The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

I went from 8.2 w/l ratio to 5.5 because of idiots who:

a) rather sit around and camp for a heli

B) don't play objectives

c) keep going for the SAME objective even though there's 4834204 guys there (WTF THERE'S 4 POINTS ON A MAP HELLO??) and die time after time after.

d) Helis/jets who camp over the aircraft spawning points

ARGH. :mad:

I went from 8.2 w/l ratio to 5.5 because of idiots who:

a) rather sit around and camp for a heli

B) don't play objectives

c) keep going for the SAME objective even though there's 4834204 guys there (WTF THERE'S 4 POINTS ON A MAP HELLO??) and die time after time after.

d) Helis/jets who camp over the aircraft spawning points

ARGH. :mad:

Anyone on PC? I just picked it up this morning. So awesome.

Except the helis, why do the helis suck so much? It's like controlling a tub of water suspended by a single rope under a zeppelin. Even BC2 helis were better, and those were awful compared to the original DC. My specialty is was helis. :(

I've only flown the one, Black Hawk I think it was. The chopper didn't feel responsive at all. When I was lifting off, I was glued to the ground and then launched into the air as if I'm flying a chopper made of paper. None of the controls feel as responsive as BC2 even. Maybe I need to try again on a different server. I've not read many complaints about choppers, so maybe it was something on my end. :wacko:

Some Gulf of Oman gameplay. :D

Also:

Battlefield 3, NFS: The Run for $30; many others discounted in Origin Cyber Monday sale

by Ben Gilbert writer_rss.gif on Nov 28th 2011 1:27PM

karkand-5-1319924208_530x298.jpg

Origin may be the new kid on the block, but that doesn't mean it was born yesterday. EA clearly realizes that its digital-only game service needs to compete with the other digital retailers, as evidenced by its overtly aggressive pricing on today's Cyber Monday sales:Battlefield 3 for $30, as well as Need for Speed: The Run, not to mention package savings that rival Steam's.

Beyond the games available for PC, a variety of the publisher's iOS slash mobile titles are also getting deep cuts, all of which end around midnight tonight. If you were waiting patiently for a heavily discounted copy of Risk for your iPad, now is the time!

I know you've all probably already got over the stupidities in this game, but I haven't and I gotta rant to make myself feel better.

Whoever approved the mini-map design should be taken out back, beaten with firehoses, shot in the knees and fed to roaches. The absolute stupidest mini-map I've ever used in any game, evar. Why does DICE insist on taking what worked great in previous games and sh!tting all over it? Seriously, it's so bad it discourages me from playing. Choppers? WTdoubleF? Desert Combat? Perfect choppers. Hire guys from DC to work on BF2? Perfect choppers. BC2? Perfect compared to the sh!t piles in BF3. It's like flying a kite. Who in the world thought 3rd person view should be from the side instead of from behind? That person needs to be hurt too. 40 second post-game score screen? I didn't buy BF3 to stare at my K/D ratio, it's a BF game that sh!t don't matter! Kit and squad selection? It's like they thought "Hmmm, that worked pretty well in BC2. Let's replace it with a pile of crap". IRNV scopes? Back in my day, cheaters made skins to make the enemies stand out like clowns at a funeral. Today? It's In The Game. Spawn selection? "Hey guys, remember how in other BF games we made spawns clickable to make it easier and faster? Yeah, let's do the opposite this time". WTtrippleF? Some boneheaded gameplay decisions.

Yes, I take my Battlefield gaming seriously. It revolutionized gaming for me when Wake Island demo came out, and I haven't missed a beat (except 2142) since. It's the ultimate gaming experience for me, and it's been marred with crap. I'm so angry I could explode! Ok, just kidding on that last one. Phew, I feel better.

Archived