The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

So.

What now?

Now we wait for next year.

And I think there's reason to be optimistic about next season. The Caps have some good young talent on their roster. Especially at forward: Manneh (18); Mattocks (23); and the almost-forgotten Salgado (20). And Camilo is only 25.

At midfield we have Tiebert (20), Hurtado (22) and Koffie (22).

Manneh's play alone in these last two games has to give Caps fans hopes for next year when, presumably, he can play a full season. Could be terrific to watch.

Whether Rennie is the coach to develop this young talent is something that will probably be discussed here at length.

But the Whitecaps could have a promising future.

• Upvote 1

YP Lee and Mitchell took days off today. Was frustrating to watch.

Mitchell especially. I also thought Ousted butchered that second goal. And I probably would have brought Kenny Miller in a little bit earlier.

Anyone have Ousted's record as keeper? It can't have been much better than Knighton's. Brad was having an incredible season, he was the goalie when the Caps had that great stretch during the early summer, but Rennie seemed hellbent on playing Ousted.

edit: Knighton was 6-3-2, Ousted 3-5-4.

Edited by oh captain my captain

Now we wait for next year.

And I think there's reason to be optimistic about next season. The Caps have some good young talent on their roster. Especially at forward: Manneh (18); Mattocks (23); and the almost-forgotten Salgado (20). And Camilo is only 25.

At midfield we have Tiebert (20), Hurtado (22) and Koffie (22).

Manneh's play alone in these last two games has to give Caps fans hopes for next year when, presumably, he can play a full season. Could be terrific to watch.

Whether Rennie is the coach to develop this young talent is something that will probably be discussed here at length.

But the Whitecaps could have a promising future.

The Caps need a coach that can figure out a starting lineup from game ONE. Home country commitments withstanding, very seldom did Rennie ever put out a side that looked like it was capable of winning. If the coach doesn't know his players well enough, he shouldn't be coaching. I agree with you, they do have some great young possibilities, but the Caps need someone to develop them into talented players.

Mitchell especially. I also thought Ousted butchered that second goal. And I probably would have brought Kenny Miller in a little bit earlier.

Anyone have Ousted's record as keeper? It can't have been much better than Knighton's. Brad was having an incredible season, he was the goalie when the Caps had that great stretch during the early summer, but Rennie seemed hellbent on playing Ousted.

edit: Knighton was 6-3-2, Ousted 3-5-4.

I didn't figure that out either. It wasn't like Knighton was doing horrible.

Again, can we please please sell Mitchell... and Jordan Harvey as well. Bring in two decent fullbacks next season and a deep lying playmaker.

I love Koffie, Watson, Reo-Coker, and Davidson, but you just cannot have 3 of them in the starting eleven, it becomes way too redundant.

Hatty for Camilo gives him the Golden Boot in an outright win. Amazing player! I didn't realize he's planning to play internationally for Canada. That'll be huge.

Great send off for YP Lee as well. What a night at BC Place

I think it goes to show you just how good Brazil is... We see Camilo play on a regular basis and are amazed at his talent, but he doesn't even get a sniff at the national team.

As you said, great way to send YP into retirement. A lot of class shown by all involved, (Fans, officials and the Rapids) for a guy who's always been a class act himself.

Looking forward to next year already...

I think it goes to show you just how good Brazil is... We see Camilo play on a regular basis and are amazed at his talent, but he doesn't even get a sniff at the national team.

Yeah good point. I thought he'd be one of Brazil's top players, but I guess in comparison to the squad they have, he doesn't even warrant a look. Canada's gain though. Goodness knows our side could use a hand.

And it's not unheard of. Karina Leblanc and Lauren Sesselman are both Americans but they play internationally for Canada and both helped our women's squad win Bronze at the Olympics. We need to take advantage of players wanting to play for us. It's the only way to move up the rankings.

Yeah good point. I thought he'd be one of Brazil's top players, but I guess in comparison to the squad they have, he doesn't even warrant a look. Canada's gain though. Goodness knows our side could use a hand.

And it's not unheard of. Karina Leblanc and Lauren Sesselman are both Americans but they play internationally for Canada and both helped our women's squad win Bronze at the Olympics. We need to take advantage of players wanting to play for us. It's the only way to move up the rankings.

Absolutely. Since our best sprinters are transplanted Jamaicans...;)

Besides, it's not like we haven't been on the losing end as well. (Brett Hull, Lennox Lewis, Mary Pierce, Owen Hargreaves....)