The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Caps broadcast crew had to fire a local crew member in Dallas because he got so pissed off that he said "If I had my gun, I'd kill someone right now."

Nothing happened but he was waiting in the parking lot after.

Any chance you could post a link? I did a quick search but I couldn't find anything.

This is maybe the most apathetic I've been towards the Caps in a while, and I've been following them pretty religiously for 10 years now.

It's far from the worst they've been, on a relative competitive level. It's probably the best team they've fielded by a large margin, so maybe that's why its the easiest to tune out when the team feels like they're doing the same.

• Upvote 1

This is maybe the most apathetic I've been towards the Caps in a while, and I've been following them pretty religiously for 10 years now.

It's far from the worst they've been, on a relative competitive level. It's probably the best team they've fielded by a large margin, so maybe that's why its the easiest to tune out when the team feels like they're doing the same.

I agree...I also find them extremely boring.

• 2 weeks later...

Back on the bandwagon everyone. The Caps earned a first round bye and will host their first ever home playoff game on November 8th! Let's fill the house!

Was a fun game to attend. Couldn't get much going after that fast start but they found a way to ramp it up in the 2nd half.

Best part of all that happened today was that LA fell all the way to fifth and now has to play on the road against Seattle.

• Upvote 1

I find it remarkable that the Caps were able to finish second in the West.  They scored eight (8!) goals in their last nine games.  And that includes the three they scored today.  I suppose the other teams (other than Dallas) were stumbling throughout the season as well.

But what the heck..........................GO CAPS!!!!

• Upvote 1

I went to my first ever Whitecaps match last night.  I guess I never realised how quickly the game flies by.  Pretty entertaining game for the most part, we were on the side where all the goals were scored.  I was wondering why they bothered to sub in a player with like a minute left in extra time and then he goes and scores so I guess that was why haha.  Those 10k in attendance made more noise than 20k would at Rogers. 

Earnshaw has been incredible when he has been playing.  Any reason that Octavio regularly starts instead of him?  Earnshaw isn't as young as Rivero, but he's kinda like Rosales where he's pretty much going at 100% the entire time, whereas Rivero sometimes just gives up a chase and such.  Seems like Robert is more willing to get into a position where the ball will be rather than just getting open and expecting the ball to come to him. 

2-2 for Seattle and LA after just 22 minutes, Jesus Christ

Complete circus. Both sides are a complete shambles at the back. Classic MLS playoffs with the galaxy getting a goal waved off by crying about it.

EDIT: The Galaxy are done! Whitecaps will have a Cascadia clash with either Seattle or Portland. Despite being "third" in the standings the Timbers were the team I'd have wanted to face the most out of the three options. Although with injury questions abound for Seattle's backline they wouldn't be a terrible matchup either.

Edited by drdeath
  • Upvote 1