The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Again, not a fan of Rennie's starting line up selection. Thorrington in for Camilo? That should be an obvious choice... Brazil > South Africa. I'm not a huge fan of O'Brien either, I prefer Bonjour quite a bit more. Is there any word on the extent of the injuries to Mattocks and Thorrington?

I agree about the Camilo thing, but we had a clean sheet against the #3 scoring team in the league. O'Brien did a good job.

I agree about the Camilo thing, but we had a clean sheet against the #3 scoring team in the league. O'Brien did a good job.

O'Brien played well defensively, but, he plays like a 1970's fullback when he has the ball at his feet. Almost every time he started an attack, the ball was heaved 50 yards forward to Seattle. No thought at all. I know he's not in there to score goals, but, he's not in there to turn possession over in 3 seconds, either.

Again, not a fan of Rennie's starting line up selection. Thorrington in for Camilo? That should be an obvious choice... Brazil > South Africa. I'm not a huge fan of O'Brien either, I prefer Bonjour quite a bit more. Is there any word on the extent of the injuries to Mattocks and Thorrington?

I dunno, I'm not impressed with Bonjour, he seems to make bad choices and gets caught out of position. Dave Pratt stated that there's a rift between Robson and Demerit. Apparently Lenarduzzi has even admitted this. Chemistry problems?

I dunno, I'm not impressed with Bonjour, he seems to make bad choices and gets caught out of position. Dave Pratt stated that there's a rift between Robson and Demerit. Apparently Lenarduzzi has even admitted this. Chemistry problems?

Hopefully this is all just rumours, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Robson has been really demanding, almost as if he is acting as captain. Jay is no doubt the leader of this team, but Robson seems to take things too far sometimes when he's yelling at his team mates or complaining to the officials.

I'm a Robson fan, the guy has talent and he's a hard worker, but sometimes I shake my head at his demands/complains/etc. Great 1st half for Van! Had the majority of possession and they're looking deadly. Love Richards' speed, great finish too. Koffie's shot was perfect, and hopefully Miller is just taking extra precautions. a third hamstring injury would be a big blow.

Great game. Only real problem is that Dane Richards is now a threat we can use upfront.

Also damn, the 'Caps need to do something about Wednesday attendance. They are always near a sell out on weekend games

? Why is that a bad thing? Aren't options usually good?

Promising result, but let's be honest, it was Chivas. With Dallas having two matches left with these guys, it seems inevitable that the Caps are going to need at least one more result. Hopefully, that's Portland in a couple of weeks.

Good news is that the long break should give these hammies some time to heal up....

Great game. Only real problem is that Dane Richards is now a threat we can use upfront.

Also damn, the 'Caps need to do something about Wednesday attendance. They are always near a sell out on weekend games

Its not just Wednesday game the 18k on a Sunday against Colorado was also very low compared to the rest of our games. Its no big secret this teams struggles/changes are 100% to blame for the lowerish attendance. In fact the whitecaps were really pushing to sell-out all the remaining games and had some great deals for tickets 50% off a while back for any of the games on this remaining home-stand.. to only sell out the cascadia games is a huge disapointment.