The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

you'll get better with more experience. this was my first bf game and i sucked at first too.

you unlock things separately for each gun, and each class has different guns and equipment (some are for all classes). you can switch and edit classes at the beginning of the game or after you die. unfortunately not between games. :/ and as far as know you can't get from the between game menu back the the main menu. but you can once the game has started.

when it come to jets and helis...i feel your pain dude. i feel your pain.

What's up with that eh? I don't understand how people even get good at jets and helis. Seems like I only manage to get inside a plane every 3-4 games, so my chance at practicing is minimal at best. Same goes for helis, albeit they're a little easier to come by. Is there any type of training mode (online or campaign) that I'm missing?

I'm starting to figure out the whole upgrade/class thing. But one thing I can't understand is how my classes randomly change on different maps. My engineer class has some decent upgrades on the m16a (I think that's what it's called), but then randomly I'll have to play a map where the same class only has a stock ak74u (sp?)

Kinda sucks when I work for nice upgrades then I'm not allowed to use them.

What's up with that eh? I don't understand how people even get good at jets and helis. Seems like I only manage to get inside a plane every 3-4 games, so my chance at practicing is minimal at best. Same goes for helis, albeit they're a little easier to come by. Is there any type of training mode (online or campaign) that I'm missing?

I'm starting to figure out the whole upgrade/class thing. But one thing I can't understand is how my classes randomly change on different maps. My engineer class has some decent upgrades on the m16a (I think that's what it's called), but then randomly I'll have to play a map where the same class only has a stock ak74u (sp?)

I played a few matches tonight and I am having a bunch of fun. I'm just really terrible it seems. I haven't broken 1000 points yet, but hopefully maybe tomorrow haha. It seems like I get killed only by snipers. Anyway, I had a ton of fun being the gunner in a tank, so maybe I'll do some more of that.

I played a few matches tonight and I am having a bunch of fun. I'm just really terrible it seems. I haven't broken 1000 points yet, but hopefully maybe tomorrow haha. It seems like I get killed only by snipers. Anyway, I had a ton of fun being the gunner in a tank, so maybe I'll do some more of that.

Tanks are probably the easiest way to get big scores. It's miles better if you have a teammate to pair up with and communicate with. I always have a friend that I like to tank whore with. I've gotten 44-1 and 31-1 games the past few days by sitting in a tank and killing people while trying to cap flags. Guaranteed to be at the top of the scoreboard too. Just don't be a gunner that shoots at every jet that flies by in the air. It's easy to stay alive when you have tank vs ground enemy battles. But a chopper can screw your day up with one fly by so it's best not to piss them off.

Don't rely too much on tanks or you'll be lost on the battlefield when you can't get into a tank haha.

C4 was so much more fun in BC2. You could actually toss them up 2 stories if you got the timing right and made a cooler sound along with a larger blast radius.

In BF3 most people who are any good with tanks use proximity scan, so it's very difficult to C4 a tank which is basically it's most effective use.

Archived