Sterling Archer

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ukxgldpOo

oh gaawd

Those textures... those animations... Sweet Jesus.
EMBRACE THE HATE

#153 -Goose-

-Goose-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

So what type of settings and setups are you guys running?

AMD6950
i5 2400
8GB DDR3

good enough for mid -high?

Posted Image

#154 Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

So what type of settings and setups are you guys running?

AMD6950
i5 2400
8GB DDR3

good enough for mid -high?

We won't know how it will run until the beta.
EMBRACE THE HATE

#155 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

You'll probably be fine to run it on high settings... educated guess.

Posted Image

#156 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

Some of you guys really gotta get off your gaming high-horse, it's like you guys will look down upon and pity anyone who buys MW3.

And this is coming from someone who loved MW2 but is going to get BF3, not MW3.

Edited by kanucks25, 02 September 2011 - 05:44 PM.

Posted Image

#157 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,455 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

and BF3 looks like an enhanced BF2... your point? lol.

and you're probably getting NHL12.. your point? :lol:

Clearly didn't read what I posted in NHL 12 Thread...

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#158 Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

Some of you guys really gotta get off your gaming high-horse, it's like you guys will look down upon and pity anyone who buys MW3.

And this is coming from someone who loved MW2 but is going to get BF3, not MW3.

Agreed. However, I think many of us are more upset as to what activision is not only doing to a once great franchise, but the over saturation of the market. They are using the guitar hero model, and we all saw how well that turned out. I would rather have quality tiles come out years apart than see a great series bled dry by corporate greed. That's not what games are about.
EMBRACE THE HATE

#159 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

Agreed. However, I think many of us are more upset as to what activision is not only doing to a once great franchise, but the over saturation of the market. They are using the guitar hero model, and we all saw how well that turned out. I would rather have quality tiles come out years apart than see a great series bled dry by corporate greed. That's not what games are about.

Every game like ever does exactly the same thing, with every franchise. Any successful game, movie, book, or business plan will get a follow up that is pretty much the same thing, just to make more money. You're acting like the "Guitar Hero model' is new. Nintendo has been doing it with Mario for decades. Zelda. Final Fantasy.

In my opinion, FPS games as a whole are the worst. They're ALL like the same thing, packaged differently. It's like MMO's. WoW is the most successful, so everything tries to get a piece of the pie. And I find it funny you talk about Activision "ruining" a game, when Battlefield is being pimped out by EA, which has been milking games like sport franchises for years.

My stance is this. I loved MW2. It was fun. MW3 is basically the same thing as MW2. But with different features, and it looks better. I did not like Battlefield 2 from what I saw. While I do appreciate more team based play, I do not appreciate the slow pace that had come with it. It's like Black Ops. It was much calmer, and had much more balance, but it wasn't as fun. Battlefield is going to port from PC. I don't play shooters on the PC, I'm more of a console guy, and MW, imo, is the better breed of console shooters. It's personal preference, and te fact I don't want to play a game on a console that is going to just be flat out better on the PC.

The entire argument between the two games is completely ridiculous. I likely won't even be getting either game, because there's honestly better games coming out there, and despite what people might think, or see? Both games are going to be the same damn thing as the ones before them, just presented differently.

"Who would buy MW3 over BF3 too? Noobs."

Who would buy any game ever, that came out almost guaranteed as a money grab from something else? I wonder what MW4 and BF4 will be like. Probably more or less the same thing, unless a new system is out by then.

#160 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

I'm not sure why people say Battlefield is slow paced. It looks like BF3 is going to be more like BC2 than BF2... and there is nothing slow about BC2.

Posted Image

#161 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

Probably most people are used to The fast paced, mindless gameplay in COD.

Edited by ChenWei91, 03 September 2011 - 11:27 AM.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#162 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

Probably most people are used to The fast paced, mindless gameplay in COD.

It's kind of funny what kind of games people end up liking. Instead of the realism of BF3, people prefer to play COD and run around with 2 guns shooting people as fast as they can without caring about dying.

I would rather sneak around and fight as a team and try not to die. The goal would be not to die.

Don't get me wrong though, when I played COD and got bored I would run around with 2 UMP45's with Burst Fire on. :lol:
Or even run around Tac Knifing. It's amazing how many kills you would get in MW2 by just running around with the preset build that had the Tactical Knife. People running around with a knife the whole match should never be able to get the highest score.

I had the highest score almost every time when using the Tac Knife.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#163 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

It's kind of funny what kind of games people end up liking. Instead of the realism of BF3, people prefer to play COD and run around with 2 guns shooting people as fast as they can without caring about dying.

I would rather sneak around and fight as a team and try not to die. The goal would be not to die.

Dying matters more in COD actually. In COD, the more you die, the higher your opponent's killstreak gets. The team with the better killstreaks usually wins. In BF, you die, you respawn back on a squad member and continue. Your opponent doesn't gain anything by killing you. K/D is the least important stat in BF and is sadly one of the most important in COD.

Posted Image

#164 That's What She Said

That's What She Said

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

It may be on 2 discs for Xbox:

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1192548p1.html

Though I don't see why that matters.
Why not Zoidberg? (\/)(°,,,°)(\/)

#165 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

Dying matters more in COD actually. In COD, the more you die, the higher your opponent's killstreak gets. The team with the better killstreaks usually wins. In BF, you die, you respawn back on a squad member and continue. Your opponent doesn't gain anything by killing you. K/D is the least important stat in BF and is sadly one of the most important in COD.

