Sign in to follow this  
Madness

OMG Earthquake?

On 9/20/2017 at 0:14 PM, Canada Hockey Place said:

6.1 earthquake off the coast of Japan, again. I hope it's tame. 

Pacific ring of fire is really active lately. 

800px-Pacific_Ring_of_Fire.svg.png

Apparently 2 more in Mexico this weekend ... man I really hope we aren't next... ring of fire has been way too active for comfort.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/americas/mexico-oaxaca-earthquake/index.html
2 new quakes shake southern Mexico, already coping with disasters - Updated 8:24 AM ET, Sun September 24, 2017

A magnitude 7.3 earthquake has hit near the Iraqi city of Halabja close to the Iraq-Iran border, according the US Geological Survey. The temblor, centered about 350 kilometers (217 miles) north of Baghdad, was felt throughout Iraq, USGS said. The extent of any damage was not immediately available. Iraq's Meteorological Organization issued a warning on Iraqi State TV urging citizens to stay away from buildings and to refrain from using elevators. Shocks were felt in Iran, Pakistan, Lebanon, Kuwait and Turkey, news agencies in those countries reported.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/12/middleeast/iraq-earthquake/index.html

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s a nasty quake.  God, those people have enough troubles without adding an earthquake.  

When it rains, it pours.

31 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

When it rains, it pours.

Sunday morning, man, she woke up fighting mad,
Bitching and moaning on and on 'bout the time I had...

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

A good wakeup call for us, BC residents, about the 'big one' that could hit anytime soon. 

1:32am

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

A good wakeup call:

Had a rough sleep last night. House sitting at my sisters amazing waterfront home on the island. Man, the wind was just howling and the whitecaps were choppin away.

Even had my niece contact me at 3:30am asking if I should go to her house on higher ground....kinda freaky!

Deep earthquakes lead to other large earthquakes. This one is huge.

• Hydration 1

On ‎2018‎年‎8‎月‎19‎日 at 11:49 AM, RWMc1 said:

Deep earthquakes lead to other large earthquakes. This one is huge.

Glad you've highlighted Dutchsinse's youtube site. This bloke's brilliant(very informative)..perhaps controversial in methodology(?..hard to say); but appears to me, quite the pioneer in the science of earthquake forecasting.

Today he has a feature on the Venezuela 7.3 quake.

LOTS of Pacific Rim activity recently folks..50+ quakes of 4.5, + over a wk or so. Best to keep a bug-out bag(tasty vittles, H2O) stored in a handy place.

• Upvote 1

Another big deep earthquake; this time in Peru. Potential for big quakes along or near the West Coast of North and South America.

Another huge deep quake will bring more earthquakes. Warn people if you know anyone in that region or even along the west coast of the Americas.

That report was right, there was that massive quake in Indonesia. I’ve never been more sure to go out and get an earthquake kit then I do now. These next coming weeks and possibly months will be interesting to see how accurate this becomes. Stay safe people. 

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

We had three off the coast last night.  Between 6.5-6.8...aftershocks are still occurring.   :(

Apparently, the number has now risen to seven earthquakes since last night with some small ones this morning.

Just had a quick shake/shift here Monday morn in Japan. 3 days back(Fri aft) had a bigger one, here in the Kansai area.

Gettin ancy...