#721 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Zack Kassian?

R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#722 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:10 AM

If you are a GM this summer looking for a #01, which one of these two option would you consider? :

1: Give Two first round + something (as you propose) to acquire Schneider (25yo, 30gp in the NHL), having him at 900 000$ for one season. Then having his right for another season (he is UFA elligible summer 2013)

2: Give Theodore (34yo), a former #01 (6 season as #01), Vezina and Hart winner with 575gp experience a 2 season 1 200 000$ contract (a raise form this year). Without giving any asset in return.

Well, we will have an anwser this summer. Will Schneider be traded before Theodore sign? In fact every UFA goalie signing will mean that the GM thought signing a UFA was a better option than acquire Schneider.

I called it!!! Some of you thought it was an ridicule idea but An Actual GM did exactly as i suggested! (Theodore sign in Florida with guarantee to be #01)

We can take note that The flyers, Phoenix and Tampa choose other option than Schneider as well.

Colorado choose Varlamov,, 2 years younger and twice more GP than Schneider.

Vokoun, Giguere, Budaj, Turco, Hedberg, Leclaire, Conklyn, Boucher, Auld are still up for grab.

Nabokov is still up there.

Look like Schneider wont be traded this summer.

Edited by palindrom, 01 July 2011 - 11:17 AM.

Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

#723 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

So nothing is happening ?

Should Vancouver had accepted this young power forward to help them win the cup?

If there is no team willing to give a lot for schneider, Should Vancouver keep Schneider until UFA ?

Or trade him at the right time to the highest bidder ?

If you could had make the same move WAS did: trade Schneider for Colorado 1st + 2nd next year and Sign Vokoun for a cheap one year contract, Would you do it?

Edited by palindrom, 01 August 2011 - 11:58 PM.

Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

#724 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:02 AM

nothing is happening because gillis hasnt and wont shop schneider until at least the draft next year, and has said would only consider moving him if the offer was out of this world

and im of the opinion that you dont trade schneider unless you get at least a fair deal. at least so long as he doesnt get frustrated playing second fiddle. but who knows, maybe they come in next year and give him 30-35 games and some playoff games and hes happy to stay to be part of a winning organization and the team that drafted him.

#725 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

So nothing is happening ?

Should Vancouver had accepted this young power forward to help them win the cup?

If there is no team willing to give a lot for schneider, Should Vancouver keep Schneider until UFA ?

Or trade him at the right time to the highest bidder ?

If you could had make the same move WAS did: trade Schneider for Colorado 1st + 2nd next year and Sign Vokoun for a cheap one year contract, Would you do it?

and yes i would make that trade assuming vokoun signed in vancouver, but i dont think he would

#726 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'd rather keep Schneids for now, as nice as it would be to have a good young power forward. Next year he's going to get a lot more games and possibly even scheduled starts in the postseason too.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#727 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

I'd rather keep Schneids for now, as nice as it would be to have a good young power forward. Next year he's going to get a lot more games and possibly even scheduled starts in the postseason too.

Would be nice to give Schneider one game per round... to keep Luongo focused and fresh.

#728 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Any chance of getting Chris Stwart?

#729 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

Any chance of getting Chris Stwart?

nope

#730 Melbourne Canuck

Melbourne Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

I would love to get Chris Stewart! It seems to me as though Colorado got very little for him in the first place. We should've been trying to get in on that deal IMO although Colorado probably didn't want to deal with us as a divisional rival. I think Stewart could be the player that helps us get over the top. Just my opinion.

#731 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

st. louis has halak and therefore no reason to trade for schneider.

furthermore, when all is said and done i personally believe erik johnson will have a larger impact than chris stewart, and as they say, whoever gets the best player wins the trade.

#732 Melbourne Canuck

Melbourne Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Agree tas. STL won't trade for Schneider because of Halak, it wouldn't make sense for them to do so. I really don't know what else we would have that would interest them in a trade. I feel the opportunity was last season when the Avs traded Stewart for not much, then traded picks away for Varlamov in the off season. I'm certain that Schneider is better than Varlamov and a trade involving Stewart and Schneider would've benefited both teams although MG probably wanted insurance in case anything happened (injury wise) to Luongo before or during the playoffs. I like Johnson too, would definitely add an edge to our team but to me, it seems our only real bargaining chip seems to be Schneider.

#733 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

I was all in when hearing about Schneider possibly being traded for a top-six forward, a new winger for Kesler. However, if you think about it, we have other movable assets for a decent winger instead of going for a big name winger that would cost us a lot more. I don't see Gillis trading away the future core like Hodgson, Schroeder, and our young D prospects.

