The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

The inevitable...and a brand new DLC, "Aftermath," is announced.

BATTLEFIELD 3 PREMIUM KEY FEATURES

PLAY ALL EXPANSION PACKS EARLY

Get all five massive themed expansion packs for Battlefield 3 and play them two weeks early.

STAND OUT WITH EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME ITEMS

Get recognition and stand out with unique in-game items including the one-of-a-kind ACB-90 knife and a set of Battlefield 3 Premium dog tags. Further customize your experience with new exclusive soldier camos and weapon camos and unique Assignments.

ACCESS POWERFUL FEATURES

With Battlefield 3 Premium comes the unique chance to reset your Score/Minute, Kills/Deaths, and Wins/Losses stats if you want a fresh start with your multiplayer soldier. To further recognize your status, we give you queue priority into servers, more decals for your Platoon emblems, and the ability to favorite five of your Battle Reports to store them permanently.

JOIN UNIQUE EVENTS

Rank up faster with exclusive Double XP events and take part in unique competitions.

GET STRATEGY GUIDES & VIDEOS

Watch videos with playing tips straight from the developers at DICE, access a set of deep strategy guides, and get exclusive sneak peeks from upcoming expansion packs.

CONTENT AND FEATURES INCLUDED

• All Battlefield 3 expansion packs with two weeks’ early access:

o Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

o Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

o Battlefield 3: Armored Kill

o Battlefield 3: Aftermath

o Battlefield 3: End Game

Combined, these five expansion packs include 20 maps, 20 new weapons, 10+ new vehicles, 4 new game modes, 30+ Assignments and 20+ dog tags

• Unique in-game knife

• Unique in-game dog tags

• 10+ unique soldier camos

• Unique weapon camos

• Stats reset feature

• 10+ unique Platoon emblem decals

• Increased Platoon emblem layers

• Server queue priority

• Save up to five of your favorite Battle Reports

• 5+ unique Assignments

• Exclusive competitions

• Exclusive Double XP events

• Exclusive videos

• Strategy guides

• Additional bonus content

Premium pack is 50+, individual "booster packs" will be ~15.

I think my respect for DICE and EA has met rock bottom. I didn't despise them this much when I worked for them (and we all despised them (EA) a lot), but not only did they go from "we'll never charge for maps" to "pay us to queue for a full server", they're going to destroy the player base by fragmenting it. And whose idiotic idea was it to make the first pack feature the crappiest map type - close quarters? BF3's weakest point were the original maps (none of which I've played since B2K), and infantry maps were the weakest of that crop; I'd quit a server before torturing myself through a round of clusterfark Metro.

DICE Senior Producer Patrick Bach made the claim in an interview with Xbox World 360 magazine. "We don't ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together," Bach said. "We're owned by EA but we're still very much DICE."http://pc.gamespy.co.../1081143p1.html

Either it's 50 bucks to queue for a server and some dog tags and guns, or or someone's a stinkin' liar. Doesn't matter, EA will find other ways to gouge the gamers. Much like the rest of the industry.

To quote Battlefield 3, "We're getting f***ed up the a** over here".

The magic of EA.

8p1fp.png

You can't even pilot this bloody thing.

80ico.jpg

I have no interest in CQ at all. Now, I couldn't care less about AK. Looks like my BF days are coming to an end. My favorite franchise, destroyed by greed. I almost wish I didn't buy BF3 just so it wouldn't mar my view of the games. This kind of sucks.

YQRmX.jpg

More like devolved. Amirite?

Archived