Sign in to follow this  
Madness

OMG Earthquake?

Lots of people reporting it here in Victoria, but I never noticed it.  Maybe it happened while I was driving.  Lots of potholes in the neighbourhood.  :)

Posted (edited)

Not sure what time it is there in Japan @samurai but there was a very large earthquake close by.

There have been a lot of quakes around the world lately.

Edited by redhdlois

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

Not sure what time it is there in Japan @samurai but there was a very large earthquake close by.

There have been a lot of quakes around the world lately.

That is big, seeing it now, close to the North of Japan.  Didn't feel it in Tokyo, but mag of 1 in the North.  Perhaps a deep one.  The 2011 one was 9.0 but the killer was the Tsunami.  The actual earthquake did minimal damage.  I was close to the epicenter of a 8.0  in 99- I will not lie it was scary.  Things start shaking and you are waiting for it to stop but then it keeps getting worse and worse and a  second is like a minute.  People just stand there cause they go into shock and you forget what you are supposed to do - I was one of those people - deer in the headlights. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Asteroids whizzing by earth, pandemics, collapsing world economy... A massive earthquake would fit right in.

FU 2020 :mad:

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2020 at 8:54 AM, aGENT said:

Asteroids whizzing by earth, pandemics, collapsing world economy... A massive earthquake would fit right in.

FU 2020 :mad:

The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is predicted to be more active than usual, according to an outlook released Thursday by the Colorado State University Tropical Meteorology Project.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2020-04-01-2020-atlantic-hurricane-season-april-outlook

• Haha 1