1212 replies to this topic

#1081 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Nerfed? They jacked up the supression effect immensely.
Anyways, I played as a super aggressive recon with SKS ironsights and the MAV as a portable tugs. Such a beast set up. I was leading the charge every time, scouting the objective, then hanging back 50 m and picked off any guys while my team cleaned up. It was beautiful.

Nice, recon is the only kit I haven't finished was thinking of using my P90 to do it. I really only Play support, for c4 traping and such, and Medic because I like healing people and blowing crap up with my noob tube.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1082 MrMooresBeard

MrMooresBeard

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Looks like you can now buy packs to get all the unlocks off origin ... i suppose it's meant for those who've just bought the game and dont want to take the time to unlock everything ... idk seems cheap to me, but i get not wanting to start so far back of everyone else

#1083 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Looks like you can now buy packs to get all the unlocks off origin ... i suppose it's meant for those who've just bought the game and dont want to take the time to unlock everything ... idk seems cheap to me, but i get not wanting to start so far back of everyone else

Oh it's totally cheap. If I actually played the game, I'd be pretty pissed about these "shortcut" packs. The only reason they exist is as a way for EA to milk even more money from gamers. In this case, it's at the direct expense of those who worked their asses off actually playing the game.

Edited by g_bassi13, 30 March 2012 - 02:08 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#1084 MrMooresBeard

MrMooresBeard

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

completely .. its like 10 bucks a kit or 40 bucks for everything ...

#1085 Busty Ruffles

Busty Ruffles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'm pitifully behind in my recon kit. I don't have the patience for it in BF3...BFBC2 seemed so easier/quicker in that respect.

I haven't played this for weeks and have run out of Gold. Boo. This thread made me miss it and now I can't play. :sadno:

#1086 MrMooresBeard

MrMooresBeard

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

actually it is BS ... for 6.99 people can get the kit that has all air vehicle upgrades unlocked ... those ones take a long time and alot of practice to get (compared to combat/ground vehicle kits) so now basically everyone can get all the goodies like TV Missiles and plane upgrades for 7 bucks. Still have to have some skill to be able to use them but its like a slap to the face of us who put in the hours to get them

#1087 Patchey

Patchey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

actually it is BS ... for 6.99 people can get the kit that has all air vehicle upgrades unlocked ... those ones take a long time and alot of practice to get (compared to combat/ground vehicle kits) so now basically everyone can get all the goodies like TV Missiles and plane upgrades for 7 bucks. Still have to have some skill to be able to use them but its like a slap to the face of us who put in the hours to get them

I've got service stars with every Vehicle/Kit except recon, and I'm damn proud of earning it properly, but I don't really care about the new guys paying for everything.
Posted Image

#1088 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

The new suppression is absolutely TERRIBLE. Let's reward bad players for missing. Makes sense.

I'm digging the new gun balancing though. Perfect amount of recoil overall.

Posted Image

#1089 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

have not played BF3 for a bit can someone list the updates that came from the patch that would be great.
GO Canucks GO

#1090 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

The Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

The new suppression is absolutely TERRIBLE. Let's reward bad players for missing. Makes sense.

I'm digging the new gun balancing though. Perfect amount of recoil overall.

I don't play BF3 much anymore, but I felt like suppression was pretty crappy before the patch. It's a perk of support, and it's supposed to balance out the fact that LMG's suck at hitting stuff. Support is supposed to keep the enemy immobile while everyone else flanks. Working much more as intended after the patch.

#1091 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Having your screen go blurry is one thing, but having ALL your bullets stray 5 feet in every direction while actually aiming on target is pretty stupid IMO. Luck is a bigger factor than gun play now. Another crutch for people who are bad at this game.

Posted Image

#1092 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

I've got service stars with every Vehicle/Kit except recon, and I'm damn proud of earning it properly, but I don't really care about the new guys paying for everything.

I'd hate buying all the unlocks, kind of makes the game less interesting.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#1093 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'd hate buying all the unlocks, kind of makes the game less interesting.

I agree, I have basically unlocked everything now and I'm wishing I had more to work towards.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1094 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

The new update sucks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1095 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Done with this game. The new update's ruined it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1096 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

: O!

Seriously done or just for a bit?

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#1097 MrMooresBeard

MrMooresBeard

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

patch has made this game unplayable for me ... Choppers can be taken down now with 1 shot ... tanks (even with that added protection thing) are now 2 shots killed ... we dont even need to get into the supression BS which makes the tight city maps garbage ... lame

#1098 Patchey

Patchey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Patch is awesome. Love it.
Posted Image

#1099 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Well, suppression has some tatical uses in close quarters, especially in maps like Metro. Some support players actually do spam their LMG to buy their teammates some time to reload, hold a position...etc. Though most people love their K/D ratio too much to actually do this.

patch has made this game unplayable for me ... Choppers can be taken down now with 1 shot ... tanks (even with that added protection thing) are now 2 shots killed ... we dont even need to get into the supression BS which makes the tight city maps garbage ... lame

It is true that the Stinger and IGLA can now disable a chopper with a direct hit (albeit with a nerfed lock-on range). However, only normal tank rounds and the RPG/SMAW can actually one-shot it. Basically, it's a comprimise for having Below Radar. You know how annoying it is to have a chopper right in front of your eyeballs and your stinger just won't lock onto it.

Personally, I think choppers are way OP in the game. They are nearly untouchable in the hands of a good pilot and a good gunner, espcailly in public games where randoms just don't bother with SOFLAM. Speaking of SOFLAM, choppers can now use flares onSOFLAM guided missiles...what a bummer.

#1100 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

: O!

Seriously done or just for a bit?

