The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I can't believe how tonight's game is not being made a priority by TSN. Not only was it way too far back in the highlight lineup but they place the game on TSN2! What a joke a huge historic rivalry with Seattle and they treat it like crap.

but WHAT A GOAL BY ERIC HASSLI!!!!! ... way to blow a win.

What a great game played by the Caps tonight. Great execution all the way through accompanied by ANOTHER incredible goal.

We looked dangerous every single time we got into their half. I have never seen our forwards/midfield move the ball so well and so effectively. They had the Union D on their heels the whole game and were unlucky to just put 1 in the net. Our defense also looked solid. We kept them to essentially 1 or 2 real threats to score. Most of them being off broken plays and deflections.

We waited a long time for win #2 and we finally got it. Hopefully the Caps can carry on the momentum.

Congratulations to the Whitecaps for the W. Not getting much love from CDC I see but Empire was great, as usual :towel:

I think the events since Wednesday were pretty heavy on everyone's minds... The commentators went off on a tangent somewhere in the second half and I could really hear the disgust in one of the commentator's voices, only to have Martin Nash refute and say that the rioters weren't sports fans, as sports fans come for the game, and that "99%" of Vancouverites condemn those acts.

I haven't followed the Caps much since NHL playoffs but I do follow a few on Twitter, and they are such awesome people. I think they wanted to win an extra bit more today to offer a reprieve for the city... Thanks Caps <3

Seriously, what a freaking amazing goal... flawless passing and ball work from one end to the other. A great team effort.

Nice cut in by Chiumiento and then as you say great passing.

Fun match to watch. Even with a bit of a breakdown in the final injury time they all worked as a team.

Guest Voucer

That was terrific. Hopefully they can follow it up with a few more wins.

Hassli is just fantastic. It's a shame he couldn't capitalize on that break last night.

Interesting that Rochat scores on a pass from Chumiento. I was thinking before the game started that these were the two guys on the roster that have consistently impressed all season long.

Hassli has had his moments, as had Camillo, but the rest of the roster has been up and down IMO.

I like Salinas' game last night, as well. Hopefully the 'Caps can carry some momentum forward from this game. Next up, we need a road victory.

• Upvote 1

Was at the game in Seattle and the atmosphere was incredible. Was in the Caps fan section and we were cheering and chanting and partying the entire game. We seemed as loud as the 35,000 Sounders fans. And I wish I can say I was sober enough to appreciate how amazing Hassli's goal was, but I wasn't. Just saw the ball go into the net. Had to check out the replay the next morning to see how amazing it was.

And great win against the Union. Go Caps! Time to get a road win!

Sporting Kansas City sounds like a low budget local cable sports TV show.

Why did they have to ditch a lot of tradition, history and culture (re. Wizard of Oz reference) in the Wizards to take on that unoriginal shameless ripoff faux European handle anyways?