If you think about it, Gillis has mentioned that he'd like to keep Schneider around and sounded like he'd want him to stay here his whole career. After Luongo performance in some of the games this playoffs, I think we should keep Schneider for safety. What if Luongo totally collapses this coming season, and we already traded Schneider. At that point, we'd probably have to trade away valuable assets and maybe one of our core players to get another legitimate goaltender. I have nothing against Luongo, I'm just thinking the worst possible situation. If we keep Schneider and Luongo collapses, we'll then have to find a way to unload Luongo's contract, and we can then keep Schneider as a long-term starter.

I say KEEP SCHNEIDER at least until the trade deadline and see what situation we are in. We could be in a situation where Luongo's having a meltdown or he's playing terrific. We'll just have to wait and see, in the mean time ..keep Schneider, we're not even that desperate for a top-six as of now, in the playoffs we were because we were missing Samuelsson, Malhotra, and Raymond. If they were all healthy, the playoffs would of been a different story. We should just see how the team performs in the first half of the season, and if there are changes that need to be done, we can adjust them at the deadline. Unless there's a deal that drastically improves us now, then I'm all in for it.

#734 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:16 AM

Supposedly I read at the deadline that the deal on place was Schneider and Raymond for Stewart and Anderson, but MG didn't want to mess with our chemistry so he was going to wait for the offseason but obviously Colorado didn't want to and sent them to St Louis

#735 Melbourne Canuck

Melbourne Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

Wow! If true mpt, that is a pretty good deal for the Canucks IMO. Guess we'll never know what might have been...

#736 BoKnowsHockey

BoKnowsHockey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

St. Louis has Halak, and Allen and Bishop coming up. Also Elliot.

Teams that need a goalie (Or in the next couple of years), (Powerforwards on the team are after the team name)

New Jersey - Zubrus, Clarkson

Tampa Bay - Malone, Downie

(Columbus might want one) - Nash (Not gonna happen), Umberger

Oilers - Ryan Jones?

New York Islanders - Kyle Okposo

Ottawa - Michelak, Neil

Phoenix - Doan

Toronto - Kulemin, Lupul, Armstrong (Can you consider these guys Power forwards?)

The only young guys here (Under 27) are...

Kyle Okposo (23)

David Clarkson (27)

Steve Downie (24)

Rick Nash (27)

Ryan Jones (27)

Milan Michalek (26)

Joffrey Lupul (27)

Nikolai Kulemin (25)

Well we can safely cut Nash out as Columbus won't trade him.

Assuming this is for the second line to play with Kesler we can eliminate some more guys.

Clarkson, Neil, and Jones probably wouldn't fit on the second line with Kesler.

Now let's count in Point totals for the remaining guys. (Last Year)

Okposo - 38 games played - 5 goals - 15 assists - 20 points - 43 points over an 82 games season

Downie - 57 games played - 10 goals - 22 assists - 32 points - 46 points over an 82 game season

Michelak - 66 games played - 18 goals - 15 assists - 33 points - 41 points over an 82 game season

Lupul - 54 games played - 14 goals - 17 assists - 31 points - 47 points over an 82 game season

Kulemin - 82 games played - 30 goals - 27 assists - 57 points

Looks can be decieving, eh? Many people wanted Michelak, but he only goy a .50 PPG ratio. I'm just as surprised.

We can now cut down some more players. Lupul doesn't seem to produce enough and is injury prone. Along with Michelak

Now we have players remaining: Okposo, Downie, and Kulemin.

Let's take another factor into account: Cap hit and contract status

Okposo - 5 more years - $2,800,000 cap hit - UFA at end of deal - No bonuses, NMC, or NTC

Downie - 1 more year - $1,850,000 cap hit - RFA at end of deal - No bonuses, NMC, or NTC

Kulemin- 1 more year - $2,350,000 cap hit - RFA at end of deal - No bonuses, NMC, or NTC

Cap hit's are all quite close , but the years left are not the same. Okposo's is 5 years while the others are both 1 year while both of them being RFA's at the end. Honestly, you can't reduce them anymore, these guys should be prime targets of MG's. Speaking of GM'ing , how bout we try and think of a few proposal's for these players.

For Okposo - Schneider and a 2nd might do it

For Downie and a 1st - Schneider and a 2nd

For Kulemin - Schneider and a 1st or 2nd

Good deals? Maybe, maybe not. Cap space might be an issue in which MG might want to dump Raymond or Samuellsson on the lucky team. Both are good because they would be UFA's or RFA's at the end of this year.

/End longest post on my time in CDC

Edited by tututooter21, 05 August 2011 - 02:58 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to the sig goes to Kesler's Happy Dance

View Postclueless, on 12 July 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:

Hey all, to keep this thread from getting locked, I will attempt to be discreet with what I am asking so the younger posters who may stumble across this thread back out of it not sure what to think.

