The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Earthquake?

Madness

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Anyone who lives a bit south east of Vancouver feel it?

Youtube channel(someone named Mary Greeley?) has a report linking the quake to Yellowstone's recent rockin' & rollin'. Seems she's one of these "earthquake-experts".

Better hope that baby don't blow.

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Youtube channel(someone named Mary Greeley?) has a report linking the quake to Yellowstone's recent rockin' & rollin'. Seems she's one of these "earthquake-experts".

Better hope that baby don't blow.

Wow.. I just watched one of her videos. I don't know what's more stupid, her videos, or the comments from the bible thumping right wingers claiming the government is sacrificing everybody. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow... I saw some videos on facebook and instagram... I have quite a few mexican friends and this is absolutely horrible :(

Watching buildings collapse with people in them... 

Makes you even more worried living in Vancouver. 

On 9/20/2017 at 0:14 PM, Canada Hockey Place said:

6.1 earthquake off the coast of Japan, again. I hope it's tame. 

Pacific ring of fire is really active lately. 

800px-Pacific_Ring_of_Fire.svg.png

Apparently 2 more in Mexico this weekend ... man I really hope we aren't next... ring of fire has been way too active for comfort.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/americas/mexico-oaxaca-earthquake/index.html
2 new quakes shake southern Mexico, already coping with disasters - Updated 8:24 AM ET, Sun September 24, 2017

• 1 month later...

A magnitude 7.3 earthquake has hit near the Iraqi city of Halabja close to the Iraq-Iran border, according the US Geological Survey. The temblor, centered about 350 kilometers (217 miles) north of Baghdad, was felt throughout Iraq, USGS said. The extent of any damage was not immediately available. Iraq's Meteorological Organization issued a warning on Iraqi State TV urging citizens to stay away from buildings and to refrain from using elevators. Shocks were felt in Iran, Pakistan, Lebanon, Kuwait and Turkey, news agencies in those countries reported.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/12/middleeast/iraq-earthquake/index.html

• 2 months later...