The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

Finally finished my recon class. I have been ripping it up with the AS VAL it is so steady you can take out people from quite a distance with just a few bursts or at least lay good suppression on a sniper to get to cover. It gets really good once you get the ext. clip then you don't have to worry about the 20 shot clip and can just keep laying waste.

I think BF3 is better than MW3. MW is just shooting as many as you can and die as little as possible, always been. In many different ways and game modes. BF3 requires teamwork, even in QC, and thats more entertaining.

I feel I've played the MW and B-series to a max (no, I'm no a 24/7 freak) and BF3 is probably going to be my retirement arena.

• 1 month later...

been a while for this thread ...

yikes tho ... new DLC armoured kill is probably the worst DLC i've ever played. sure the maps are big, but when it takes 2-5 minutes to run between capture points its a drag. not to mention if you can't get in a tank, the game is virtually pointless as nothing is walking distance and by the time you run anywhere its almost garanteed the heli's or new gunship will kill you. terrible terrible concept IMO and i loved being boss in the tank on the other maps but these ones, not so much

Different scenarios (maps) require different strategies, no?

I haven't played any of the new Armored Kill maps yet, but I know from my experiences in Karkand, my personal style/strategy works quite well on Firestorm and Kharg, but horribly on Sharqi and Wake Island... I 'could' work on altering my play on those maps to be more successful, but I've chosen to fine tune (perfect) what I do best on the maps that are best suited for me.

I play 99.8% recon, so I like the bigger maps. I'm looking forward to having a go on the new BIG maps in Armored Kill, but not sure what a poor little sniper will be able to do against all the heavily armoured equipment?! Maybe I'll just have to hang around waiting to pick off those poor buggers running 2-5 minutes between capture points...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive been playing this game recently, and it's getting pretty absurd.

It's hard to level up when your team is being spawn camped at 400x tickets for 35 minutes straight.

I thought camping in black ops was bad, but this is at a whole different level.

That being said, it's a fun game when you find one of those rare lobbies that arent full of campers and overly skilled pilots who don't let me have any fun :angry:

Ive been playing this game recently, and it's getting pretty absurd.

It's hard to level up when your team is being spawn camped at 400x tickets for 35 minutes straight.

I thought camping in black ops was bad, but this is at a whole different level.

That being said, it's a fun game when you find one of those rare lobbies that arent full of campers and overly skilled pilots who don't let me have any fun :angry:

Archived