The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Earthquake?

Madness

I felt it. everyone around me just thought they were dizzy. hahahaha.i did too. pretty wimpy strength (at least where i am). north vancouver island. only for a few seconds.

the last time we had an earthquake around here we had a wimpy feeling one like this and then a much stronger one 4 days later in almost the exact same spot. i wonder what will happen now.

NIBIRU! 2012. it's happening! frantics.gif

edit: just realized the person below me's wife felt it in s. burnaby. that's a pretty wide area for it be felt. When the Big One hits all hell is going to break loose.

This is our warning. Get prepared. Im gonna start wwearing a full-time helmet/jetpack. :P

Edited by The Brahma Bull

Are you underwater yet? ;)

There is a guy at my work who moved from the philippines in 04, and last week i was talking to him how here in school they all told us to be ready for "the big one" and had earthquake drills etc. He didn't believe me, we got in to an argument, he refused to believe we had earthquakes here. I'm not at work today.. and I hope he's scared crapless now, especially since I told him richmond would be under water... he lives there. :emot-parrot:

Edited by Mr.Habitat

Sounds like the plate beneath us has been grumpier than usual, lots of fairly big quakes along it. Better a bunch of moderate ones than a couple really huge ones though, right?

Pre cursor? 6.7 is bigger than we're used to here.. and the reason it was a bit minimal was because it was so deep underground.

Who knows.. maybe we're being set up for the biggy.

Okay time to head over to Krasicki & Ward to stock up for the next big one...

3-Person-72-Hour-Survival-Kit.jpg

Krasicki & Ward Earthquake Experts

We are a leading company located in Vancouver, British Columbia, specializing in Earthquake Supplies, First Aid, Industrial Supplies as well as Custom Made Vests. Our own superior quality vests are made right here in Canada. You design it, we make it!

http://www.krasickiandward.com/about.html

City of Vancouver Emergency Preparedness Program recommendations for a Disaster Supply Kit:

http://vancouver.ca/emerg/prepyourself/supplykit.htm

Edited by Wetcoaster

Felt it pretty good downtown Nanaimo in my condo, my son was scared so bad he jumped on me and dug his nails into my neck, the pictures on our walls we're shaking, no damage though. Have been down to the gas station and some say they didn't even notice it.

My mother called me right after and said she literally got bounced around her seat at work a couple times, and shes in Duncan, about 30 minutes south of Nanaimo.