Unless you're playing defense on Rush/Squad Rush, you get one less ticket if you get killed and respawn without resurrection. Dying maters in a very close game, which happens a lot. I've played with a few Conquest matches with very, very close scores, with the closet being 1-0. It was a thrill, needless to say.

#166 Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

It may be on 2 discs for Xbox:

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1192548p1.html

Though I don't see why that matters.

If it is, it will most likely be similar to Forza 2, where there is an install disk, and a play disk. Perfectly fine.

But come on, you're supposed to get it on PC anyways :P
EMBRACE THE HATE

#167 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,455 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

If it is, it will most likely be similar to Forza 2, where there is an install disk, and a play disk. Perfectly fine.

But come on, you're supposed to get it on PC anyways :P

PC's always the best choice, just can't keep up with the comp requirements for most games though.

#168 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,149 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

I liked BF: BC2.

I have heard rumours of a possible Dinosaur horde mode in BF3.

If these rumours prove true, I will LOVE BF3.

dontforgettolentil.png

#169 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

I liked BF: BC2.

I have heard rumours of a possible Dinosaur horde mode in BF3.

If these rumours prove true, I will LOVE BF3.

Dinosaur horde mode? That would be a great way to compete with CoD's Zombies.
In fact, I can see myself liking the Dino's way better. I rarely play Zombie Mode.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#170 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,149 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Dinosaur horde mode? That would be a great way to compete with CoD's Zombies.
In fact, I can see myself liking the Dino's way better. I rarely play Zombie Mode.

It's a long shot...but how cool would that be? Starting out with a pistol in some Cretaceous forest, then-OH HOLY BAJEEZUS A RAPTOR!!!

Find an abandoned jet plane, fly it straight at a T-Rex's gaping maw, bail with seconds remaining...that'd be so sick.

dontforgettolentil.png

#171 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

It's a long shot...but how cool would that be? Starting out with a pistol in some Cretaceous forest, then-OH HOLY BAJEEZUS A RAPTOR!!!

Find an abandoned jet plane, fly it straight at a T-Rex's gaping maw, bail with seconds remaining...that'd be so sick.

Battling a giant T-Rex flying around it in a plane. Epic.

They wouldn't need to think of new enemies...because the types of dinosaurs are endless. There's fast moving crawlers, there's slow moving giants, and everything in between.

If this rumor is fake, they should consider it.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#172 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5eLbPQt_Pk&feature=feedu

It's... It's so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edit: OMFG!!!!!!

Edited by ChenWei91, 09 September 2011 - 12:06 PM.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#173 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

^ That video was the very first video I watched after getting my new 24 inch monitor. :D

Posted Image

#174 Straight up lazy

Straight up lazy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

I need help guys.

So I am contemplating whether to buy this or MW3. I know you guys are going to say right away GET BATTLEFIELD 3!!!!!!!!!!!! Because yes I agree Battlefield three does seem like the better game.

The thing is that I am going to get one of these games for my Xbox and I have heard plenty of times that Battlefield is more of PC game.

So what should I do guys? Get Modern Warfare 3 because it is better for a console or get Battlefield 3 because it looks like a better game.

Keep in mind that I do enjoy Cod but at the moment I am looking for a more fresh experience.

#175 Illuminati

Illuminati

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

I need help guys.

So I am contemplating whether to buy this or MW3. I know you guys are going to say right away GET BATTLEFIELD 3!!!!!!!!!!!! Because yes I agree Battlefield three does seem like the better game.

The thing is that I am going to get one of these games for my Xbox and I have heard plenty of times that Battlefield is more of PC game.

So what should I do guys? Get Modern Warfare 3 because it is better for a console or get Battlefield 3 because it looks like a better game.

Keep in mind that I do enjoy Cod but at the moment I am looking for a more fresh experience.

The BETA is coming out soon, its open beta so everyone can play BF3.

Just rent both games before buying them if you are unsure, don't let these fanboys of either game steer you into buying one over the other - you can't decide which one is better until you have played both.

#176 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,455 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

If you have a PC that can take the graphics then get it. Even for console it's still gonna look good, just with smaller 24 multiplayer maps.
MW3 to me looks similar to MW2 so I'd rather wait for a price-drop before getting it

#177 Illuminati

Illuminati

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

If you have a PC that can take the graphics then get it. Even for console it's still gonna look good, just with smaller 24 multiplayer maps.
MW3 to me looks similar to MW2 so I'd rather wait for a price-drop before getting it

Maybe cause its a sequel, thats what is intended to do. Thats like me saying BFBC2 looked similar to BFBC1 well maybe thats cause it was intended to. Infinity Ward is not stupid and going to add all these new fancy features to a game and completely change the layout of the Modern Warfare series just to compete with what EA is doing with Battlefield.

Both games will be successful and you will enjoy one or the other, or both.

#178 Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

Maybe cause its a sequel, thats what is intended to do. Thats like me saying BFBC2 looked similar to BFBC1 well maybe thats cause it was intended to. Infinity Ward is not stupid and going to add all these new fancy features to a game and completely change the layout of the Modern Warfare series just to compete with what EA is doing with Battlefield.

Both games will be successful and you will enjoy one or the other, or both.

The issue is that MW never feels improved in the new iterations, it feels diluted.
EMBRACE THE HATE

#179 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,149 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5eLbPQt_Pk&feature=feedu

It's... It's so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edit: OMFG!!!!!!

...my God...

dontforgettolentil.png

#180 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

Battlefield 3 is already at 1.25million. I guess I should go pre-order...

:lol:

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.