1212 replies to this topic

#1111 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

The MP7 is probably the best close quarters weapon imo. With a laser sight, it has the best hipfire accuracy in the game. No need to aim down sights and it just tears people up.

The AS VAL is my second favourite weapon behind the M16, Love the high ROF and its not too bad at range once you get used to its recoil.

Cool I think I am going to work on my AS VAL today and see how it goes but I completely agree the MP7 is ridiculous in close range it just fires so fast and steady so once you get the ext. mags it just doesn't stop.

On a side note every time in the last 2-3 days that I seem to turn on my BF3 it says I have just unlocked the B2K maps and other stuff that came out with the game and resets every single one of my kits and all the mods on my guns. It isn't an insanely big deal except that it happened 3 times yesterday and once already today so it is getting pretty irritating and leading to a lot of lost lives because I'll have like a scope on my assault rifle or something stupid and going in and resetting all my weapons like they were previously isn't an option because it will just wipe all my work out as soon as I turn it off. It literally kicked me out of an existing game yesterday to tell me that "some of my xbox live features can't be used but I can still play online" but it interupting my game to do that, because it is BF3, kicked me all the way to the dashboard and when I restarted it wiped all of my kits again. Suffice it to say I'm getting a wee bit frustrated at this point so is there anyway to file a complaint or something?

Edited by RO8!!, 09 April 2012 - 10:26 AM.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1112 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Sniping under suppression now seems impossible. It's quite hilarious watching a lone enemy sniper exchanging rounds with my PKP Pecheneg and missing every single shot by a wide margin. I guess the Cover specialization is a must for recon.

#1113 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

I've gotten used to the suppression at this point but I still despise it.

SKS + grip + flash suppression is a sweet aggressive recon class. MAV + spawn beacon can make you a valuable rush asset.

Posted Image

#1114 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

I just unlocked the ext. mags for the MP7 and man does that gun rip, I want to unlock the ext. mags with the AS Val now.

I don't know if you have used any other PDW's, but I tried the MP7 in TDM and really disliked it. It's more of a spray-and-pray gun than anything, since it is practically useless beyond close range (though I had not unlocked the suppressor and extended mags).

I had to check the stats on the gun to see why I did so badly with it. The damange is 20-10 (2nd lowest in BF3) and the horizontal recoil is 4.5 to the left and to right (which is about the same as an average LMG). If you miss a few shots initially because of the recoil, chances are you won't have many rounds left in the clip (w/o the extended mags), thanks to its rapid fire rate. I guess I should try to hip-fire the gun a bit more and see how it performs, because aiming down sights isn't really helping, especially you want to go for the head.

Edited by Hat Trick Maker, 10 April 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#1115 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

I don't know if you have used any other PDW's, but I tried the MP7 in TDM and really disliked it. It's more of a spray-and-pray gun than anything, since it is practically useless beyond close range (though I had not unlocked the suppressor and extended mags).

I had to check the stats on the gun to see why I did so badly with it. The damange is 20-10 (2nd lowest in BF3) and the horizontal recoil is 4.5 to the left and to right (which is about the same as an average LMG). If you miss a few shots initially because of the recoil, chances are you won't have many rounds left in the clip (w/o the extended mags), thanks to its rapid fire rate. I guess I should try to hip-fire the gun a bit more and see how it performs, because aiming down sights isn't really helping, especially you want to go for the head.

It is pretty bad to get used to but once you do it can be very effective and since you can use it on any class it becomes a terrific compact lightweight weapon. Your never gonna be able to track people very well over long distances but I have killed snipers who stay to stationary with it many times just shooting a couple 2 round bursts. With the ext. mags it becomes a surprisingly powerful gun because you can kill 2 people with it and even miss a little but it also has not much recoil from my experience with it. So if your like me and like to be on the move sneaking up on people and such, or sometimes I use it on my Medic and equip an M320 for longer range/splash damage to finish guys off. BTW you need 60 kills for the ext. mags and it is well worth it because it is mildly useless until you do.

@Tenacious: I also noticed how great the recon class can be for TDM because no one else can spawn on anyone but most people can use my beacon and if I fly my MAV to the middle of the level and leave it there it racks up assists like crazy and spots people for my teammates as well as my self. So that is how I have been gaining my points for recon and building up my PDW's

Edited by RO8!!, 10 April 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1116 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

But nobody else is having troubles with their kits resetting or know where I can voice a complaint to battlefield?

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1117 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

MP7...... gotta try that out

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#1118 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, don't judge the MP7 until you have extended mags + laser sight. Like I said, it has the best hip fire in the game, the reticule is SUPER small when you have the laser sight on it. You also have to pick your battles. Just because you see a guy far away from you it doesn't mean that you haaave to shoot at him. That's what gets you killed.

