The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Pretty good piece on what Montero might bring to the table: http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/02/15/baer-can-fredy-montero-produce-vancouver-he-did-seattle

That nonpenalty goals + assists per 90 minutes rate is impressive. If he can provide anything close to that on this time around in MLS, Caps fans will be very happy.

EDIT: figured I'd just copy and post the chart

IMG_0518.JPG.608234a59fe9f3b1156a813a172166b4.JPG

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Yordy Reyna Undergoes Surgery on Left Foot

New Vancouver Whitecaps Addition Out Until Summer

It is bad people. Just as we feared. The Vancouver Whitecaps announced this afternoon that “Yordy Reyna underwent successful surgery...for a fifth metatarsal fracture of his left foot”. In normal words, he fractured the bone above his pinky toe.

Carl Robinson stated that he hopes to have the youngster back training (not playing, but training) by the beginning of the summer. So, don’t expect to see Reyna making an appearance for the Whitecaps until.....July. I told you it was bad.

It is worth noting that this is similar to Kekuta Manneh’s injury last season, at the beginning of July. Manneh broke (not fractured) his fifth metatarsal in his right (not left) foot. Seems we need to add some pinky toe exercises (or guards) into training (and games).

What are your thoughts about this announcement? What does this mean for the team, formation, and potential additional signings? I must say, the Whitecaps have had some bad luck with Edgar and now Reyna. We could even add Bolanos into that mix.

http://www.eightysixforever.com/2017/2/21/14695184/vancouver-whitecaps-yordy-reyna-undergoes-surgery-on-left-foot