The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Did DeMerit actually turn down 32 mill? Because I'm not able to find news of it anywhere else on the internet or google apart from his one tweet.

It was a sarcastic tweet. After the Portland game he ran into a bunch of 'Caps fans at a bar, sat with them, and paid the bill http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/01/mls-captain-jay-demerit-foots-bill-for-fans/

Rival fans were tweeting him, sarcastically about how much he loves Vancouver, and he was just playing off of it.

Did DeMerit actually turn down 32 mill? Because I'm not able to find news of it anywhere else on the internet or google apart from his one tweet.

Lol, well no way is demerit worth anywhere close to $32 mil in transfer, a top european club like man city wouldn't be after a player like him, and the mls transfer window is already closed so.. no.

• 2 weeks later...

Dallas is a disgrace...but regardless of that and the reffing, the caps really need to start figuring out their problems. They either seem unmotivated or just don't make the 'common sense' plays. Too many times I've seen hopeful passes or ones that just expect too much of a player. Hopefully the home stretch will make that progression faster.

Chummy>>>Robson.

Hassli>>>>Miller.

Le Toux>>>>>Richards.

Yeah GREAT move blowing up the team when we were in 3rd place Rennie. We have 2 wins in last 3 1/2 months because you wanted two Scotland players.

Was just going to ask why we traded Hassli. (Dont follow the Caps too much, but I do care to catch games then and now)

I remember the Caps being great with him. He was my favourite Caps player, though tbh I cant list many.

Was just going to ask why we traded Hassli. (Dont follow the Caps too much, but I do care to catch games then and now)

I remember the Caps being great with him. He was my favourite Caps player, though tbh I cant list many.

Hassli was in Rennie's dog house. He was not starting him that often, despite his only 2 goals this year were GWG.

Mattocks is our top scorer and Rennie decided to start his teenage idol Miller. I think Rennie is just a giant fan of Robson and Miller. Makes sense. He grew up watching them in Scotland.