The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

1 minute ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Jordan Smith and Ethen Sampson woo

ya they're dum af 

Why not trade Harvey instead.. we have a capable backup in adekugbe unlike RB. 

and we aren't making a proper signing by all reports and reading through the lines. They could shock us but it's likely they don't.  

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, johngould21 said:

We don't hear anything about Japanese players, this signing is off the grid, dyt.

I think we're used to see the 'Caps scouring South, and Central America for talent. I kind of like knowing that they are leaving no stone unturned, when it comes to trying to improve.

Free transfer and depth signing in my opinion.

Caps continue to go the value route in the hope that one day the upside for one of their signings will finally show itself. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but if this club is serious about trying to win the MLS Cup, they need so much more than cheap,  young players with lots of upside.

23 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Free transfer and depth signing in my opinion.

Caps continue to go the value route in the hope that one day the upside for one of their signings will finally show itself. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but if this club is serious about trying to win the MLS Cup, they need so much more than cheap,  young players with lots of upside.

It's Vancouver so it's all about money and owners wanting to maximize their profits (which is not wrong if you are the business owner). As long as fans flock to BC Place, Whitecaps will keep feeding them promises and mediocrity. Much like what the Canucks have been doing for all these years - and now they are starting to lose their season ticket holders and TV viewership. There is only so much that the average fan is willing to put up with until they figure out owners. 

You see the type of players that TFC and Impact are targeting and then you have the Caps (and this is no slight against Masato). Asia has a lot of bright stars but they still have ways to go to catch up to their European colleagues.

• Upvote 1

Yaaaaaaaayyyy!

Another 'value" signing on a free transfer. Don't know anything about Chris­tian Bolaños other than he's 31, has World Cup experience, and is three years younger than Rosales, the guy he replaces.

Has 25 goals in his last 137 league matches so I have little expectation that he can be a major contributor. Another depth signing but hey, sick skill though.

Edited by MJDDawg

With the 16th pick, the Caps pick up what looks to be a big, strong defender and hard tackler but can also spread the ball around.

Cole Seiler
Defender

HT: 6' 1" WT: 180
Birthplace: Anderson, SC
Hometown: Anderson, SC

Edited by MJDDawg

11 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

With the 16th pick, the Caps pick up what looks to be a big, strong defender and hard tackler but can also spread the ball around.

Cole Seiler
Defender

HT: 6' 1" WT: 180
Birthplace: Anderson, SC
Hometown: Anderson, SC

Poor mans Leonardo bonnuci?

• 3 weeks later...