2531 replies to this topic

#1081 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Beckham has physically grab a reg by his shirt once this year, and NOTHING happened. It was not violent, but rule states it's the same as kicking the ball at a ref.

Either way 0 shots on target are awful. Kenny Miller has not been better than Hassli.

No surprise Beckham doesn't get suspended for something other that accumulating too many yellow cards. What would the MLS do without him...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Brad Marchand, 18 August 2012 - 05:29 PM.

Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#1082 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

I really loved Hassli. His tenacity is second to none. I'm really angered by Renneys decision. Hassli was the fan fave, no competition. Really didn't get no fair chance this year.

Big fan of Robson however. Seems like a great vocal leader. Don't understand how you can suspend a player a night before a huge match :rolleyes:

Proud GM of Edmonton-CDCGML

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#1083 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

Well that was pathetic. 0 shots on goal. Don't look now but Dallas is only 5 points back of the last spot... I don't want to call next week in Portland a must win but its pretty damn close.

#1084 Hobbes!!!

Hobbes!!!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

Went to the Dallas game. Was so dissapointed.

Watched the Sounders game and was dissapointed in the effort again.

I've noticed a few times where Miller is whining to the ref with his hands in the air while the play goes right past him. I hope he can stop pulling a Kesler and start actually playing the game.

#1085 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,643 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

I really had higher hopes for that game.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#1086 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,131 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

The Whitecaps always seem to make one trade too many.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#1087 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Did anybody see any of the DC vs. PHI game today? The officiating was absolutely terrible. Check out the highlights if you didn't see them already. There has been a few games this season for the Caps where they have had poor officiating. The MLS has some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in any league. What do you guys think about the MLS officials?

#1088 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Did anybody see any of the DC vs. PHI game today? The officiating was absolutely terrible. Check out the highlights if you didn't see them already. There has been a few games this season for the Caps where they have had poor officiating. The MLS has some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in any league. What do you guys think about the MLS officials?

Yeah there's no conspiracy against the Caps if that's what some ppl feel. MLS officiating is simply poor at the best of the times.. I think the best ref in the league is that mexican Guzman or sth? Toledo used to be widely known as the worst but i think there's a bunch of new guys whom have surpassed him by a long shot. The canadian pair of refs are at that bottom of the barrel.

#1089 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yeah there's no conspiracy against the Caps if that's what some ppl feel. MLS officiating is simply poor at the best of the times.. I think the best ref in the league is that mexican Guzman or sth? Toledo used to be widely known as the worst but i think there's a bunch of new guys whom have surpassed him by a long shot. The canadian pair of refs are at that bottom of the barrel.

Yeah, they are just poor. Two games today had MAJOR reffing issues. Watch Dc/Philly game, and Port/NY to see. This clip is a perfect microcosm of MLS refs. It's from Portland/Red Bulls game, and is the only instance I have ever seen of a goal counting after a ref has blown the play dead.

#1090 Hobbes!!!

Hobbes!!!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

I quite enjoyed his finger wag at 0:37

#1091 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Another suspension. Koffie banned one match for "endangering his opponent." I can't recall anything that was worth a suspension, did anybody else? Maybe there's a highlight of it or something but I can't find it. Hopefully the team can pull out a much needed W without him.

http://www.whitecaps...inary-committee

#1092 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Another suspension. Koffie banned one match for "endangering his opponent." I can't recall anything that was worth a suspension, did anybody else? Maybe there's a highlight of it or something but I can't find it. Hopefully the team can pull out a much needed W without him.

http://www.whitecaps...inary-committee

<_<
Has anything happened since the RSL game that HASN'T made people want to flip over a table?

Yeah, they are just poor. Two games today had MAJOR reffing issues. Watch Dc/Philly game, and Port/NY to see. This clip is a perfect microcosm of MLS refs. It's from Portland/Red Bulls game, and is the only instance I have ever seen of a goal counting after a ref has blown the play dead.

LOL at the commentator saying he doesn't understand why the Timbers were arguing the call.

#1093 canucks-fan-in-oz

canucks-fan-in-oz

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

Was it just in Australia, or did Tim Cahill's signing to the Red Bulls get much attention? Personally I think he is a bit overrated (Australia's Golden Child of soccer) but it was all over the news here!

#1094 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

Was it just in Australia, or did Tim Cahill's signing to the Red Bulls get much attention? Personally I think he is a bit overrated (Australia's Golden Child of soccer) but it was all over the news here!

lol a bit of attention, but not exactly front page news in NY.

