The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

how does this playoff work?  If we win 2-1 do we still move on?  Do these away goal things count, even if we win the game?  Could we win the game 3-2 and still lose?

To my knowledge, away goals don't mean anything unless it's a tie. So we can win 1-0, 2-1, etc as long as we score more goals. But we cannot tie with a score like 1-1 or 2-2. Bottom line: as long as the 'Caps score more goals no matter the amount, we win.

Edited by FallenCR7A

To my knowledge, away goals don't mean anything unless it's a tie. So we can win 1-0, 2-1, etc as long as we score more goals. But we cannot tie with a score like 1-1 or 2-2. Bottom line: as long as the 'Caps score more goals no matter the amount, we win.

so let's just win baby!

Sucks when you have the game on the line like this, and both Martins and Dempsey figure their best chance is to flop in the offensive zone, rather than force a chance, even if it's low percentage.

It's such a tight, hard fought match, but I hate seeing anyone trying to finish it off by diving. It's such $&!#. Kind of finch that reminds why I do and don't watch soccer.

Sucks when you have the game on the line like this, and both Martins and Dempsey figure their best chance is to flop in the offensive zone, rather than force a chance, even if it's low percentage.

It's such a tight, hard fought match, but I hate seeing anyone trying to finish it off by diving. It's such $&!#. Kind of finch that reminds why I do and don't watch soccer.

That's why I prefer hockey.