The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I thought they'd be cheaper too, but it looks like they're the same price around the whole league. The non-authentic version is apparently $70.

I'm going to the next home game, and I can't decide what I should buy... a scarf and a shirt or just the jersey. DECISIONS!

A scarf will make ya look like a South-sider! Yikes! Is this ever an old post. Hope you've purchased all 3 items by now. Edited by viking mama

I suppose it's the same reason we don't see any Matthieu Schneider jerseys around Vancouver, and to some extent Pavol Demitra uniforms. People want to have the names of the long-term or star players on their jerseys. Furthermore, most fans aren't familiar with the players, so it's a wait-and-see approach for the majority. It's tough to relate to any of the players at such any early point in this team's existence.

To answer your question, it's tough to begin liking a player without first learning a bit about him. The very first thing that comes to mind is how well that player can play and/or represent the team. It'll take a few years to learn about each player's individual personality, so that might not be a factor for most fans until next season. Unless you've followed soccer previously, the players are still a complete mystery. Putting a random name on your jersey without any prior knowledge and then realizing that player is the worst player on the team is not something you can sleep easy knowing.

I hope nobody rushed out to buy one of these:

14032_s.jpg

Pavol Demitra - RIP. Sometimes it's cool when a player comes along with a name that's just too rich to pass on....like "Willie Johnson" or "Carl Valentine". Nothin' wrong with wearing a classic retro jersey...especially when that name is somethin' extra-ordinary... or associated with a Championship. Edited by viking mama

First Koffie gets his Canadian citizenship now Camillo.

http://www.whitecaps...7/camilo-canada

With Benito Floro taking over it can only be an improvement over Hart for our national program and hopefully a couple of nice additions if these guys end up donning the red and white.

Wait so Camilo can play for Canada?!?!? if this is true... Oh man... Gives them some legit scoring.

Wait so Camilo can play for Canada?!?!? if this is true... Oh man... Gives them some legit scoring.

They both need to live in the country for five years before they can represent Canada at official Fifa games. So, for our next WCQ they will be ready if they stay in the country and Floro gives them the call.

They both need to live in the country for five years before they can represent Canada at official Fifa games. So, for our next WCQ they will be ready if they stay in the country and Floro gives them the call.

Good stuff. Thank you for sharing. Very excited I might be able to watch a White Caps player of Camilo's calibre don the Red and White.

Edited by Metrobalb

Disappointed to see Knighton's reaction at the end of the game. At first I was annoyed that they brought in Ousted since it reminded me of last season when we were rolling and they decided to add players to the mix. After seeing Knighton's reaction I can understand why they may be looking elsewhere.

Disappointed to see Knighton's reaction at the end of the game. At first I was annoyed that they brought in Ousted since it reminded me of last season when we were rolling and they decided to add players to the mix. After seeing Knighton's reaction I can understand why they may be looking elsewhere.

Sloppy play in extra time, and the Caps defenders leave a guy alone in the box. I'd be *issed as well. The guy hates to lose, nothing wrong with that.

What happened? All I saw was Knighton chucking the ball out of the net and storming off after the final whistle went. Was there more to this?

He's also on the MLS all-star team! :)

It's a good accomplishment, but also not something that we our players to be a part of. It's not like the NHL all star game where players play half-assed. They are playing a team from Europe and are expected to beat them to try and prove NA has skills. We don't need our players to be playing more when it's not necessary and risk injury.

Luckily Camilo should only be a sub, but there is a reason why Whitecaps fans didn't try to ballot stuff to get our players into this game.

What happened? All I saw was Knighton chucking the ball out of the net and storming off after the final whistle went. Was there more to this?

He apologized about it and moved on. He's got a lot of pressure on him now with Ousted ready to take over at any given time. He is a competitor and was pissed off that the team gave up and could have costed him his starting spot. He knows that if he continues his clean sheets, there's no way he can be pulled out. Rennie should be smart enough though to realize that Knighton played another strong game and should start again against LA.