The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

This team will not make the playoffs. The season is crashing folks.. you can see that the team has no chemistry, flow or any semblance of confidence, or belief in a system. It is a complete mess out there. To be frank, the roster overhaul has only hurt and not helped. This team was in a decent position before the major changes, if it ain't broke why fix it? Buckle up, it is only going to get uglier.

At least this season is a huge improvement over last year's pathetic display. However, I am not liking the current direction of this team, as I think they have taken a few steps back.

This team will not make the playoffs. The season is crashing folks.. you can see that the team has no chemistry, flow or any semblance of confidence, or belief in a system. It is a complete mess out there. To be frank, the roster overhaul has only hurt and not helped. This team was in a decent position before the major changes, if it ain't broke why fix it? Buckle up, it is only going to get uglier.

At least this season is a huge improvement over last year's pathetic display. However, I am not liking the current direction of this team, as I think they have taken a few steps back.

I think that's a bit pre mature. We're still in a play off position. And it's tough to have chemistry when all of our players have been getting injured or suspended lately.

I want to see Ulisses in the Caps uniform. Anybody know what the deal is there?

@hosea24hours: Whitecaps Dane Richards, who is in final year of MLS contract, will join Burnley FC next season.

the lack of continuity is getting a little annoying..

So now what do we have to show for Le Toux? This is more than annoying. Seems strange that footballers can negotiate with other clubs while their season with their own club is still going on. This would be called tampering in most other professional leagues.

Richards looked like he was on his way to the Championship last night.

:towel::canucks:

Le Toux and Richards have identical since switching teams, yet Le Toux is still under contract with NY next season.

If we don't make the playoffs this season will have turned out to be a disaster. We blew up 3rd place team, to try to put together a contender and have won 2 games since (2 month span).

Yes Robson, Miller, O'Brien, and Richards have all been upgrades from a technical stance, but the chemistry that took a year and 1/2 to build with Chiumento, Hassli, and Le Toux (yes I know he was added this year) was thrown out the window, and we have to start from scratch again.

6 weeks to the playoffs, with a 5 point lead over Dallas. Dallas plays LA tonight.

Le Toux and Richards have identical since switching teams, yet Le Toux is still under contract with NY next season.

If we don't make the playoffs this season will have turned out to be a disaster. We blew up 3rd place team, to try to put together a contender and have won 2 games since (2 month span).

Yes Robson, Miller, O'Brien, and Richards have all been upgrades from a technical stance, but the chemistry that took a year and 1/2 to build with Chiumento, Hassli, and Le Toux (yes I know he was added this year) was thrown out the window, and we have to start from scratch again.

6 weeks to the playoffs, with a 5 point lead over Dallas. Dallas plays LA tonight.

You're missing a key word for comprehension there, Kamero89. Care to fill us in? :)

The rest of the season, all 7 games are against the West. 4 at home and 3 on the road. No game is more important than any other except for the Dallas match on the 15th. And it would be nice to collect 10 of 12 points in the remaining home games, too.

The squad looked a mess last night and hopefully, there are not a whole bunch more changes to come during the playoff push. This team needs to get it together quickly!

Dallas / LA will be interesting with both teams fighting for that 4th spot. I hate to cheer for one over the other, but, go FC Dallas!

Do we really want Dallas to win that game, or do we want LA to win? I think it would be better if LA won, we then are only 3 points back of them, and Dallas is still 5 points back. I'd feel safer being 5 points up on 6th and 3 points back on 4th than being tied for 4th and having Dallas only 2 points back.

Do we really want Dallas to win that game, or do we want LA to win? I think it would be better if LA won, we then are only 3 points back of them, and Dallas is still 5 points back. I'd feel safer being 5 points up on 6th and 3 points back on 4th than being tied for 4th and having Dallas only 2 points back.

You're right, KevinB. For some reason, I was thinking it was the top 4 from each conference who made the playoffs instead of the top 5. Your scenario makes total sense. :)

Go, LA!

