The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Great game. It might of been just the break but the caps sure looked good tonight. A great game to be your first, eh UMAD?

Definitely looked like a head injury for Demerit. They were putting vaseline on, what looked like, a goose egg right above his eyebrow. Hope he is ok.

And great tribute to the Canadian womens team by the southsiders. So proud of those girls and proud of the southsiders for recognizing their massive accomplishment. Gave me goosebumps.

Great game. It might of been just the break but the caps sure looked good tonight. A great game to be your first, eh UMAD?

Definitely looked like a head injury for Demerit. They were putting vaseline on, what looked like, a goose egg right above his eyebrow. Hope he is ok.

And great tribute to the Canadian womens team by the southsiders. So proud of those girls and proud of the southsiders for recognizing their massive accomplishment. Gave me goosebumps.

Yeah! it was a great experience and it leaves me hungry to go again in the future! Just like my first canucks game did to me!

Huge win for the Caps! O'Brien looked solid for the most part, and it's about time Camilo had a break through game, he's had some bad luck for a few games now. I wasn't able to see Miller get subbed on, I had to leave for work, but I heard he created a couple of chances, can anyone fill me in on how he's doing?

Haha, I stand right behind the upper banner (my season's tickets are there) and there was a huge argument between some people behind the banners because nobody could see anything and when the banners went up, YP Lee was on the attack at the edge of the box on the right side.

Some serious yelling went on, lol. I'm not going to point out who was involved, but you can see them in the picture, lol.

Anyhow, it was done during the 12th minute, in honour of Christine Sinclair, of course.

It was a nice touch, although it probably would have been better had they done it before the game, and during the half-time.

I dunno man.... why would they buy tickets in the southsiders section and not expect to have their view obstructed at one point or another by banners/flags?

I dunno man.... why would they buy tickets in the southsiders section and not expect to have their view obstructed at one point or another by banners/flags?

As long as it is not longer than a minute it's fine. At no point were most peoples view of the game, and big screen obstructed.

That's what I mean though, if people didn't want to be near flag waving, loud chanting/cheering then they should have gotten seats in the family section.

No no no, you guys don't understand.

The people complaining are all Southsiders themselves. These are guys who've been watching the 'Caps since the old Swanguard days, standing in the original Southside on the grass and on those rickety bleachers.

These aren't a bunch of uninformed tourists who just showed up and weren't happy about it.

There's been an ongoing thing between some people in the section for a multitude of reasons I don't really want to get into.

I think it was a great gesture to have the banners and to show support for our ladies, but like I said earlier, before the match, and during half-time would have been just as effective without being inconsiderate. Doing it in the 12th minute singles out Sinclair (who obviously put the team on her back), belittles the performance of the team as a whole, and disrupts the viewing of the game for a lot of people.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great way to show support, but again, I think it could have been executed better.

The people complaining are all Southsiders themselves. These are guys who've been watching the 'Caps since the old Swanguard days, standing in the original Southside on the grass and on those rickety bleachers.

These aren't a bunch of uninformed tourists who just showed up and weren't happy about it.

There's been an ongoing thing between some people in the section for a multitude of reasons I don't really want to get into.

I think it was a great gesture to have the banners and to show support for our ladies, but like I said earlier, before the match, and during half-time would have been just as effective without being inconsiderate. Doing it in the 12th minute singles out Sinclair (who obviously put the team on her back), belittles the performance of the team as a whole, and disrupts the viewing of the game for a lot of people.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great way to show support, but again, I think it could have been executed better.

I totally agree with you. I would be pissed off if someone put up a banner in front of me even though it is for the good.

I've seen fans put banner at european soccer game, but they would put the banner in front of them but not obstructing people them. Banner can still be seen as long as they are standing

Ah, gotcha. Misunderstood, thought it was non-southsiders getting pissed about getting their view blocked.

And re:singling out Sinclair. I agree that the whole team deserves credit, but the Southsiders aren't the only ones that have singled out Sinclair. The media as a whole has made it sound like Sinclair did it all on her own. Completely disregarded really massive performances from the rest of the players.

Edit: http://yfrog.com/h62v4roj

This flag is a great touch though.

Edited by ckamo

Club is still new, and Southsiders aren't perfect. They will learn from their mistakes. Last year they left the giant flag up in the front row blocking peoples views, now they only wave it during goals, and take it down.

On a side note, Andy O'Brien filled in great! Last year every time Jay D went down the club went back into the toilet. Not only did O'Brien step up and play well, Robson took command of the team. Last year no one would step up and be the leader the team needed (when Jay was injured).

Club is still new, and Southsiders aren't perfect. They will learn from their mistakes. Last year they left the giant flag up in the front row blocking peoples views, now they only wave it during goals, and take it down.

On a side note, Andy O'Brien filled in great! Last year every time Jay D went down the club went back into the toilet. Not only did O'Brien step up and play well, Robson took command of the team. Last year no one would step up and be the leader the team needed (when Jay was injured).

I totally agree, O'Brien filled in great.

It's almost weird how Rennie went out to give the squad some depth at the CB position, only to have that depth be tested not long afterwards.

I hope Jay recovers quickly, and hopefully better yet, he doesn't even have a concussion. That being said, O'Brien is a quality defender, and won't be a big drop-off.

In my opinion, O'Brien has a good chance to challenge for a regular spot if he plays well, he's definitely good enough.

I do not know what "Football Manager 2012" is, but my friend showed me a screenshot of Dimitar Berbatov on the Whitecaps roster.

Is there any possible merit to this?

In NHL 2012, my friend traded Marian Hossa to the Canucks, but I was disappointed to go home and find out he was still playing for Chicago.

I do not know what "Football Manager 2012" is, but my friend showed me a screenshot of Dimitar Berbatov on the Whitecaps roster.

Is there any possible merit to this?

:lol:

Your friend trolled you pretty good.

It's safe to say that anybody currently playing for Man U would be way out of MLS's league. The transfer fee would be monstrous.