1212 replies to this topic

#91 Soundgarden

Soundgarden

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

A nice 13+ minute video showing off multiplayer.

#92 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyy0BideDR8

I think this might be the 1st time you can see your own legs in a 1st person shooter.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#93 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,992 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

I think this might be the 1st time you can see your own legs in a 1st person shooter.

If I remember correctly, Killzone 3 does this.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#94 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

it's... it's so beautiful... Posted ImagePosted Image

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#95 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

I like that they brought back the health display.

In Jurassic Part: Trespasser (1998), you can see the cleavage of your character. Tribes 2 (2001) and Halo 2 have visible legs as well.

#96 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

PC is only 64 person games right? Too bad consoles aren't the same.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#97 Soundgarden

Soundgarden

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

PC is only 64 person games right? Too bad consoles aren't the same.

Yes, PC is 64, console is 24.

#98 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,992 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

http://www.g4tv.com/...meplay-Trailer/
Anybody a master at embedding?

Woops, didn't realize this was the same video Tenacious posted a few posts up. I didn't even look at the video, I just assumed it was a new one because it was posted today by G4.

Edited by trav_have, 26 July 2011 - 08:51 PM.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#99 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,992 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

Edited by trav_have, 27 July 2011 - 02:42 AM.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#100 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

I just got an invite to the alpha test through email. :towel:

News has it that the guy who posted these vids got into some trouble with EA and DICE. Expect them to get removed soon.

#101 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

Just got my alpha invite but Origin is being a complete tease and not letting me play it. And this is why Steam will always be better :(

Posted Image

#102 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

Just got my alpha invite but Origin is being a complete tease and not letting me play it. And this is why Steam will always be better :(

Yup. Had a very hard time navigating through origin. Complete trash IMO...

I want my steam!!! :(

Anyways...

Enjoying alpha so far. Only gripe I have with it is that defense is a little OP. Or it could've been the server I was playing in, but out of the 8 rounds that I played, neither team were able to get through the subway... :huh:

#103 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

Yup. Had a very hard time navigating through origin. Complete trash IMO...

I want my steam!!! :(

Anyways...

Enjoying alpha so far. Only gripe I have with it is that defense is a little OP. Or it could've been the server I was playing in, but out of the 8 rounds that I played, neither team were able to get through the subway... :huh:

Every map usually has that 1 station that is very hard to attack. That's where teamwork usually comes in.

Posted Image

#104 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Master Baiter

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

So is it a pretty small map in the alpha?

#105 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

So is it a pretty small map in the alpha?

Yes, considering that the playable area is more or less a long, narrow strip on a map playing Rush with 32 players.

Every map usually has that 1 station that is very hard to attack. That's where teamwork usually comes in.

I pretty much played with noobs the entire night. In one game, I rushed to and successfully armed M-Com A twice but only had it disarmed both times because my team mates were too chickencrap to cover me. In another game, I snuck to M-Com B alone and destroyed it despite I got killed right after i armed it. I was like "really?"

#106 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Master Baiter

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Yeah...that's why I can only play Battlefield with friends, on vent. Much like TF2, teamwork is half the fun.

#107 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

Yeah...that's why I can only play Battlefield with friends, on vent. Much like TF2, teamwork is half the fun.

TF2 is now riddled with F2P players, and it makes me sad... Which is why I stick to one server (http://www.freefrag.com/).

It's full of skilled players that actually work as a team to win, and it also scares off F2P players :P

Once BF3 is out I'll most likely play with my close friends, cus it doesn't seem like much people use their mic's to communicate with others...

Edited by ChenWei91, 28 July 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#108 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

Can anyone enlighten me with the differences between the CoD series and Battlefield?

Considering playing Battlefield, but i don't know anything in terms of graphics, gameplay, etc.

Posted Image

#109 iLoveRunningMan

iLoveRunningMan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

Can anyone enlighten me with the differences between the CoD series and Battlefield?

Considering playing Battlefield, but i don't know anything in terms of graphics, gameplay, etc.

In short, battlefield is a comprehensive game that involves: the use of tactics, team work, surroundings, vehicles, weapon class, strategy, and so much more to help you win the game. A lot more realistic warfare, it is not a run and gun game; you will not survive or win by doing this in bf. Maps? Take the biggest COD map times it by 1000x and you probably get an average size bf map. Graphics? I haven't played BF3 but comparing the graphics with MW3 I just laugh out loud at the MW3. Remember BF is not for everyone, vice versa COD, but in my opinion BF series is superior to COD series; In almost every aspect of multiplayer.

