#153 Beccas

Beccas

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Alright, I've calmed down now.
Good on the Aussie boys for winning the Ashes, some fantastic cricket to watch.
Gotta feel for Cook though, so many saying he not a good enough captain. I don't see anybody else on the team ready to take up the roll.
Pup on the other hand, so stoked, he deserves this.

#154 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

This may sound like a stupid question, how's Canada on the international stage?

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#155 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:40 AM

Gotta feel for Cook though, so many saying he not a good enough captain. I don't see anybody else on the team ready to take up the roll.

As a lifelong Essex fan, and England fan, I have never wanted Cook as captain. He's the best batsman England have had for 40 years, and they've forced responsibility onto him. Big mistake.

Problem is, there is no-one else to choose from. For me it should always be a bowler - they know what they're doing when setting fields and changing bowler. But unless you give it to Broad, there is no-one to take it from Cook.

My fear is that his batting, which for so long has had him on track for hall-of-fame figures, will never recover. England need a new leader to allow Cook to do what he does best - win series single-handedly.

#156 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

This may sound like a stupid question, how's Canada on the international stage?

Non existent.

Sig too big. 

#157 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Non existent.

First World Cup qualifying game tomorrow I believe - not sure how Canada are for quality these days, but if they can't escape that pitiful group, then there is little hope for the game.

I will always regret not leaving England when I finished uni and coming over to Canada. I was offered a place in the Montreal second XI, a job and accommodation...turned it down like a fool. I'd have been in that first XI and in the international side so quickly too.

#158 Beccas

Beccas

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Problem is, there is no-one else to choose from. For me it should always be a bowler - they know what they're doing when setting fields and changing bowler. But unless you give it to Broad, there is no-one to take it from Cook.

Broad wouldn't be a bad choice if that's what they want to do.
You've got some good younger players coming through, so maybe in several years time there will be a lot of options.
But right now, Cook really needs that confidence boosting win that nearly happened last night. Was actually hoping for that result, it would do the Aussies good to loose. I don't know if it's that they get full of themselves, but the media over here certainly do.

#159 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,610 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Congratulations to the Kolkata Knight Riders: IPL Champions for 2014. Good finish although I wanted Punjab to win.

307mg00.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.