The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cricket

He-Man

aha yeah buddy!

Zimbabwe and Australia starting up soon, hopefully zimbabwe can have a upset victory, id be so happy!

ever since 99, ive been so bitter at australia

this times Ashes was great :P

Canada is really missing out on agreat sport in cricket, should be more popular, but there are many misconceptions about it here ive noticed.

ps- does anybody play here in BCMCL or just for fun?

BCMCL - The British Columbia Mainland Cricket League feature on Telus TV

BCMCL itself has 75 teams

Canada has an active Men's and Women's National Team

They are not in the elite level yet also known as Test Level ( the 5 Day version)

My uncles have two teams :)

And yeah! I'm watching the World Cup! Pakistan all the way!

Rehman and Shoaib in

interesting, hopefully shoaib can silence his critics, cause pretty sure hes on the outside looking in at this point, he needs a good showing to play in a game with more on the line

Rehman and Ajmal, both are alright, but dunno if any of them are even required. Afridi and Hafeez have both bowled pretty well lately, but they could come in handy too

and i dunno about the Younis and Misbah split, i liked them both together, especially during struggles, they both can really steady the team

and im surprised at the safe start the openers decided, not like sehwag aha

aha yeah buddy!

Zimbabwe and Australia starting up soon, hopefully zimbabwe can have a upset victory, id be so happy!

ever since 99, ive been so bitter at australia

this times Ashes was great :P

Canada is really missing out on agreat sport in cricket, should be more popular, but there are many misconceptions about it here ive noticed.

ps- does anybody play here in BCMCL or just for fun?

Canada doesn't have many supporters because there's a lack of identification with the sport.

Rarely anyone growing up in Canada has ever played cricket, and though it looks fun, people understand basketball, soccer, and hockey better. Heck, there are some baseball fans here too.

Cricket is basically like baseball.

Canada has a lack of development in sports like soccer. There's even less for cricket.

No exposure to the sport + no development programs = no interest.

cricket is growing. It's taking baby steps

Was Glad to see picutred with a quarter page report about Canada game in the province newspaper

And all those interested in seeing a development of the game get involved. E.g www.bcmcl.ca

There's already a pool of thousands of serious cricketers on BC who spend whole summer playing competitive cricket. There's history, there's oppurtunity, there's organized structure, there's fun.

cricket is growing. It's taking baby steps

Was Glad to see picutred with a quarter page report about Canada game in the province newspaper

And all those interested in seeing a development of the game get involved. E.g www.bcmcl.ca

There's already a pool of thousands of serious cricketers on BC who spend whole summer playing competitive cricket. There's history, there's oppurtunity, there's organized structure, there's fun.

Unless immigration from India increases 10 fold, it will not become a notable sport. People in Canada have a hard enough time dealing with the dryness of Baseball, they will not be sitting down to watch a 7 hour cricket match any time soon.

Pakistan won today! Watched the entire match. Boy was it a close one. Afridi is absolutely insane. 9 wickets so far in the World Cup. Pure domination! Sri Lanka played extremely well. Looking forward to Pakistan vs Canada! March 3rd :P

afridi looked like a man on mission early on

The commentators said he is over captainibg the bowlers

I didn't catch the rest of the match after Sri lanka got a good start. I was expecting for them to finish it easily in the end but. Losing 4 wickets for 20 runs is like shooting yourself in the foot

Big game tonight India Vs England