The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Earthquake?

Madness

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What would you do if you're in the shower or on the toilet during the Big One?

Take advantage of having one's pants down already and head-between-kneeds kiss one's butt goodbye :)

Edited by trek
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Neversummer said:

That was a wake up call.  Hopefully it scared the Chinese investors and housing prices drop.

If the housing prices drop due to the big one, they will just buy even more at a cheaper rate. haha

The scariest thing about the big one is that we'll have thousands of aftershocks afterwards. Some will have ptsd, some won't be able to sleep. It's going to suck.

Edited by The Weasel

I was at my aunt's house yesterday in White Rock and all of us didn't feel a single thing...My brother called me and he asked me if I was okay, and asked if I felt an earthquake. I said no, I originally thought he was joking. Then everyone started calling me and then I checked Twitter and Facebook, turned out to be true. So scary though. Reminded me of The Big One. I live in Ladner, so I'm totally screwed over...

Question: 

Because of yesterday, will this urgue you to buy an earthquake kit? 

40 minutes ago, Apricot said:

I was at my aunt's house yesterday in White Rock and all of us didn't feel a single thing...My brother called me and he asked me if I was okay, and asked if I felt an earthquake. I said no, I originally thought he was joking. Then everyone started calling me and then I checked Twitter and Facebook, turned out to be true. So scary though. Reminded me of The Big One. I live in Ladner, so I'm totally screwed over...

Question: 

Because of yesterday, will this urgue you to buy an earthquake kit? 

Already have one, got it years ago, just check that everything is up to date annually. Preparation is key and the mindset of needing your own supplies and know how for longer than 72 hours is important.

Was working at an Eng school here in Osaka, & another teacher(from Chicago) had a pretty funny tale. He & his wife were at the airport, having arrived just 10 minutes prior, & they experienced their first quake! Not a major one..but what a welcome to a new country!

The staff room had a good laugh over that anecdote...

15 hours ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

This quake was totally a conspiracy too sell more of those.

Funny, but check this out from one supplier:

As I'm sure you all can imagine we are currently experiencing ridiculously higher than normal order/inquiry volume! Please be advised that our delivery window is now 3-6 weeks as opposed to our typical within 72 hours. This is because we need to replenish our inventory with our suppliers. For orders already placed, we will do our very best to deliver them within 2 weeks, but we will contact everyone individually to discuss their order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited by Grapefruits

I know the guy that runs the earthquake kits company, hes been swamped with calls and emails since last night at midnights. 

People are overblowing the whole thing, but i guess we gotta talk about something lol

Felt it here in Maple Ridge

1 hour ago, LordCanuck said:

I know the guy that runs the earthquake kits company, hes been swamped with calls and emails since last night at midnights. 

People are overblowing the whole thing, but i guess we gotta talk about something lol

Felt it here in Maple Ridge

Yeah they are, but if it finally gets people to prepare a little, so be it.

Everyone should have some sort of kit handy.

I've got 4 month's supply of food, a gravity water filter, a manual laundry, a portable pump shower, a portable solar array, etc etc.

If disaster strikes I'll hopefully be able to spend most of my time busily "recieving donations" from crooked local businesses instead of flailing around awaiting outside help.