Posted Image

#110 Soundgarden

Soundgarden

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

<br>Can anyone enlighten me with the differences between the CoD series and Battlefield?<br><br>Considering playing Battlefield, but i don't know anything in terms of graphics, gameplay, etc.<br>

Battlefield 3 will blow anything CoD puts together graphics wise on the PC, as Battlefield to begin with is a PC game, on the console side of things, I expect BF3 to be better looking then MW3 but we haven't really seen any console play besides the off-screen viewing from some late night talk show. However, I'm not huge on graphics and don't believe visuals make the game. On to gameplay, BF is heavy on team play and running like you are playing CoD will only lead to you losing the match probably 90+% of the time. The better you work as a team, the game becomes very easy, have too many assault guys and you will run out of tickets (lives, your team as a whole only has so many lives, you die, you lose a ticket, if somebody revives you, you regain that ticket) fast, not enough support guys and you will run out of ammo quickly, nobody to repair vehicles and well, you lose that ability until it respawns.

Currently Battlefield 3 has three confirmed and one unknown gamemode....
--Rush-Defend or destroy the M-COM stations. The Defenders win the match if the attackers lose all their tickets, the attackers win by blowing up all M-COM stations. The match starts off with each team attacking or defending 2 M-COMs, if the attackers blow them both up, the map will expand and the attackers must do the same thing over again. Don't quote me, but I believe the attackers in total blow up 8 M-COMs and after every 2 the map will expand.
--Conquest-Basically Domination
--Team Deathmatch-I don't need to explain this.

Play the open beta when it comes out in September because Battlefield really isn't a game for everybody.

Edited by Soundgarden, 31 July 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#111 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

I'm a noob what are these tickets you speak of when you die?
GO Canucks GO

#112 Violator

Violator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

I'm just waiting to blow up buildings with campers in them with c4.

#113 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

I don't know what to think.. I've played every COD since Modern Warfare. I'm not really pulled towards this game or COD this time around. I usually play a rush, team based style of play. What would you guys suggest?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#114 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

I don't know what to think.. I've played every COD since Modern Warfare. I'm not really pulled towards this game or COD this time around. I usually play a rush, team based style of play. What would you guys suggest?

If you like rushed game play play go with COD but your not really working as a team but that depends on the game mode your on, Battlefield is more team friendly, you basically have to work as a team to be successful at winning or your going to lose the majority of your games

#115 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

If you like rushed game play play go with COD but your not really working as a team but that depends on the game mode your on, Battlefield is more team friendly, you basically have to work as a team to be successful at winning or your going to lose the majority of your games

I'll keep this in mind. I think I'm just going to wait until both games are out and learn more about both before making my decision. The one thing about Battlefield that draws me is the fact that I'll probably get more out of it. It seems another COD is being popped out every year, and everyone just moves on to the new game. Battlefield might have a longer lifespan.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#116 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,686 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

Late reply but you realize you can just buy and enjoy both? Or rent both and see which you prefer?

Edited by Madness, 09 August 2011 - 03:35 PM.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   | STL Blues EHL Roster

cookie.png

#117 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:32 PM

Late reply but you realize you can just buy and enjoy both? Or rent both and see which you prefer?

I've considered that.. but since I've got NHL 12, AC Revelations, and Skyrim pre-ordered I think having two shooters tossed into the mix would be a bit much. I'll probably just wait until they are both out and do some homework on both games. :)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#118 Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Bought a 570 just for this. Installed Monday. Freakin' beast with my i7.
EMBRACE THE HATE

#119 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,992 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

I've considered that.. but since I've got NHL 12, AC Revelations, and Skyrim pre-ordered I think having two shooters tossed into the mix would be a bit much. I'll probably just wait until they are both out and do some homework on both games. :)

Yeah, September-November is going to suck for my wallet.

September: NHL 12, Dead Island, ICO&Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection. Resistance 3 will have to wait.
October: Battlefield 3, Batman Arkham City, Silent Hill, maybe Dark Souls
November: Uncharted, Skyrim, Assasin's Creed, Call of Duty

Most of these will probably have to wait....I'm probably going to play the heck out of NHL 12 so it won't make the wait for BF3 that hard. Then when I get BF3 I'll be playing the heck out of that until I get Skyrim. Skyrim will hold me off while I wait for cash for the others.

Either that, or I'll just buy them all release day and be broke for a few months. :lol:

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#120 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, September-November is going to suck for my wallet.

September: NHL 12, Dead Island, ICO&Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection. Resistance 3 will have to wait.
October: Battlefield 3, Batman Arkham City, Silent Hill, maybe Dark Souls
November: Uncharted, Skyrim, Assasin's Creed, Call of Duty

Most of these will probably have to wait....I'm probably going to play the heck out of NHL 12 so it won't make the wait for BF3 that hard. Then when I get BF3 I'll be playing the heck out of that until I get Skyrim. Skyrim will hold me off while I wait for cash for the others.

Either that, or I'll just buy them all release day and be broke for a few months. :lol:

BF3, NHL 12, and Skyrim could easily keep you busy for a while. Then you could pick up one or two of the others and just wait for their prices to drop a bit. Either way, looks like you've got a good couple of months of gaming coming up. :lol:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.