The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

The chart pretty much confirms that the SVD and MK11 are really OP, cause I rock with them. :mrgreen:

As for countering snipers, send up a drone to find him (don't spot or you'll spook him) then switch to engineer and mortar the poo out of him

EDIT: you can try to roadkill him with the drone if you want.

Played with the newly bought joystick today and it really makes a difference. Flying the jets feels very natural though I still have a little trouble with the choppers.

But the thing is not only do you fight the enemy jets in the air and the annoying AA defense on the ground, you have to fight you teammates for a chancge to fly. It took me about 2 hours to salvage 700 points to unlock the heat seeker missile, but it takes longer for the goddamn missile to get a lock on which is never.

Played with the newly bought joystick today and it really makes a difference. Flying the jets feels very natural though I still have a little trouble with the choppers.

But the thing is not only do you fight the enemy jets in the air and the annoying AA defense on the ground, you have to fight you teammates for a chancge to fly. It took me about 2 hours to salvage 700 points to unlock the heat seeker missile, but it takes longer for the goddamn missile to get a lock on which is never.

Jet flying is pretty tough since anyone can get a stinger missile and lock-on, just try and stick to higher altitudes and use your jet machine gun since it's already pretty powerful and much more effective at taking down jets quickly.

The use of heat-seeking missiles is easily countered by flares, which everyone already has, so they always have time to bail when they hear a lock-on.

I agree that the machine gun is more practical but the heat seekers are all I have for secondary weapon, besides, they are good for damaging helos and taking out noob pilots. I'll switch to rockets as soon as they are unlocked, though. And yes, jet/helo flying is tough, especially getting points with them is hard and dedicated work. But I think it is worth it once you unlock everything, because having a good combo of unlock gears can make you almost untouchable. I've seen a pilot who has unlocked everything owning my team and the airspace with a 19-0 score in Conquest (though having a good wingman helped). But players like him are rare which makes it that more special when you finally get the last unlock.

Also, I played with the mobile AA last night (LAV AD and Tunguska) just to get a sense of how AA works. Boy, was it fun. The vehicle is like the ultimate trolling machine in BF3. I know it because I hate it with a passion. All you have to do is park it within the safe zone in Conquest and wait for a flyby. Occasionally you'll get angry players trying to ruin your fun with every means possible. I've seen people hitting my vehicle with the M98, C4s, the Repair Tool, Javelin and what have you. So you have to be on your toes all the time, especially when the vehicle is so rare that it's not uncommon a teammate carjacking your vehicle if you exit it to plant land mines or do other stuff. Not to mention there's always a race to get to the AA at the start of every match. On a side note, I heard there is no mobile AA in Conquest for the console which sucks big time.

Having said that, there is just so much to do and so many roles to play in BF3 that you'll never get bored of playing the game, even weeks after the release.

Jet heat seekers are at their best once you unlock beam scanning which speeds up the lock-on process, you can also use it with the guided missile once you unlock that as well.

AA is a pain to take out, because most of the time they are located far behind enemy lines where the only way that they can be approached is by the air...which 99/100 times does not work. The real issue is that they can be manned by an engineer who can just repair it after they encounter a jet/heli and continue raping without anything to challenge it.

I wish that they made it so the beam scanners would give guided missiles a damage bonus like soflams and laser designators do.

Only problem I'm having is finding someone to soflam targets for me so I can take out vehicles quicker.

Archived