Edited by lof

LA and Seattle look really good right now, although we're still in striking distance catching them seems less and less likely. If we make the playoffs it will probably be at the 5th seed (one game playoff, winner has a 2 game total goal series against #1 seed in west) and will probably be against LA, or Seattle. That game will be on the road.

The Whitecaps HAVE to learn how to win on the road. Tied for 1st in MLS with only 2 home losses, but 2nd last in away wins.

The caps have a hard time involving their fans into games outside the south end(supporters section). An official team fight song would do that. I was in Salt Lake earlier this year, and watched an RSL game, and their fight song "Believe" is the catchiest thing, and the whole stadium sings it.

RSL paid the drummer from Rancid to compose this song, so instead of a support group just stealing a song and changing its lyrics, it should be composed by a local.

I think it was a dumb move to get rid of Hassli, he was the heart of the team and a fan fav.I don't like the look of the team at all, for one i can't stand Robson all he does on the pitch is yell at everyone his act is going to piss some of the players off sooner then later not a good fit at all.Miller hasn't done much because he hasn't play that much either.I rather see Mattocks play more.Rennie obviously been Scottish is going to wanna play his two countrymen more which I think it's dumb.Robson should come off the bench.Ever since Davide Chiumiento has left this team has gone from been 7 pts out of 1st place in the west to dropping to 5 place and holding off Dallas FC and don't count of Chivas USA as they have games in hand.All and all I think Rennie was an idiot for dismantling a third place team for this crap team now.

I think it was a dumb move to get rid of Hassli, he was the heart of the team and a fan fav.I don't like the look of the team at all, for one i can't stand Robson all he does on the pitch is yell at everyone his act is going to piss some of the players off sooner then later not a good fit at all.Miller hasn't done much because he hasn't play that much either.I rather see Mattocks play more.Rennie obviously been Scottish is going to wanna play his two countrymen more which I think it's dumb.Robson should come off the bench.Ever since Davide Chiumiento has left this team has gone from been 7 pts out of 1st place in the west to dropping to 5 place and holding off Dallas FC and don't count of Chivas USA as they have games in hand.All and all I think Rennie was an idiot for dismantling a third place team for this crap team now.

So we should have kept paying Hassli the big bucks, to sit on the bench? When he did start the games he could barely finish them. Great talent obviously, but not worth the money we were paying him.

Wait to judge all the new players until the end of the season. There is still plenty of time for them to prove you wrong.

The caps have a hard time involving their fans into games outside the south end(supporters section). An official team fight song would do that. I was in Salt Lake earlier this year, and watched an RSL game, and their fight song "Believe" is the catchiest thing, and the whole stadium sings it.

RSL paid the drummer from Rancid to compose this song, so instead of a support group just stealing a song and changing its lyrics, it should be composed by a local.

Boundary Road is pretty good, but nobody really knows it aside the from the Southsiders.

So we should have kept paying Hassli the big bucks, to sit on the bench? When he did start the games he could barely finish them. Great talent obviously, but not worth the money we were paying him.

Wait to judge all the new players until the end of the season. There is still plenty of time for them to prove you wrong.

I rather kept paying Hassli then Robson or Miller anygiven day atleast Hassli even when he played or as you say barely played he did something on the pitch unlike these two.Hassli is even chipping in with TFC.I won't be renew my season tickets next season any how if anything I rather see them have some more Canadian internationals.

Edited by Mclean1

I rather kept paying Hassli then Robson or Miller anygiven day atleast Hassli even when he played or as you say barely played he did something on the pitch unlike these two.Hassli is even chipping in with TFC.I won't be renew my season tickets next season any how if anything I rather see them have some more Canadian internationals.

As much as Robson can rub people the wrong way, he is solid. He controls the midfield really well with Koffie. I would love to see him stop barking at all his team mates though, doing that all game isn't going to accomplish much. I'm in the same boat as you right now, I'm not a fan of the mid season overhaul, but I think the team just needs to build a bit of chemistry.