Tenacious

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Rate this topic:

3,286 posts in this topic

Double post, Sorry!

Edited by KevinB

Again, not a fan of Rennie's starting line up selection. Thorrington in for Camilo? That should be an obvious choice... Brazil > South Africa. I'm not a huge fan of O'Brien either, I prefer Bonjour quite a bit more. Is there any word on the extent of the injuries to Mattocks and Thorrington?

I agree about the Camilo thing, but we had a clean sheet against the #3 scoring team in the league. O'Brien did a good job.

I agree about the Camilo thing, but we had a clean sheet against the #3 scoring team in the league. O'Brien did a good job.

O'Brien played well defensively, but, he plays like a 1970's fullback when he has the ball at his feet. Almost every time he started an attack, the ball was heaved 50 yards forward to Seattle. No thought at all. I know he's not in there to score goals, but, he's not in there to turn possession over in 3 seconds, either.

Again, not a fan of Rennie's starting line up selection. Thorrington in for Camilo? That should be an obvious choice... Brazil > South Africa. I'm not a huge fan of O'Brien either, I prefer Bonjour quite a bit more. Is there any word on the extent of the injuries to Mattocks and Thorrington?

I dunno, I'm not impressed with Bonjour, he seems to make bad choices and gets caught out of position. Dave Pratt stated that there's a rift between Robson and Demerit. Apparently Lenarduzzi has even admitted this. Chemistry problems?

Base-bore is on when it should be the Caps game!

Edited by Wh!stler R!der

I was jacked up to watch this game only to have base-bore continue to cut into real sports programming... I hate how long baseball games take! Turn on the Caps game S-PAC!

It is on spac, they cut away from baseball for it

lol sucks that dallas plays this team twice in their last 3.

No kidding. Caps better shape up these last few games.

I dunno, I'm not impressed with Bonjour, he seems to make bad choices and gets caught out of position. Dave Pratt stated that there's a rift between Robson and Demerit. Apparently Lenarduzzi has even admitted this. Chemistry problems?

Hopefully this is all just rumours, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Robson has been really demanding, almost as if he is acting as captain. Jay is no doubt the leader of this team, but Robson seems to take things too far sometimes when he's yelling at his team mates or complaining to the officials.

I'm a Robson fan, the guy has talent and he's a hard worker, but sometimes I shake my head at his demands/complains/etc. Great 1st half for Van! Had the majority of possession and they're looking deadly. Love Richards' speed, great finish too. Koffie's shot was perfect, and hopefully Miller is just taking extra precautions. a third hamstring injury would be a big blow.

Looking great so far at 2-0! That is huge! Sorry about the spaz before. I am really impressed with Sportsnet I remember last year there was a baseball game that went over a Canucks Preseason game and a lot of people were pissed.

yes! needed camilo to get a goal so badly. hopefully he can hit the net with a few over the next couple games.

Solid game by everyone tonight, really needed a performance like that. Hopefully Canada can do the same in their qualifiers and the Caps can carry they're momentum into the Portland game.

Great game. Only real problem is that Dane Richards is now a threat we can use upfront.

Also damn, the 'Caps need to do something about Wednesday attendance. They are always near a sell out on weekend games

Great game. Only real problem is that Dane Richards is now a threat we can use upfront.

Also damn, the 'Caps need to do something about Wednesday attendance. They are always near a sell out on weekend games

? Why is that a bad thing? Aren't options usually good?

Promising result, but let's be honest, it was Chivas. With Dallas having two matches left with these guys, it seems inevitable that the Caps are going to need at least one more result. Hopefully, that's Portland in a couple of weeks.

Good news is that the long break should give these hammies some time to heal up....

? Why is that a bad thing? Aren't options usually good?

lol I was not being serious.

Its not just Wednesday game the 18k on a Sunday against Colorado was also very low compared to the rest of our games. Its no big secret this teams struggles/changes are 100% to blame for the lowerish attendance. In fact the whitecaps were really pushing to sell-out all the remaining games and had some great deals for tickets 50% off a while back for any of the games on this remaining home-stand.. to only sell out the cascadia games is a huge disapointment.