Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHL rocks

[Report] Schneider for young Power Forward

866 posts in this topic

Ian MacIntyre reports that Gillis was offered a power forward for Schneider at the trade deadline. He said Gillis turned the deal down.

I read in other blogs that apparently Gillis did not want to mess with the chemistry of the team at this time and the deal may be revisited in the summer. I am unable to find a Gillis interview where I can confirm that Gillis actually said those things.

Who do you think this "young power forward with impact potential" is?

Edit link added

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canucks+puck+stops+here/4425515/story.html

"He said he turned the deal down"... Really..?

Kinda why it didn't happen?

In all seriousness, I would take Gillis' side on this.

Nothing is better then great offense already, and a phenomenal back-up goalie.

the only power forward i would even consider trading Schneider for right now is Milan Lucic :frantic:... but i guess we all know how thats impossible :P

Good. I'd rather have him until the very end where he can continue to prove himself which will make is value climb.

My speculation is it was Tomas Fleischmann and Craig Anderson

Colorado did make a move for a goalie, and gave a future UFA in return.

Colorado surely make an offer for schneider before they get Eliott.

So it make lot of sense.

Would you have done it ?

BTW i think you are dreaming if you think about Voracek or Kassian, Gillis wouldnt had walk away from these

As a montreal fan, i would consider giving carey price for voracek..Then sign one of the dozen solid UFA goalie this summer.

Does people still think we got rapped in the halak trade ? one blogger on hockeybuzz told after 10 game into the season that it was on of the most lopsided deal in the NHL history! (well, the comment didnt agreed with him!). I always tought we win this one as St-louis could have signed any UFA goalie this summer, get as good goaltending as halak, and keep eller, who play very well lately.

My speculation is it was Tomas Fleischmann and Craig Anderson

Colorado did make a move for a goalie, and gave a future UFA in return.

Colorado surely make an offer for schneider before they get Eliott.

So it make lot of sense.

Would you have done it ?

BTW i think you are dreaming if you think about Voracek or Kassian, Gillis wouldnt had walk away from these

As a montreal fan, i would consider giving carey price for voracek..Then sign one of the dozen solid UFA goalie this summer.

Does people still think we got rapped in the halak trade ? one blogger told after 10 game into the season that it was on of the most lopsided deal in the NHL history! (well, the comment didnt agreed with him!)

Well, im trying to find an offer than make sense, maybe hedjuk? even if he is not young.

Remember that we got Eller for Halak. After an incredible season as #01 and playoff by him.

so we have to think about a lot less impact player than eller! or a future UFA.

And remember...Gillis walked away while it make ton of sense to trade schneider since a long time.. so it surely wasnt an incredible offer!

The last time a player was ewwed, on the back of his jersey it said Lucic. My bet is it was Penner.

Obviously chris stewart and craig anderson for scheneider and something. I wouldnt have done it either this year we are to good but man would that have been tempting

Not really. Halak had ONE good playoffs and suddenly he's among the elite?

He and Price were alternating starts pretty much the whole season.

People need to realize that.