The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Hard to say. It may be part of the negotiation. But I’m not sure VWFC should play him even if they can. Bayern could probably void any transfer if Davies got injured. Wouldn’t be official until he’s 18.

so his development

will be stalled for 6 months ?

he needs in game competition to develop

this seems a bit nutso

42 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

so will they hold him out of competition

for the rest of the season now ?

because they won't

that much is clear

I won't watch another White Caps game if not for Alphonso Davies.

They better at least act like they are willing to spend to try to get a guy like Cyle Larin.

Or else Im done with them.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

They better at least act like they are willing to spend to try to get a guy like Cyle Larin.

i have tickets for the sept 1 game

looking to offload them

are you interested ? :P

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Hard to say. It may be part of the negotiation. But I’m not sure VWFC should play him even if they can. Bayern could probably void any transfer if Davies got injured. Wouldn’t be official until he’s 18.

That kind of contract would be quite unusual. Don't think Davies will play a lot of games in the beginning. So I doubt Bayern would worry about that too much. They will want him to play as many games as possible.

37 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

That kind of contract would be quite unusual. Don't think Davies will play a lot of games in the beginning. So I doubt Bayern would worry about that too much. They will want him to play as many games as possible.

I’d hope so. Anyway, it’s just as easy to pick up injuries in training as it is in games.

So unless they’re going to bubblewrap the kid and tie him to his bed, probably better to just let him finish out the games this season.

I mean, when it comes to VWFC, it seems like the players pick up more “knocks” and “niggling injuries” (Robbo’s words not mine ;)) in training than in the games anyway.

And Davies is seems to be pretty hardy anyway so I doubt there’s much risk (other than the freak injury kind and that can really happen anytime and anywhere).

Obviously from a fan perspective I’d like to see him play out this final year in Vancouver. Like many, I’m not sure I’m up for watching this current team play without him in the lineup (although I haven’t skipped a game yet—so probably I’ll stick with them, it’s just getting harder and harder).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

6 hours ago, coastal.view said:

so will they hold him out of competition

for the rest of the season now ?

because they won't

that much is clear

Yes davies wont be playing anymore, no reason to risk injury, cause if he gets injured, his value will drop , so they will finish the deal and the onlytime we can watch davies is watching him play in europe .

Now whitecaps better buy some quality players with this money, or they will lose a fan(s) ...all that money and they dont use it to make there team better, than why support em?

I just dont have much faith in bob, hes been so skimpy on funds for so long, we had a great player in montero, but bob didnt wanna pay for what montero is worth, so he left ....im cringing right now

13 minutes ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

Yes davies wont be playing anymore, no reason to risk injury, cause if he gets injured, his value will drop , so they will finish the deal and the onlytime we can watch davies is watching him play in europe .

Now whitecaps better buy some quality players with this money, or they will lose a fan(s) ...all that money and they dont use it to make there team better, than why support em?

I just dont have much faith in bob, hes been so skimpy on funds for so long, we had a great player in montero, but bob didnt wanna pay for what montero is worth, so he left ....im cringing right now

well thanks for the response

i do not think you really know how much fredy was earning

last season it was 5 million euros .. his asian club paid most of his salary while he played for the caps

i did a quick online research but could not get a clear answer.. but it appears that he earns 2.7 million pounds this year

so that is around 5 million canadian

i liked fredy . but he is not worth that amount to play in mls for vancouver

kamara is a better fit and earns 1 million

8 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

It's done. Interesting to note that Davies will be allowed to play out the season here:

Too bad he chose the dark side...

Should still be eligible for Bayerns youth team. Think he's going to play there until summer but train with the first team. Should ease his transition.

Whitecaps better use davies money in the offseason and buy some good players ( and i mean proven players, not blondell trash who cant even hit the net when on a breakaway ) , if not i hope people of vancouver boycott the team, all that money wasted on nothing would be sad ...as i said before i have no faith in bob 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

Whitecaps better use davies money in the offseason and buy some good players ( and i mean proven players, not blondell trash who cant even hit the net when on a breakaway ) , if not i hope people of vancouver boycott the team, all that money wasted on nothing would be sad ...as i said before i have no faith in bob 

Just sell the team to Aquaman and you won't have to wonder if money will be spent on the team.

has anyone heard a clear statement from the team yet

that davies will in fact play in full competition

and all remaining games (given he is healthy) for the remainder of the season?

or are they going to be coy

and continue to sell tickets on the basis that fans hope they might get to see him?

or will he not actually play another game

but remain with the team so he can live at home and stay in this area

until he leaves for germany ?

On 2018-07-23 at 1:53 PM, Lateralus91 said:

Would Bayern not worry about Davies playing his games here on turf though?  

8 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

It's done. Interesting to note that Davies will be allowed to play out the season here:

€13M (with add-ons to €20M) is definitely closer to the range I wanted to see. At least it’s a respectable total (and not a lowball), especially for a Canadian playing in MLS.

Of course, it’s all gonna depend on how VWFC uses the money. They could get €100M and if they don’t use the money to upgrade the players, it’s not really helping anybody other than the owners.

Fans definitely deserve to see some big money splashed around for once. Not just for the sake of spending though. They need to be smart about it. We need to target some quality players that can help us build a team that can truly compete with the upper tier of MLS. 

Glad it’s confirmed that Davies will play out the season.

• Cheers 1

On 23/07/2018 at 12:29 PM, Chip Kelly said:

You would think they would use that money and acquire someone good? 

Man I wish aquilinis were our owners for whitecaps too. They would throw top dollar and get us a couple stars like Torontos team. 

Edited by apollo
  • Upvote 2