The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TV Help

rotiman187

i am planning on getting a Samsung 46 inch LED tv. My question is that the tv is 60Hz and I have been told for watching hockey and other sports its important to get a 120hz. I just want to know if there is a big difference between the two and which one some experts on this forum would consider. Or if anyone know any other good deals for televisions that are on right now.

Thanks in Advance

i am planning on getting a Samsung 46 inch LED tv. My question is that the tv is 60Hz and I have been told for watching hockey and other sports its important to get a 120hz. I just want to know if there is a big difference between the two and which one some experts on this forum would consider. Or if anyone know any other good deals for televisions that are on right now.

Thanks in Advance

i bought a lcd 46 inch samsung 120 hz and even though i could've gotten the led version for 50 bux more i opted for lcd since the led one was 60 hz. whatever tv you get make sure its atleast 120hz, as you can tell from previous posts, it may make a difference and it sure would suck bringing the tv back after unpacking it.

EDIT: this is the tv i bought on boxing day for 749... http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/LN46C610N1FXZA

• 8 months later...

hey guys thought id bump this thread instead of making a new one, My parents just got a new T.V and was wondering if they chose a good quality one, here is the link for the tv they bought looks to be a good buy but is sharp one of the better brands for watching sports. Cheerstowel.gif

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=LC60LE632&navAction=jump&navCount=2

• 9 months later...

Hey guys Im investing in a TV and was thinking of getting a plasma TV and I wanted to know from people who have had plasmas before if they are any good. The TV I plan on getting is a Panasonic 50 inch but the thing is its only 720p.. not to sure if its a drastic change from 1080p however Iv been trying to find research on the TV I was planning on getting but couldn't find one review which I think is a bad sign.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/panasonic-panasonic-viera-50-720p-600hz-plasma-hdtv-tcp50x5-tcp50x5/10198951.aspx

would appreciate the help :)

I would recommend not buying a Plasma. LCD/LED is much better compared to the two, I know because we used to have a plasma.

Plasma screen is much dimmer and sometimes the screen gets kind of weird like random spots, no problems with LED/LCD TV.

I didn't say it had a bad quality picture, I just said it was dimmer compared to LCD/LED. I just had a bad experience with the plasma that I had.

The picture quality wasn't bad, there was something wrong with the TV. It only lasted a year and a half, but Sony LCD has been working great for the past 6 years.

Archived