I'll probably end up playing later when I'm bored :lol:

I don't like the update at all though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1101 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Well, suppression has some tatical uses in close quarters, especially in maps like Metro. Some support players actually do spam their LMG to buy their teammates some time to reload, hold a position...etc. Though most people love their K/D ratio too much to actually do this.

It is true that the Stinger and IGLA can now disable a chopper with a direct hit (albeit with a nerfed lock-on range). However, only normal tank rounds and the RPG/SMAW can actually one-shot it. Basically, it's a comprimise for having Below Radar. You know how annoying it is to have a chopper right in front of your eyeballs and your stinger just won't lock onto it.

Personally, I think choppers are way OP in the game. They are nearly untouchable in the hands of a good pilot and a good gunner, espcailly in public games where randoms just don't bother with SOFLAM. Speaking of SOFLAM, choppers can now use flares onSOFLAM guided missiles...what a bummer.

They always could.

Yeah ther some lame are some lame updates people but for the most part it seems good to me. The MAV can't be used as an elevator anymore, short fall damage has supposedly stopped(I used to die from a 1 floor fall in hardcore quite regularly), they didn't do enough with the frag rounds though. But really if the support suppression is all you guys got to gripe about it could be worse.

I think it is cool people can make their own servers on the console now but it is pretty lame you have to rent them. Luckily lots of other people don't mind paying and making servers so now there are a lot better choices on the console instead of just 1 bland game mode or every level cycled through plus now we have the ability to have huge ticket maps too. I hated joining a map I specifically picked to have them finishing off the last 20 tickets so I got to sit in a lobby and wait for a map I don't want.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1102 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

They always could.

Yeah ther some lame are some lame updates people but for the most part it seems good to me. The MAV can't be used as an elevator anymore, short fall damage has supposedly stopped(I used to die from a 1 floor fall in hardcore quite regularly), they didn't do enough with the frag rounds though. But really if the support suppression is all you guys got to gripe about it could be worse.

I think it is cool people can make their own servers on the console now but it is pretty lame you have to rent them. Luckily lots of other people don't mind paying and making servers so now there are a lot better choices on the console instead of just 1 bland game mode or every level cycled through plus now we have the ability to have huge ticket maps too. I hated joining a map I specifically picked to have them finishing off the last 20 tickets so I got to sit in a lobby and wait for a map I don't want.

Nope, a SOFLAM or a third seat in the tank + javelin/guided missile couldn't be flared. You could ECM while getting locked on, but if you're locked on and a misile is coming at you, you're dead unless you can dodge it.

Suppression is a game changer, I don't know how it is on console where players are a lot more inaccurate, but if 2 players are supressed, it's just a matter of luck on who kills who. The amount of spread in this game is already ridiculous, but to add 300% suppression is absolutely stupid. A person who is terrible at this game can win a gun fight with a veteran just because they shot at them half a second earlier and MISSED. Like I said, it's a crutch for bad players just like lots of things in this game. Word is that it's going to be tweaked, I really hope that's true. The close-quarters DLC would be unplayable with this current suppression.

The MAV can stil be used as an elevator, you just need to go prone on it instead of standing. I don't understand how DICE didn't test this. At least servers are starting to kick/ban low-life lifters now.

The gun updates are awesome though. I love the increased recoil.

Posted Image

#1103 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well not everything is going to go your way welcome to the Battlefield my friend. ;)

But seriously I personally haven't noticed it be a big problem yet of course it has only been a day so you could be right. But I have noticed the MAVs be a problem so if they are banning people for that I am happy because you can't use mortars in your own spawn anymore and that was the most effective way of doing away with those pesky roof snipers.

On a side note I love that it says you killed someone with your MAV now, I have started to get decent at it. I don't spam it like some people do but I'm trying to finish my recon kit and I am just not a sniper, usually use a PDW, so spotting people while making runs at their heads and distracting them has gotten me a head start on my goal. I would use the soflam but most people on the consoles are dumb and don't take advantage, hell you can't even get ammo or health out of them most of the time.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1104 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

I know I can't have everything, but most PC players share the same opion as me regarding suppression and all the other points I made. If you go on the forums, the only people in favour of suppression are the ones with below 10% accuracy. I take pride in my 22% accuracy without using snipers.

They also nerfed the hell out of smoke grenades which also makes no sense to me. Smoke was so valuable now it's useless.

Posted Image

#1105 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Anyone else been getting kicked by PB for violating queries, error 9006? I can't play for more than 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure it happened after the latest Origin update. I updated PB, too. =/

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#1106 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

I know I can't have everything, but most PC players share the same opion as me regarding suppression and all the other points I made. If you go on the forums, the only people in favour of suppression are the ones with below 10% accuracy. I take pride in my 22% accuracy without using snipers.

They also nerfed the hell out of smoke grenades which also makes no sense to me. Smoke was so valuable now it's useless.

lol my accuracy would probably be worse if I used snipers. :lol: Of course I never use them so my practice is poor but still just can't stand it.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1107 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

One thing I really miss from BC2 is having to sacrifice a specialization if you wanted to use anything but iron sights. Once again... another crutch for bad players :(

Posted Image

#1108 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Haven't played in awhile, been busy with Total War games. :lol:

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#1109 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

One thing I really miss from BC2 is having to sacrifice a specialization if you wanted to use anything but iron sights. Once again... another crutch for bad players :(

I can agree with that although I like how customized you can have each weapon now. On the update I like how they fixed the mines always showing up on radar at least now people have to spot them.

I just unlocked the ext. mags for the MP7 and man does that gun rip, I want to unlock the ext. mags with the AS Val now.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1110 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

The MP7 is probably the best close quarters weapon imo. With a laser sight, it has the best hipfire accuracy in the game. No need to aim down sights and it just tears people up.

The AS VAL is my second favourite weapon behind the M16, Love the high ROF and its not too bad at range once you get used to its recoil.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.