The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Earthquake?

Madness

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few thousand deaths in the random footage already being televised. While I wish you were correct. It would appear you are not.

Easly... the footage they have been showing has shown a lot of people being swept away sadly..

Aside from the immeasurable human toll......I can't imagine how much this would cost the Japanese to clean up or fix, for lack of better words....are we're talking about hundreds of billions or perhaps a trillion? I'd say it's a safe bet. There are so many cities just wrecked.

Aside from the immeasurable human toll......I can't imagine how much this would cost the Japanese to clean up or fix, for lack of better words....are we're talking about hundreds of billions or perhaps a trillion? I'd say it's a safe bet. There are so many cities just wrecked.

Kobe 1996 caused 10T yen of damage; keep in mind this was '96 numbers.

This one will be much much much more. Not only in infrastructure, but agriculture

2011 March 10: A magnitude 8.9 earthquake occurred offshore northern Japan. A tsunami warning is in effect for most areas of the eastern and central Pacific. There is NO tsunami warning for the west coast of Canada. More information at the US Geological Survey.

http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca/index-eng.php

It's not coming here (as of now)

• Upvote 1