The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

how much for one with name and numbers?

I'm not 100$, but I think adding a name and number is $20 more while doing it after you buy a blank jersey is $30.

I will probably end up buying a blank jersey and then putting a name on it later on just to make sure I don't put on a name of a player that will be gone next year or turns out to be a bust.

I have a question about the "reserve team"... Is this name for a farm team in the MLS? If so why was our goalie playing in the Caps reserve team? :blink:

It's mostly for players that don't play in the first team, so they can get some playing time and stay fit. It's also for younger players who aren't ready for the MLS and players from the first team who are coming back from injuries and need to get match fit, like Joe Cannon.

Nutrilite Leg One is on Sportsnet (WOO) and Leg Two is on Sportnets One. (BAH) this year, according to the offical website. Both Legs of the final are on Sportsnet One.

Whitecaps are going to be getting a lot of radio play this year...

Edited by knucklepuckin

It's mostly for players that don't play in the first team, so they can get some playing time and stay fit. It's also for younger players who aren't ready for the MLS and players from the first team who are coming back from injuries and need to get match fit, like Joe Cannon.

Oh I see, so it is a farm team.

I'm not 100$, but I think adding a name and number is $20 more while doing it after you buy a blank jersey is $30.

I will probably end up buying a blank jersey and then putting a name on it later on just to make sure I don't put on a name of a player that will be gone next year or turns out to be a bust.

Bandwagonism.

If you like a player, why do you care about the performance of that player?

The soccer, ahem, football community doesn't like it when you use North American terminology for the "beautiful" sport. You know, like zero is nil and you never call a goalkeeper a goaltender.

But "goalie" is still accepted, yes? :D

Guest Voucer

Bandwagonism.

If you like a player, why do you care about the performance of that player?

I suppose it's the same reason we don't see any Matthieu Schneider jerseys around Vancouver, and to some extent Pavol Demitra uniforms. People want to have the names of the long-term or star players on their jerseys. Furthermore, most fans aren't familiar with the players, so it's a wait-and-see approach for the majority. It's tough to relate to any of the players at such any early point in this team's existence.

To answer your question, it's tough to begin liking a player without first learning a bit about him. The very first thing that comes to mind is how well that player can play and/or represent the team. It'll take a few years to learn about each player's individual personality, so that might not be a factor for most fans until next season. Unless you've followed soccer previously, the players are still a complete mystery. Putting a random name on your jersey without any prior knowledge and then realizing that player is the worst player on the team is not something you can sleep easy knowing.

I hope nobody rushed out to buy one of these:

14032_s.jpg

If you put "Messier" on your jersey after his first year... different story.

Edited by Quaker Oats
  • Upvote 2

I wonder if there will be any Martin Nash jerseys for sale. I'd still like to get his, seeing as he's been with the organization so long.

But yes I wish Bell's name wasn't on the front either. I took a look at a few in Lougheed and it made me feel like a billboard. However I'm sure they wouldn't be willing to sponsor our team if their logo wasn't plastered in plain view <_<

I don't want to look like I work for BELL.

;)

And if BELL ends their sponsorship with Whitecaps...then it will really look dumb.

But yes I wish Bell's name wasn't on the front either. I took a look at a few in Lougheed and it made me feel like a billboard. However I'm sure they wouldn't be willing to sponsor our team if their logo wasn't plastered in plain view <_<

Not only is it bad enough to pay to become a willing billboard, but I loathe seeing children wearing those things. Isn't it too early in life to be making corporate whores out of them?

I don't want to look like I work for BELL.

;)

And if BELL ends their sponsorship with Whitecaps...then it will really look dumb.

You could say the same for the phased out blue, red and grey orca and the skate and rink Canucks jerseys.

The "V" jerseys looked dumb to begin with. :lol:

I don't see any problem with having a sponsor on the front. Unless you only started watching soccer now, then everyone should be used to it. It's the same as wearing a Nike or an Adidas t-shirt. No need to get uptight about it...