#1095 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

One of the worst performances of the year in the biggest game, so far.

It would have been nice if the team could have scored an equalizer for Cannon after his blunder. If it weren't for Joe, the 'Caps would be a long way out of a playoff spot right now.

Mattocks looked like a little baby pouting on the bench all night. Then, when he finally gets on the pitch, he sh!ts the bed again with another red card. He's more of a head case than Hasseli was! No doubt he has talent, but, it seems every time he sets foot on the pitch there is a card waving in his face.

Mattocks, Robson, Richards, Davidson, Bonjour. The 'Caps are developing a poor reputation in MLS. Mattocks and Richards have 7 cautions each! Conspiracy or dumb asses?

:towel: :canucks:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

#1096 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

As much as I love fresh, experienced faces... I think I fell in love with our early season team and I enjoyed their play better

Don't get me wrong, Miller/O'Brien/Richards are great, but Le Toux/Hassli/Bonjour/Chiumiento brought a better product.

Huge mistake letting Hassli and Le Toux go.

Posted Image
Formerly Hockeyfans101/Lapierre's Gawk

Thank you for the badass sig, Insom-

#1097 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

We dismantled a 3rd place team for this!?

#1098 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

Wow just watched the game and where to begin... from start to finish this team, the broadcast in a whole is becoming almost unwatchable. Lets start with McEwan and Dolan.. i understand having a home side bias but its way beyond that. Dolan is okay, but man Mcewan sounds like a amateur broadcaster to me.

Whitecaps just look like they have zero chemistry out there, i certainly believe overhauling a third of your roster half way thru the season has a big part to do with that. There's no doubt the talent is better but its just not working. We are already one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and the play of late just makes things so much more unbearable to watch. Cannon i like you but that performance was uglyyyyyy. Every gk went flying out of bounds, i think we really need to look for a new keeper next season. YP Lee had a very bad game as well, i think the season is starting to wear on him. He was great in the RSL game after a long layoff but his play's starting to drop off.

I thought for sure tonight was as close as you could come to a guaranteed win.. 9 game win less Portland was the better team by miles. Not sure this team will make the playoffs.

#1099 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

One of the worst performances of the year in the biggest game, so far.

It would have been nice if the team could have scored an equalizer for Cannon after his blunder. If it weren't for Joe, the 'Caps would be a long way out of a playoff spot right now.

Mattocks looked like a little baby pouting on the bench all night. Then, when he finally gets on the pitch, he sh!ts the bed again with another red card. He's more of a head case than Hasseli was! No doubt he has talent, but, it seems every time he sets foot on the pitch there is a card waving in his face.

Mattocks, Robson, Richards, Davidson, Bonjour. The 'Caps are developing a poor reputation in MLS. Mattocks and Richards have 7 cautions each! Conspiracy or dumb asses?

Mattocks is a rookie, give him time. And keep in mind he's our leading scorer. Hassli was being paid far too much to sit on the bench. Not sure how you can say he sh*t the bed, the team started attacking a lot more when he came into the game. His red card was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, and I watch a lot of soccer. Not deserving at all. MLS really needs to look into some new officials because again, they displayed some poor quality officiating.

#1100 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

Wow just watched the game and where to begin... from start to finish this team, the broadcast in a whole is becoming almost unwatchable. Lets start with McEwan and Dolan.. i understand having a home side bias but its way beyond that. Dolan is okay, but man Mcewan sounds like a amateur broadcaster to me.

Whitecaps just look like they have zero chemistry out there, i certainly believe overhauling a third of your roster half way thru the season has a big part to do with that. There's no doubt the talent is better but its just not working. We are already one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and the play of late just makes things so much more unbearable to watch. Cannon i like you but that performance was uglyyyyyy. Every gk went flying out of bounds, i think we really need to look for a new keeper next season. YP Lee had a very bad game as well, i think the season is starting to wear on him. He was great in the RSL game after a long layoff but his play's starting to drop off.

I thought for sure tonight was as close as you could come to a guaranteed win.. 9 game win less Portland was the better team by miles. Not sure this team will make the playoffs.

No game is a guaranteed win in professional sports...

#1101 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

Too many Brits, simple. Is it me, or all Barry Robson does is give his own players *hit all game? This team can't complete three consecutive passes, let alone control the game. Terrible officiating as well, MLS has a long way to go.