Posted Image

#1119 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Rough start to the MP7 :lol:

3499h5x.jpg

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

#1120 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Rough start to the MP7 :lol:

It always is, the suppressor is unlocked at about 40 kills and the ext. mags at 60.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1121 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

If anyone on PC is interested in playing with a group of my friends let me know. Play to win, play the objective. Gotta have a mic though.

Posted Image

#1122 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

If anyone on PC is interested in playing with a group of my friends let me know. Play to win, play the objective. Gotta have a mic though.

I have a mic, but I'm too shy to put it on... :(

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#1123 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Finally got the extended mag

MP7 is unstoppable :emot-parrot:

Thanks to whoever put it out there. It's my favorite gun now :lol:

So good

3499h5x.jpg

#1124 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Just got my first 100 kill game with the MP7 :emot-parrot:

3499h5x.jpg

#1125 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Just got my first 100 kill game with the MP7 :emot-parrot:

Nice glad your enjoying it, I wasn't lying when I said it ripped.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1126 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Does any not receive the Conquest and Conquest Winner awards on PC? Seems to happen to me 90% of the time.

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#1127 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

I haven't encountered that problem..

Posted Image

#1128 Patchey

Patchey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Tenacious, I want to thank you for the MP7 advice. That thing is just a monster. I can spray the trigger, and land every bullet on the target up to about 50 meters.
Posted Image

#1129 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

Just played for the first time in awhile, I like that you can hear enemy footsteps now.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#1130 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Man they nerfed the noob tube it has virtually no slash damage now.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1131 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Man they nerfed the noob tube it has virtually no slash damage now.

Go back to COD then. :P

#1132 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Go back to COD then. :P

COD 4 was the only one I played and I still do from time to time. Plus if you ever used it you'd know what I meant, I shot one consecutively like 4 or 5 times at a guy I had leverage on but was just out of the line of sight in the corner of a room and couldn't kill him. I know they want it to be more exact so people don't spam it but there is a breaking point when frag grenades are exploding 5 feet in front of your face. Also the close range is inexplicably bad as in I could kill myself before the guy in between me and the wall in a tight room.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1133 velocity

velocity

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

they deffinatly changed the amount that frag weapons affect enemies, I played conquest yesterday and was absolutly amazed at the amount of close proximity grenades I survived, I think I also only got 1 noob tube kill the whole round, I also noticed that claymores are no longer automatic kills like they used to be,

#1134 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

COD 4 was the only one I played and I still do from time to time. Plus if you ever used it you'd know what I meant, I shot one consecutively like 4 or 5 times at a guy I had leverage on but was just out of the line of sight in the corner of a room and couldn't kill him. I know they want it to be more exact so people don't spam it but there is a breaking point when frag grenades are exploding 5 feet in front of your face. Also the close range is inexplicably bad as in I could kill myself before the guy in between me and the wall in a tight room.

Do you play HC?

#1135 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Do you play HC?

I'd say half an half since I don't put the normal/hardcore servers on the filter I just find something I want to play. But no I don't think the game was hardcore.

@velocity: What is great about claymores is that they disappear a few seconds after someone dies now instead of staying and you getting randomly claymored from someone across the map who laid it a few lives ago. Although they did the same with C4. <_<

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1136 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

The less effective explosives are, the happier I am. If you're gonna kill me, beat me with your gun skills. Not a claymore you dropped 10 mins ago or a noob tube.

It also baffles me that anyone would ever pick an M320 over a med kit.

Posted Image

#1137 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

The less effective explosives are, the happier I am. If you're gonna kill me, beat me with your gun skills. Not a claymore you dropped 10 mins ago or a noob tube.

I only got a couple people I know who play so I end up by myself most of the time and most random squad members don't help much so I usually use my M320 over a med kit.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1138 Patchey

Patchey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Sometimes it's more useful. I know if there is going to be a intense firefight at the alleyway at Grand Bazaar, I'm just going to equip the M320, and fire it at the upper stories of the surrounding buildings to bring down debris on the enemy. There will be plenty of health laying around anyways. I usually ALWAYS run with the smoke if I'm in rush, it is SOOO helpful, I'm surprised more people don't do it.
Posted Image

#1139 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Sometimes it's more useful. I know if there is going to be a intense firefight at the alleyway at Grand Bazaar, I'm just going to equip the M320, and fire it at the upper stories of the surrounding buildings to bring down debris on the enemy. There will be plenty of health laying around anyways. I usually ALWAYS run with the smoke if I'm in rush, it is SOOO helpful, I'm surprised more people don't do it.

Amen!

3499h5x.jpg

#1140 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, smoke in rush is key. I don't know why DICE decided to nerf the hell out of it though.

Smoke is a lot better in HC, being able to spot through smoke in softcore = ???

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.