The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

Well, suppression has some tatical uses in close quarters, especially in maps like Metro. Some support players actually do spam their LMG to buy their teammates some time to reload, hold a position...etc. Though most people love their K/D ratio too much to actually do this.

It is true that the Stinger and IGLA can now disable a chopper with a direct hit (albeit with a nerfed lock-on range). However, only normal tank rounds and the RPG/SMAW can actually one-shot it. Basically, it's a comprimise for having Below Radar. You know how annoying it is to have a chopper right in front of your eyeballs and your stinger just won't lock onto it.

Personally, I think choppers are way OP in the game. They are nearly untouchable in the hands of a good pilot and a good gunner, espcailly in public games where randoms just don't bother with SOFLAM. Speaking of SOFLAM, choppers can now use flares onSOFLAM guided missiles...what a bummer.

They always could.

Yeah ther some lame are some lame updates people but for the most part it seems good to me. The MAV can't be used as an elevator anymore, short fall damage has supposedly stopped(I used to die from a 1 floor fall in hardcore quite regularly), they didn't do enough with the frag rounds though. But really if the support suppression is all you guys got to gripe about it could be worse.

I think it is cool people can make their own servers on the console now but it is pretty lame you have to rent them. Luckily lots of other people don't mind paying and making servers so now there are a lot better choices on the console instead of just 1 bland game mode or every level cycled through plus now we have the ability to have huge ticket maps too. I hated joining a map I specifically picked to have them finishing off the last 20 tickets so I got to sit in a lobby and wait for a map I don't want.

Well not everything is going to go your way welcome to the Battlefield my friend. ;)

But seriously I personally haven't noticed it be a big problem yet of course it has only been a day so you could be right. But I have noticed the MAVs be a problem so if they are banning people for that I am happy because you can't use mortars in your own spawn anymore and that was the most effective way of doing away with those pesky roof snipers.

On a side note I love that it says you killed someone with your MAV now, I have started to get decent at it. I don't spam it like some people do but I'm trying to finish my recon kit and I am just not a sniper, usually use a PDW, so spotting people while making runs at their heads and distracting them has gotten me a head start on my goal. I would use the soflam but most people on the consoles are dumb and don't take advantage, hell you can't even get ammo or health out of them most of the time.

I know I can't have everything, but most PC players share the same opion as me regarding suppression and all the other points I made. If you go on the forums, the only people in favour of suppression are the ones with below 10% accuracy. I take pride in my 22% accuracy without using snipers.

They also nerfed the hell out of smoke grenades which also makes no sense to me. Smoke was so valuable now it's useless.

I know I can't have everything, but most PC players share the same opion as me regarding suppression and all the other points I made. If you go on the forums, the only people in favour of suppression are the ones with below 10% accuracy. I take pride in my 22% accuracy without using snipers.

They also nerfed the hell out of smoke grenades which also makes no sense to me. Smoke was so valuable now it's useless.

The MP7 is probably the best close quarters weapon imo. With a laser sight, it has the best hipfire accuracy in the game. No need to aim down sights and it just tears people up.

The AS VAL is my second favourite weapon behind the M16, Love the high ROF and its not too bad at range once you get used to its recoil.

The MP7 is probably the best close quarters weapon imo. With a laser sight, it has the best hipfire accuracy in the game. No need to aim down sights and it just tears people up.

The AS VAL is my second favourite weapon behind the M16, Love the high ROF and its not too bad at range once you get used to its recoil.

I don't know if you have used any other PDW's, but I tried the MP7 in TDM and really disliked it. It's more of a spray-and-pray gun than anything, since it is practically useless beyond close range (though I had not unlocked the suppressor and extended mags).

I had to check the stats on the gun to see why I did so badly with it. The damange is 20-10 (2nd lowest in BF3) and the horizontal recoil is 4.5 to the left and to right (which is about the same as an average LMG). If you miss a few shots initially because of the recoil, chances are you won't have many rounds left in the clip (w/o the extended mags), thanks to its rapid fire rate. I guess I should try to hip-fire the gun a bit more and see how it performs, because aiming down sights isn't really helping, especially you want to go for the head.

Yeah, don't judge the MP7 until you have extended mags + laser sight. Like I said, it has the best hip fire in the game, the reticule is SUPER small when you have the laser sight on it. You also have to pick your battles. Just because you see a guy far away from you it doesn't mean that you haaave to shoot at him. That's what gets you killed.

Archived