The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Another lacklustre effort by the Whitecaps.

I don't know what the Caps did over the World Cup break but they haven't been the same team since they got back.

And next they have to face the Sounders. Hopefully they get their act together otherwise that game could be a home embarrassment.

Gotta wonder if Robinson still thinks they deserved that week off ;)

I sat 10 or so rows directly below the gang of Sounder supporters at the Caps game last night. I really don't mind the atmosphere passionate fans bring to games. This was my first Whitecaps game and I picked Seattle purposely cause they are a top team and I knew it would be packed with both Cap and Sounder fans. And like I said, I didn't mind the Sounders gang, or whatever they are called, chanting non stop all game, beating the drums, etc. The drums are kinda cool actually. And the Southsiders are way on the opposite side of the pitch so I couldn't hear them once all game cause of the Sounders gang.

Now having said that, what I found pathetic was the Sounders gang are allowed vulgar chants all game, lots of F bombs and blow me chants, stuff like that. The swearing didnt bother me but I dont think some parents with little kids were too amused. But what I found pathetic was not only are the Sounders gang allowed to spew obscenities all game lead by a guy on a megaphone. but security moved in on one lone guy who was barking back at them all game. Here's one guy just looking up to their section and talking some junk and getting a laugh from the crowd and he gets kicked out of the game. 10 or more security people swarm this guy like he's some kind of major threat, kick him out , then go back to standing guard by these American Sounder supporters so that no one could upset them.

LOL, we Canadians can be pretty ass backwards sometimes. I could never imagine that same scenario play out in the states at a Sounders game.

So there's going to be a Whitecaps USL minor/reserve team based out of New Westminster next year for the main squad to directly farm its players out to. Will be good for development.

Edited by g_bassi13

So there's going to be a Whitecaps USL minor/reserve team based out of New Westminster next year for the main squad to directly farm its players out to. Will be good for development.

agreed, better than having to loan our players to a team in North Carolina. I like having the idea of having a local affiliate, we can keep a better eye on our prospects.

I sat 10 or so rows directly below the gang of Sounder supporters at the Caps game last night. I really don't mind the atmosphere passionate fans bring to games. This was my first Whitecaps game and I picked Seattle purposely cause they are a top team and I knew it would be packed with both Cap and Sounder fans. And like I said, I didn't mind the Sounders gang, or whatever they are called, chanting non stop all game, beating the drums, etc. The drums are kinda cool actually. And the Southsiders are way on the opposite side of the pitch so I couldn't hear them once all game cause of the Sounders gang.

Now having said that, what I found pathetic was the Sounders gang are allowed vulgar chants all game, lots of F bombs and blow me chants, stuff like that. The swearing didnt bother me but I dont think some parents with little kids were too amused. But what I found pathetic was not only are the Sounders gang allowed to spew obscenities all game lead by a guy on a megaphone. but security moved in on one lone guy who was barking back at them all game. Here's one guy just looking up to their section and talking some junk and getting a laugh from the crowd and he gets kicked out of the game. 10 or more security people swarm this guy like he's some kind of major threat, kick him out , then go back to standing guard by these American Sounder supporters so that no one could upset them.

LOL, we Canadians can be pretty ass backwards sometimes. I could never imagine that same scenario play out in the states at a Sounders game.

In soccer, one section of the stadium is usually reserved for the rival fans while other sections are for the home fans. The fan of the home team sitting in the rival section is the idiot here and security did the right thing to remove him from that area. Go to any soccer stadium outside of North America and you will realize that things kind of work differently when it comes to soccer stadiums versus a hockey arena where all the fans are usually mixed.

do we even have another natural LB?

19 Year old academy product Sam Adekugbe is a natural left back and will likely start against Toronto. He looked great against Colorado at the end of last season, and should hopefully slot in well.

In soccer, one section of the stadium is usually reserved for the rival fans while other sections are for the home fans. The fan of the home team sitting in the rival section is the idiot here and security did the right thing to remove him from that area. Go to any soccer stadium outside of North America and you will realize that things kind of work differently when it comes to soccer stadiums versus a hockey arena where all the fans are usually mixed.

What are talking about? I was sitting even closer than he was. The Sounder clowns were all together surrounded by security. I was about 12 rows below them and this guy was about 15. Where do you suggest he should have been sitting? Outside in the parking lot?

Edited by Gross-Misconduct

Match sounded like a gong-show from an officiating stand point.

Had to miss it, but i don't regret it now.

...and folks here complain about NHL officiating, including me. Even the World Cup has questionable calls, or non-calls. The average fan like me, finds it hard to distinguish between a yellow or nothing, what a hard tackle is, or isn't. Don't get me started on the diving stuff, Robben looks like he's being shot every time the ball is near him. The MLS had better vet these officials again in the off season, the memo's didn't reach all the officials yet.

...and folks here complain about NHL officiating, including me. Even the World Cup has questionable calls, or non-calls. The average fan like me, finds it hard to distinguish between a yellow or nothing, what a hard tackle is, or isn't. Don't get me started on the diving stuff, Robben looks like he's being shot every time the ball is near him. The MLS had better vet these officials again in the off season, the memo's didn't reach all the officials yet.

Its not only the officiating..Robinson keeps trotting out the same lineup game in, game out..Hurtado and Maneh havent scored in ages..the defence is poor so the answer is to bench O"Brien,, I dont get many of these decisions and when do they plan to replace their international player,,or are they saving money?

• Upvote 1

Its not only the officiating..Robinson keeps trotting out the same lineup game in, game out..Hurtado and Maneh havent scored in ages..the defence is poor so the answer is to bench O"Brien,, I dont get many of these decisions and when do they plan to replace their international player,,or are they saving money?

This guy is a clone of last years coach Renney. I agree, they scored goals in bunches at the beginning of the season, and for the life of me I don't get their defense strategy at all. They can't mark guys in the box at all. Boils down to the guy at the top of the heap, Bobby, and I've said before, how does he keep smelling like a rose?

And replace manneh and Hurtado with who exactly? And O'brien isn't being benched, he is hurt!

Edited by bolt