The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Although TFC was SOOO classless for not playing that ball out during an injury, Caps still have to be accountable for numerous defensive breakdowns. TFC could have had 7 goals, it Joe Cannon was not so clutch. Such a brutal corner to give up at the end, that ball was going out of touch

Although TFC was SOOO classless for not playing that ball out during an injury, Caps still have to be accountable for numerous defensive breakdowns. TFC could have had 7 goals, it Joe Cannon was not so clutch. Such a brutal corner to give up at the end, that ball was going out of touch

There was no need for that ball to be put behind by Bonjour... Careless and thoughtless football.

You are right about Big Joe, too. He was stellar last night, and has been all season, despite giving up 3.

There's no way Dungfield should have had a free header to end the game. I would rather have one of the 'Caps defenders put him on his ass and give up a penalty. Smufs don't normally score game winning headers in the 94th minute!

:sadno:

:towel::canucks:

My buddy and I watched it tons of times and I still think it went in off of his right biceps.

Moot point. 'Caps MUST replace Chiumiento soon. To give up a player like that, and have to wait a while to replace him is unacceptable.

To match the offer on him, they would have had to make him a DP.

Moot point. 'Caps MUST replace Chiumiento soon. To give up a player like that, and have to wait a while to replace him is unacceptable.

To match the offer on him, they would have had to make him a DP.

I agree. Robson was thought to be a strong attacking guy. The way he plays, mostly sideways and negative, he should be holding, not attacking.

'Caps need another striker or attacking middy.

Ugh. Le Toux was one of my favorite, if not my favorite Whitecap. Hopefully this Richards guy is as good as some people are hyping him up to be.

2nd time this week the 'Caps have freed up money. Also they got allocation money back as well, most Whitecaps reporters are saying a big signing is in the works.

I hope these recent moves arn't just for the sake of "saving money", and are hopefully being made for something bigger in the (near) future.

Honestly if this is a money saving thing, I will not renew my season tickets next year. BUTTT no one seems to think it is, so lets hope for the best!

Is anyone else shocked that the Whitecaps traded Le Toux?

I actually liked him and after letting Chiumento go, I didn't believe a deal like this would have occurred.

Hopefully we actually sign a very good player or even a possible superstar.

Honestly I am shocked

Im even more shocked that NYRB traded FOR him

NY has 2 of the top 3 forwards in the league currently and then they just traded for another great forward.... What are they gonna do? Start all 3? Who are they going to bench

Henry - 9 Goals in 11 Games

Cooper - 11 Goals in 16 Games

Le Toux

I honestly think besides the money... this was a lose/lose deal unless theres stuff to come later

Well it looks like were signing a 3rd DP..http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/07/14/vancouver-whitecaps-move-to-sign-cardiff-city-striker-kenny-miller-91466-31396331/#.UAHK70OQ5DQ.twitter

Not that i have a clue about this guy but just judging from reading the comments this guy is a Le Toux clone. Im not sure how i feel about this potential signing.. were 0-2 so far with DP's so between Robson and this guy i hope we have a winner.

Well it looks like were signing a 3rd DP..http://www.walesonli...70OQ5DQ.twitter

Not that i have a clue about this guy but just judging from reading the comments this guy is a Le Toux clone. Im not sure how i feel about this potential signing.. were 0-2 so far with DP's so between Robson and this guy i hope we have a winner.

We were also expected to sign Boca...Won't believe till it happens.

Well it looks like were signing a 3rd DP..http://www.walesonli...70OQ5DQ.twitter

Here's another article, which makes it sound more like a done deal - http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/football/football-news-in-brief-miller-poised-for-vancouver-move-1-2413187