The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Earthquake?

Madness

53 minutes ago, oldnews said:

That was close.  Like a bomb went off in front of our house.  

And then a few seconds later the shifting back and forth - for a half a minute.  Like turbulence in an airplane.

Surreal.  

The biggest, closest one I've ever felt in decades here.

My son and I went running outside thinking a bomb went off like you said, loud and house shook. It was over like that tho. 5 seconds max. TBH an earthquake didn't even come to mind because they are rare. Thankfully our neighbour came outside in less then 15 seconds yelling to us it was an earthquake. 

Just now, Outsiders said:

My son and I went running outside thinking a bomb went off like you said, loud and house shook. It was over like that tho. 5 seconds max. TBH an earthquake didn't even come to mind because they are rare. Thankfully our neighbour came outside in less then 15 seconds yelling to us it was an earthquake. 

A bomb would be even more rare. Never even considered that possibility. The first thing I thought of when I felt the short shake was definitely earthquake.

8 minutes ago, trek said:

A bomb would be even more rare. Never even considered that possibility. The first thing I thought of when I felt the short shake was definitely earthquake.

My house didn't shake it like felt like it dropped a foot on the end of the house i was standing at. Then a loud bang i can't describe... Then it was over

4.7 magnitude Earthquake strikes just off the coast of Vancouver at 1140 pm Dec 29th.

Biggest quake in these parts in almost 20 years.

Where were you and what u feel ?

some people slept right thru it, not us. at home, about to go to bed, just finished a puff and BAAAAAAAAM !!!

Vancouver - Main and Broadway- 3 story APT, shook like hell, building felt like it was being run into by a locomotive , thankfully only last 5 -7 seconds,

never thought earthquakes would be loud for some reason.

Really doubt anyone got hurt but holy, that was intense.

When the Big One hits here i don't wanna be around thats for sure.

Edited by Positive Canuck
  • Upvote 1

When i felt it we werent sure if it was a real earthquake. Weird how the first place i felt an earthquake i just happened to be in richmond for the first time in ages. Worst place to be. It was pretty scary though. Makes you realize how unprepared we are.