#1102 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

This team will not make the playoffs. The season is crashing folks.. you can see that the team has no chemistry, flow or any semblance of confidence, or belief in a system. It is a complete mess out there. To be frank, the roster overhaul has only hurt and not helped. This team was in a decent position before the major changes, if it ain't broke why fix it? Buckle up, it is only going to get uglier.

At least this season is a huge improvement over last year's pathetic display. However, I am not liking the current direction of this team, as I think they have taken a few steps back.

#1103 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

This team will not make the playoffs. The season is crashing folks.. you can see that the team has no chemistry, flow or any semblance of confidence, or belief in a system. It is a complete mess out there. To be frank, the roster overhaul has only hurt and not helped. This team was in a decent position before the major changes, if it ain't broke why fix it? Buckle up, it is only going to get uglier.

At least this season is a huge improvement over last year's pathetic display. However, I am not liking the current direction of this team, as I think they have taken a few steps back.

I think that's a bit pre mature. We're still in a play off position. And it's tough to have chemistry when all of our players have been getting injured or suspended lately.

I want to see Ulisses in the Caps uniform. Anybody know what the deal is there?

#1104 jbrizzy

jbrizzy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

@hosea24hours: Whitecaps Dane Richards, who is in final year of MLS contract, will join Burnley FC next season.

the lack of continuity is getting a little annoying..

#1105 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

@hosea24hours: Whitecaps Dane Richards, who is in final year of MLS contract, will join Burnley FC next season.

the lack of continuity is getting a little annoying..

So now what do we have to show for Le Toux? This is more than annoying. Seems strange that footballers can negotiate with other clubs while their season with their own club is still going on. This would be called tampering in most other professional leagues.

Richards looked like he was on his way to the Championship last night.

#1106 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Le Toux and Richards have identical since switching teams, yet Le Toux is still under contract with NY next season.

If we don't make the playoffs this season will have turned out to be a disaster. We blew up 3rd place team, to try to put together a contender and have won 2 games since (2 month span).

Yes Robson, Miller, O'Brien, and Richards have all been upgrades from a technical stance, but the chemistry that took a year and 1/2 to build with Chiumento, Hassli, and Le Toux (yes I know he was added this year) was thrown out the window, and we have to start from scratch again.

6 weeks to the playoffs, with a 5 point lead over Dallas. Dallas plays LA tonight.

#1107 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Le Toux and Richards have identical since switching teams, yet Le Toux is still under contract with NY next season.

If we don't make the playoffs this season will have turned out to be a disaster. We blew up 3rd place team, to try to put together a contender and have won 2 games since (2 month span).

Yes Robson, Miller, O'Brien, and Richards have all been upgrades from a technical stance, but the chemistry that took a year and 1/2 to build with Chiumento, Hassli, and Le Toux (yes I know he was added this year) was thrown out the window, and we have to start from scratch again.

6 weeks to the playoffs, with a 5 point lead over Dallas. Dallas plays LA tonight.

You're missing a key word for comprehension there, Kamero89. Care to fill us in? :)

The rest of the season, all 7 games are against the West. 4 at home and 3 on the road. No game is more important than any other except for the Dallas match on the 15th. And it would be nice to collect 10 of 12 points in the remaining home games, too.

The squad looked a mess last night and hopefully, there are not a whole bunch more changes to come during the playoff push. This team needs to get it together quickly!

Dallas / LA will be interesting with both teams fighting for that 4th spot. I hate to cheer for one over the other, but, go FC Dallas!

#1108 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Do we really want Dallas to win that game, or do we want LA to win? I think it would be better if LA won, we then are only 3 points back of them, and Dallas is still 5 points back. I'd feel safer being 5 points up on 6th and 3 points back on 4th than being tied for 4th and having Dallas only 2 points back.

#1109 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Do we really want Dallas to win that game, or do we want LA to win? I think it would be better if LA won, we then are only 3 points back of them, and Dallas is still 5 points back. I'd feel safer being 5 points up on 6th and 3 points back on 4th than being tied for 4th and having Dallas only 2 points back.

You're right, KevinB. For some reason, I was thinking it was the top 4 from each conference who made the playoffs instead of the top 5. Your scenario makes total sense. :)

Go, LA!

Edited by lof, 26 August 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#1110 jbrizzy

jbrizzy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

Doesn't le toux's contract expire this offseason ?
Thought that was one of the reasons we unloaded him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.