Sign in to follow this  
Madness

OMG Earthquake?

7 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Fukushima radiation. As expected. 

That definitely can't be discounted as , soil, water , seaweed , fish were all tested for Cesium 137 which all showed up in alarming numbers.  Many past measurements of same tests were negative  Federal Government increased overall allowable amounts of radioactive iodides in canadas drinking water basically overnight last year with out even mentioning it publicly as well stop measuring radiation levels along the Pacific coast at or near that same time

Edited by chilliwiggins

7 hours ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Do you have the weapons to protect all of that?  

I  have a board with a nail through it, a rusty nail!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

That definitely can't be discounted as , soil, water , seaweed , fish were all tested for Cesium 137 which all showed up in alarming numbers.  Many past measurements of same tests were negative  Federal Government increased overall allowable amounts of radioactive iodides in canadas drinking water basically overnight last year with out even mentioning it publicly as well stop measuring radiation levels along the Pacific coast at or near that same time

I'd like to know if the un-muzzling of Canada's scientists will have new information begin to trickle out over the next little while. I think it's laughable that the response of our Government was to raise the allowable toxicity limits, but I have asked myself on numerous occasions what it is I would have expected them to do. I didn't get an answer. 

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I'd like to know if the un-muzzling of Canada's scientists will have new information begin to trickle out over the next little while. I think it's laughable that the response of our Government was to raise the allowable toxicity limits, but I have asked myself on numerous occasions what it is I would have expected them to do. I didn't get an answer. 

I think to a degree some evidence and info would be released but don't expect much.   I have in the last 6 months have had some talks with people in the know and many do feel they are in fact unmuzzled.        but it is a dead zone when you walk through government facilitys that do this work.     was in a meeting on Friday where the gov. staff readily admitted to this kind of stuff.   to much in their own inbox to we are still figuring out whose responsible for what.  and on and on

2 Canadians among 238 Ecuador earthquake victims:

Two Canadians from Quebec have died in a magnitude-7.8 earthquake that killed more than 200 in Ecuador, Global Affairs Canada confirmed on Sunday.

The department has not released any other information regarding the identity of the victims, but said it is offering its support to their families.

The quake, which struck Saturday night, was the strongest to hit Ecuador in nearly three decades. It was centred about 170 kilometres northwest of Quito, the capital.

A man walks amid the debris of buildings destroyed by an earthquake in Pedernales, Ecuador, Sunday, April 17, 2016. (AP / Dolores Ochoa)

Foreign Affairs Minister Stephane Dion issued a statement on Sunday, extending his “deepest condolences to the families, friends and loved ones of the victims” on behalf of the Canadian government.

“I am saddened to learn of the tragic loss of life stemming from Saturday’s devastating earthquake near the central coast of Ecuador, which has already cost the lives of at least 235, including two Canadians,” the statement said.

Dion said officials at the Canadian Embassy in Quito are reaching out to Canadian citizens known to be in the country.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also responded to the crisis, taking to social media to offer his support.

“The scope of the devastation in Ecuador is shocking,” the prime minister tweeted. “My condolences to the families of those who lost their lives, including 2 Canadians.”

Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa said in a tweet that at least 233 people had died in the quake. Rescue workers are still trying to reach survivors trapped in the rubble. Officials earlier reported that 580 people had been injured.

Correa, who flew back from Rome to deal with the crisis, has declared a national emergency. Ecuador’s Vice-President Jorge Glas Glas said 10,000 armed forces and 4,600 national police have been deployed to help.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/two-quebecers-killed-in-ecuador-earthquake-global-affairs-canada-1.2862684

38 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

mother  nature be like respect me, Humans be like nah we going to frack $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

conclusion - don't screw around with mother nature, but we humans do.

The dinosaurs didn't mess with the old grand lady, yet they were wiped out?  Read "The Mote In God's Eye".  Our destruction is inevitable.  Just so long as our Favorite team wins a Cup before the end.  Hell, maybe the end will come during our Cup parade?  

• Upvote 1

Unprecedented level of large earthquakes this week

Unprecedented number of current volcanic eruptions currently happening 

http://www.infowars.com/5-major-earthquakes-in-48-hours-as-a-seismologist-warns-catastrophic-mega-earthquakes-are-coming/

I'm not an alarmist by any means.  But if you live near the coast.  Keep a kit handy

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

http://www.infowars.com/5-major-earthquakes-in-48-hours-as-a-seismologist-warns-catastrophic-mega-earthquakes-are-coming/

I'm not an alarmist by any means.  But if you live near the coast.  Keep a kit handy

Sold by Alex Jones?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Any sentence that starts with 'I'm not a ____, but...' means you are exactly that lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, inane said:

And I actually just clicked on that link and LOL

You find news of people dying from earthquakes funny and amusing?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, CanadianLoonie said:

You find news of people dying from earthquakes funny and amusing?

Yes, you've totally accurately and succinctly captured my position on this topic. Congrats! 

4 Canadians now confirmed dead in Ecuador earthquake:

International Development Minister Marie-Claude Bibeau says that four Canadians are confirmed dead as a result of Saturday's earthquake in Ecuador.

Montrealer Jennifer Mawn and her 12-year-old son Arthur Laflamme had earlier been identified among the dead. The identities of the other two Canadians killed have not been released, as consular officials work to locate their family members.

Over 400 people were killed and more than 2,500 injured in the 7.8 magnitude earthquake along the country's Pacific coast. Casualty figures are still rising as emergency teams search for missing people.

Speaking to reporters before question period Tuesday, the minister said that Canada will be giving $100 million to humanitarian organizations working in the region to address basic needs.

Bibeau said a small team of three people from Global Affairs Canada and three people from the Defence Department are travelling to Ecuador to assess what the country needs and make recommendations on the best way for Canada to help.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bibeau-ecuador-earthquake-canadians-aid-1.3543250

A 5.2 magnitude just happened in Cali. Slightly unnerving...

13 minutes ago, Pears said:

A 5.2 magnitude just happened in Cali. Slightly unnerving...

How come? Hundreds if not thousands of earth quakes happen every year. 

At least a couple dozen on the west coast. 

I never knew about it.  It wasn't mentioned on the radio during my drive to work this morning.  Probably not a bad location for it, since it is not nearly as populated that far inland.

Checking online, it didn't sound like there was anyone hurt or any real damage done.  Another day in the life here in California?

It can be a weird feeling though.  I was staying in one of the Disney hotels here about 15 years ago, and there was a quake just as we were about to go to bed.  We were on the top floor, and feeling the whole building sway for a minute or two was an interesting experience.  We took about an hour to settle down after that. 

3's and 4's are no big deal now that I have experienced a number of them here.  5's can make things interesting, but likely still small enough so that it does little more than rattle some nerves.  It was kinda funny one time while I was working in Tokyo, with a handful of US employees scattered from West to East coasts, and there was a quake.  The Japanese and us Californians barely noticed it (might have been in the mid-3's), but the New Yorkers were freaking a bit.  It's all what you are sued to, I suppose.

If the big one happens here.. would it be the same as like the walking dead where people will kill each other for supplies and food, or is that only for world wide disasters?

26 minutes ago, Diamond NHL said:

If the big one happens here.. would it be the same as like the walking dead where people will kill each other for supplies and food, or is that only for world wide disasters?

I doubt it would be like Fukushima where the Japanese were lining up to pay for supplies with cash at the supermarket (without power).