The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I had family over after Robson scored the penalty shot, can anyone tell me how Miller did?

played the last 15 and looked strong on the ball when he had it, but didn't get to see much since the caps were sitting back and defending the whole time.. looks like he'll be a good signing tho.

played the last 15 and looked strong on the ball when he had it, but didn't get to see much since the caps were sitting back and defending the whole time.. looks like he'll be a good signing tho.

that sounds good

Edited by canucks3322

So I don't follow the whitecaps very closely,but why would they trade hasli?

No roster spot left really. Can't have that kind of money coming off the bench. Fans gave him one last send off at the 29th minute(29 was is number) during the game.

So I don't follow the whitecaps very closely,but why would they trade hasli?

Just not a good fit for Rennie's system. He's a quality player, but doesn't move off the ball that Rennie wants.

Hassli hasn't had the success he's wanted, and it just wasn't viable to be paying his salary for him to be sitting on the bench, as well as taking up a DP and international spot. It just made a lot more sense for the team to let him. I'm still a little miffed he went to TFC though, but what can ya do.

But man, great game. Robbo has been great for us, he is really taking command of the midfield, and is working together with Koffie amazingly. And that PK, lol, Robson had absolutely no doubt where he was putting it, and thumped that one, dang.

My favourite part of the game was Bonjour sitting Wondo's ass the frack down. Hahaha

Entertaining game.

In my book, YP Lee has once again cemented himself as the unsung hero of the 'Caps' season so far. The through ball to Richards was golden...

I'm a bit surprised at all the whining from the 'Quakes about the penalty call. First Wando during the game and now Yallop saying "The ref decided the game" in the press....

...every look that I have seen of the play suggests that a penalty was the correct call.

Entertaining game.

In my book, YP Lee has once again cemented himself as the unsung hero of the 'Caps' season so far. The through ball to Richards was golden...

I'm a bit surprised at all the whining from the 'Quakes about the penalty call. First Wando during the game and now Yallop saying "The ref decided the game" in the press....

...every look that I have seen of the play suggests that a penalty was the correct call.

They had over double the free kicks the 'Caps had. They have nothing to complain about. I really question MLS reffing, the Canadian teams have 30% less free kicks than the American teams.

The ref in that game was not even going to give the 'Caps the PK, the sideline official was the one who awarded it.

The officiating was horrendous, both ways.

The PK call was borderline, as truthfully Camilo had already lost control of the ball and the keeper had it. He was taken down, undoubtedly, but he wasn't going to score.

That being said, San Jose's goal was bull too. If you watch the replay, you can clearly see Gordon elbows Rochat to the back of the head as he steamrolls him from behind to get in position.

They had over double the free kicks the 'Caps had. They have nothing to complain about. I really question MLS reffing, the Canadian teams have 30% less free kicks than the American teams.

The ref in that game was not even going to give the 'Caps the PK, the sideline official was the one who awarded it.

Most of the game, I thought the ref made the correct calls. The exception being the obstruction on Mattocks which turned into a foul given against him when he tried too hard to make his way past the defender.

However, I thought Forrest had the right of it when he said it was the "safe" call and most refs would have made the same determination on a close to 50/50 call near the box...

That still doesn't change the fact that (at least in my book) the penalty call was deserved.

The officiating was horrendous, both ways.

The PK call was borderline, as truthfully Camilo had already lost control of the ball and the keeper had it. He was taken down, undoubtedly, but he wasn't going to score.

That being said, San Jose's goal was bull too. If you watch the replay, you can clearly see Gordon elbows Rochat to the back of the head as he steamrolls him from behind to get in position.

Whether Camilo had the ball or not, he was fouled.

I didn't deny that he was fouled. You'll notice though, that in the box, refs will most likely not give the call unless the guy really has a good chance to score.

I said the call was fine, but borderline. A different ref may not have given it.

The way I see this is similar to the off setting penalty and diving call people complain about in hockey. People complain about this but in a hockey game, if it is a legitimate hook or something and the guy embellishes it to make it worse, both are justifiable calls. Same deal here. Camilo clearly took an "inadvertent" tumble on the play, but buddy on SJ stuck his foot out when he was clearly beaten. Maybe Camilo should/could have been punished too, but it was still the right call.