The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Their attendance is fine, but yeah, all other "Vancouver" sports coverage is non existent. The Lions usually get some press by now, but have heard literally nothing about them.

I'd say the 'Caps are still in the radar of sports here in this town, but because the Canucks are THIS CLOSE and THIS FAR into the postseason (FINALS!) - you don't really hear much about anything else. It's Canucks all the time.

Whitecaps also need to at least WIN another game, before people take notice. I don't know what Caps management were thinking when they did not sign any offensive players. You need to score in order to win. And right now, the only person that seems to be scoring a ton, is getting red-carded every other game. Ridiculous.

Is the reffing that bad? Or are our players just not good enough? I think it's the latter. And our goaltending duo stinks. Cannon is an over-aging player. They guy doesn't even crack an EPL roster. Probably playing in the 12th division (if there is one) in Europe somewhere. Same with Nolly. We need better goaltending, we need more scoring, and better defense. Caps are lucky that they are "still" considered a novelty with MLS, and all. But after next year, if they don't make MAJOR improvements, they're not going to have much of a following. Being one of the TOP 25 football clubs in the world begins by being the VERY BEST in the league your in. LOOOOOOONG way to go. Maybe not even in my lifetime.

Whitecaps vs Sounders tonight @ 7:30... on freakin TSN2.

The Sounders have always been one of our biggest rivals and we can't even get this game on TV. I guess Indy car racing is more important to TSN...

Why couldn't Rogers Sportsnet step in?

It is garbage this match will be on TSN2. For starters I can't get it where I am tonight and secondly this derby match has more history behind it than the whole MLS has.

This is just a push to force people into cable packages above what they want to normaly pay for.