So I am going camping with my girlfriend and a couple friends in a few days. Now, I know my girlfriend will want to play on the playground quite a few times each day, and we are going for 3 days. However, we will be drinking liquor during these three days, and it might make it hard for myself to play on the playground. That's not the worry though, the worry is, how do I stay on the playground for a respectable amount of time? I've heard from some male friends that liquor makes it easier to stay on the playground longer, but getting to the playground may come sooner than expected. So what are some things I can do to make sure that be-fore playing and the actual playing on the playground doesn't end too soon?

#737 NAILED-BY-THE-HAMMER

NAILED-BY-THE-HAMMER

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

downie sounds like a great option but that is flirting with disaster tampa has a solid team and if schneider play,s for them like he played for us they will have a superior core but the upside is we only face them once a year.
Posted Image

#738 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

i dont care how effective downie is as a player, i'd stop following the team if he was on it. he's on par with sean avery as far as scumbags go.

#739 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,448 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Supposedly I read at the deadline that the deal on place was Schneider and Raymond for Stewart and Anderson, but MG didn't want to mess with our chemistry so he was going to wait for the offseason but obviously Colorado didn't want to and sent them to St Louis

Ugh. That would've been golden. We would've won the Cup with that. Finals line combos:

Sedin Sedin Stewart (Marchand deterrent)
Higgins Kesler Burrows
Torres Lapierre Hansen
Glass Malhotra Oreskovich

Anderson would've been a legit option to play in Beantown as well... Just a massive fail if true.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#740 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

in case youre wondering about the minus, it has nothing to do with the actual content of your post and everything to do with you using fail as a noun like a 13 year old

i thought you were better than that

#741 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

I wouldn't mind a guy like Jason Chimera
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#742 AndyBernard

AndyBernard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

i wouldnt mind a guy who was actually a legit top 6 forward
Posted Image
credit - VintageCanuck

#743 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

I wouldn't mind a guy like Jason Chimera

Schneider for a 3rd liner? Really?

#744 Ryan Kesler's Snipe

Ryan Kesler's Snipe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

i would hate, like, HATE to see Schneider go but i wouldnt mind getting Doan for him
Posted Image In Hodgson we trust

In 2012, a hero will rise

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the sick sig!

#745 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,448 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

in case youre wondering about the minus, it has nothing to do with the actual content of your post and everything to do with you using fail as a noun like a 13 year old

i thought you were better than that

? How else would you like me to express complete & utter disdain over that decision and it's impact on still being Cupless 40 years and counting?!

Chis Stewart put up 15g in 26gp in St. Louis. Can you say 23-year old 40g-50g powerforward?!

Should I have used uncensored expletives instead?!

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#746 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

? How else would you like me to express complete & utter disdain over that decision and it's impact on still being Cupless 40 years and counting?!

Chis Stewart put up 15g in 26gp in St. Louis. Can you say 23-year old 40g-50g powerforward?!

Should I have used uncensored expletives instead?!

just add the -ure at the end of the word so you dont appear retarded?

#747 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,448 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

just add the -ure at the end of the word so you dont appear retarded?

No comment on looking mentally challenged when it comes to the usage of the English language other than to say it seems like an odd thing to pick apart when one considers the level of effort you put into your own posts.

#748 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

No comment on looking mentally challenged when it comes to the usage of the English language other than to say it seems like an odd thing to pick apart when one considers the level of effort you put into your own posts.

believe me, i used to be the grammatically correct stickler on the internet. my change to this new way was actually a conscious decision as opposed to apathy or laziness; its minimalism. i basically just avoid capitals and apostrophes and sometimes the odd paragraphing, but sentence structure, spelling and everything else is stellar.

it wasnt the incorrectness that bothered me, anyway. its the fact that its a horribly annoying internet fad thats been going on way too long and has actually proliferated the lexicon. people use it in speech and it offends me. its like the word "epic" -- completely dead to me now. that used to be a good, specific word but the current generation of internet tweens has ruined it forever. anytime now that i have occasion to use epic in its proper context im forced to think of a synonym.

anyway, i wasnt trying to be a dick. it was supposed to just be a friendly prod. did i mention i occasionally come off as harsh?

#749 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

i would hate, like, HATE to see Schneider go but i wouldnt mind getting Doan for him

If it was just Doan for Schneider then I would say, NO. Doan has maybe a couple of seasons left before he retires, or maybe continues to play but at a very reduced effectiveness (age does catch up with us all). I'd rather go for someone who still has 5 to 10 good years ahead of him.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#750 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

doan's super christianity wouldnt be a fit in the dressing room, similar to ryan walter's

Edited by tas, 05 August 2011 - 10:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.