The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

4 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Not with Lenarduzzi running the show..bargain bin players and cheapness....he has even said he wont spend big on players....frankly...he needs to go.

Lenarduzzi, I agree, is a bargain bin guy. I've been saying for the past two years, why does he still have a position with the Whitecaps? Every one of their MLS picks, haven't amounted to anything that resembles elite talent, at least elite MLS talent. It's pretty sad that a 15 year old kid from their developmental program garners more interest and excitement than their draft picks have to this point. Time to break out those pennies Bobby.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

Lenarduzzi, I agree, is a bargain bin guy. I've been saying for the past two years, why does he still have a position with the Whitecaps? Every one of their MLS picks, haven't amounted to anything that resembles elite talent, at least elite MLS talent. It's pretty sad that a 15 year old kid from their developmental program garners more interest and excitement than their draft picks have to this point. Time to break out those pennies Bobby.

totally agree...I fear it will always be the coaches going and never him...seems he must have something on Kerfoot..

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

I don't think Lenarduzzi has much to do with the budget. The lack of investment comes from the top. 

36 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I don't think Lenarduzzi has much to do with the budget. The lack of investment comes from the top. 

That's my take as well. I don't think there's ever been a GM who didn't want to spend an owner's money.

My issues with Lenarduzzi are more to do with his relationship with his players. One wonders how much he had to do with Camillo leaving and it's hard not to forget the fiasco with Dominic Mobilio back in the day...

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's my take as well. I don't think there's ever been a GM who didn't want to spend an owner's money.

My issues with Lenarduzzi are more to do with his relationship with his players. One wonders how much he had to do with Camillo leaving and it's hard not to forget the fiasco with Dominic Mobilio back in the day...

There's been a long line of incidents like that. Camilo, Rochat, Mobilio, Paul Barber, horrible drafting, that guy they signed that refused to come over etc, inability to sing a coach (Robinson was their last choice). 

The front office seems to lack professionalism, attention to detail and care for players. There needs to be a complete overhaul there first before this team can move forward. 

54 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

There's been a long line of incidents like that. Camilo, Rochat, Mobilio, Paul Barber, horrible drafting, that guy they signed that refused to come over etc, inability to sing a coach (Robinson was their last choice). 

The front office seems to lack professionalism, attention to detail and care for players. There needs to be a complete overhaul there first before this team can move forward. 

not to mention Kenny Miller and Eric Hassli leaving for various reasons....

• Upvote 1

I didn't much care whether Toronto or Montreal won the game.  But that was one entertaining soccer game.

And credit to the Toronto fans for staying in their seats in the pouring rain.

Toronto/Seattle has the potential to be a good game, too.

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

I didn't much care whether Toronto or Montreal won the game.  But that was one entertaining soccer game.

And credit to the Toronto fans for staying in their seats in the pouring rain.

Toronto/Seattle has the potential to be a good game, too.

It was great game. and you're right,  kudos the fans there. it was very loud. if someone was just tuning in and didn't know who was playing,  the look, setting and loudness at the stadium gave it the feel of a premiership game.

The 60,000 at Olympic Stadium last week were the same. Great showing by both sets of fans. 

Given the way MLS drags out the season it's easy to overlook, but the MLS Cup is on tomorrow (Saturday) at 5 pm.

Seattle at Toronto - should be an entertaining game even for those of us who would like to see both sides lose.

Edited by UnkNuk

2 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Sounders winning the MLS Cup over TFC in penalties.  Kinda happy that Toronto lost, but envious of one of the I5 rivals winning it instead. 

I hope the front office of the Whitecaps take note and open their wallet like Seattle. 

Money would help, but so would having a competent GM.

Classy of the owners to hand the trophy to the players. Thought TFC played better and had the better chances (there weren't many), but Seattle did a good job of limiting their effectiveness up front.

Not a bad game.  Not a great game, but not a bad game.

Based on the run of play, Toronto deserved to win.  Sensational save by the Seattle goaltender on Altidore.  But them's the breaks.  Congrats to the Sounders.

So two Cascadia teams have won the last two MLS Cups.  Seems to me there's a third Cascadia team, isn't there?  Maybe their turn is next year.  And they can still become the first Canadian team to win the Cup.

That was a pretty tightly contested game by both teams. The save by Frei, in my books, was the game changer. It took the crowd out of the game. I have to give credit to Toronto since they dominated most of the 2nd half but Seattle defended well and did just enough to prevail and win the Cup. Hope that our Whitecaps win it next year. 

Wondering how much heat Vanney is going to take for removing Giovinco from the game...

The guy is pretty much automatic from the spot.

Felt bad for Bradley. He was far and away the best player for TFC. You have to give props to the Seattle defenders. Other than the Altidore chance (which didn't have quite enough steam on it) they didn't give up much, despite playing most of the match in their own end.

Edited by RUPERTKBD