The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Yep, half way through the 3rd game of the season, with a huge turnover in personnel, and a new coach seems like the exact right time to write them off for the season.:sadno:

Rofl, whatever makes ya sleep at night ....so gullible 

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

Three games, three losses, and the Sounders up next.  Not good.

Too bad, really - I thought the Caps deserved a draw today.  I agree the first half was a snoozer but the second half showed some promise.

The coaching staff now has two weeks to figure out what's going wrong and how to fix it.  Let's hope they can.

They keep doing to many mistakes, and only show up for one half , montero looks out of place, if it werent for the PK , he still have no goals ....if we kept kamara , we wouldnt be in this situation imagine, kamara doing the headers on the corner plays ... we have no one who can do headers, when we have a corner kick.

Im not holding my breathe this season why im only watching it on TV, id rage to hard if i wasted money and went to bc place ...so atleast i can rage at home and punch my punching bag LOL

with ali adnan comming next week, he will have a week of practice with them, and hopefully he can help, if we still lose with him, than not sure what to think LOL

5 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

with ali adnan comming next week, he will have a week of practice with them, and hopefully he can help, if we still lose with him, than not sure what to think LOL

And that's something I don't understand.  The guy is only coming for four months!  The loan expires on June 30 and he goes back to Italy.  So if he's a really good player he'll help out the Caps for several months and then they're back to square one in the middle of the season when he leaves.  I suppose he can be seen as a stopgap measure until they find a permanent replacement but it seems odd to me.

As well, it reinforces the view of MLS as minor league.  Players come here to keep in practice until they can go home and play real soccer.  

Don't see it posted in here but crazy story about how that super agent David Baldwin, who everyone but Robbo hates , is the one who "brokered" the deal for Davies to Bayern because Robbo and Baldwin got a 5% of the transfer fee cut if he went to Bayern. Even though PSG offered more money. 

Crazy.

Glad Robbo is gone. Even if this team goes 0-10 to start the season, can't have that kind of shady "leadership" running the club. Not that Lenarduzzi is any better. But to dictate where a 17 year old kid goes not for the betterment of his future, but for personal gain? 

At the end of the day Bayern may be the better option than PSG or Man U (It was the super agent that blocked the practicing with Man U for a couple weeks stint), but it should have been Davies' choice, not Baldwin and Robbo's. 

24 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Don't see it posted in here but crazy story about how that super agent David Baldwin, who everyone but Robbo hates , is the one who "brokered" the deal for Davies to Bayern because Robbo and Baldwin got a 5% of the transfer fee cut if he went to Bayern. Even though PSG offered more money.

so you are saying there was collusion?
:wub:

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Crazy.

Glad Robbo is gone. Even if this team goes 0-10 to start the season, can't have that kind of shady "leadership" running the club. Not that Lenarduzzi is any better. But to dictate where a 17 year old kid goes not for the betterment of his future, but for personal gain? 

At the end of the day Bayern may be the better option than PSG or Man U (It was the super agent that blocked the practicing with Man U for a couple weeks stint), but it should have been Davies' choice, not Baldwin and Robbo's. 

Whhaaat. is there an article or anything about this?

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

Whhaaat. is there an article or anything about this?

One of the local reporters had a twitter thread on it. I'll try after work to find it. His thread was a long series of Tweets exposing all of it. It was all tied to this super agent's other client Aaron Ramsey and other ties to certain European teams.

So after five games they're 0-4-1 and have been shutout three times.

The odd thing is, I still think they have the core of a decent team.  Doeneil Henry, Hwang In-Beom, Maxime Crepeau, Lass Bangoura, Ali Adnan (penalty kick aside) and Jake Nerwinski all seem to be good players. 

The major problem, as it seems to be year after year after year, is getting a reliable goal scorer.  Once again this season, they don't seem to have one.  Should they somehow stumble onto one this team could still make some noise. 

At least, that's the way I see it through my rose-coloured eyeglasses.  

29 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

The major problem, as it seems to be year after year after year, is getting a reliable goal scorer.  Once again this season, they don't seem to have one.  Should they somehow stumble onto one this team could still make some noise. 

They'll never spend the money required to get one and If they happen to luck out with a hidden gem they won't be able to keep them more than one year.

Embarrassing management top to bottom year after year.

52 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

They'll never spend the money required to get one and If they happen to luck out with a hidden gem they won't be able to keep them more than one year.

Embarrassing management top to bottom year after year.

camilo leaving seems to mark the franchise in it's entirety at the moment.

• Cheers 1

I dont even watch the whitecaps no more, they 0-4-1 and cant seem to score goals.....kinda a joke :( untill they get rid bob and the rest, not worth the time or money.

But i did watch fridays game, just cause of zlatan :) and he classy guy, giving that one fan a signature, even though he entered the pitch illegally lol

Bob L needs to fall on his sword and resign to save face. 

People complain about the Canucks ownership, the 'Caps ownership is a joke. 

Nash and Mallett can stay. 

Kerfoot and Luczo should sell their part of ownership. 

Bring in a new president who wants to win, and develop local talent. 

On 3/30/2019 at 9:17 PM, coastal.view said:

caps are such an offensive power house

soon they won't be able to give away tickets to a game

the excitement is overwhelming

:wub:

Imagine the Canucks without EP, Boeser, and Horvat.  Those are the Whitecaps (and no Hughes type of player waiting in the wings).  Owner(s) likely got rich pocketing the Davies money.  Need to get the Aquaman to buy this team.