The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Terrible effort by the Caps today. They looked like they just expected to win. No real effort on offense at all. EVERY chance we got was just turned over, through needless plays. Got WAY too fancy out there. Either get some shots, or some quality crosses.

I'll sum up the game with this, an Offensive player turned it over 7 different times, by needless 1-3 challenges, or terrible passes in the box.

Don't see a thread on this... huge 2 - nil upset win for the Canadians over the Yanks in Olympic qualifying today.

Next up: Cuba on Monday. Canada has a chance to qualify for the first time since '84.

boy, is that considered an upset? aren't the americans a better soccer team then us?

boy, is that considered an upset? aren't the americans a better soccer team then us?

Um, yes. :huh:

To put it in perspective, Canada could only manage a scoreless draw against El Salvador, while the Americans threw a 6-0 thrashing at the Cubans...

It might have been the biggest upset in the history of Canadian soccer (although the Gold Cup win was pretty big too)

Disappointing draw? I suppose so. 7 of 9 points isn't a bad start to the season, though.

Undefeated... No goals against in 3 matches... Strong defending... Great goaltending... Top of the conference...

Lots of positives, as well, although it is early. The boys could go 3-0-1 with a win against winless Philly next Saturday.

Also, congrats to the Canadian U-23's for beating the Americans! That was a fun game to watch!

:towel::canucks:

Another point for the 'Caps in Philly. 2-0-2 for 8 points... Tops in the West.

Le Toux should have had the winner late in the second half but didn't choose the simple finish.

'Caps Back 4 looks organized and solid. Joe Cannon has been spectacular. 'Caps "D"... no goals in 4 matches. They are about 60 minutes short of the Red Bull's MLS record for scoreless minutes.

Go 'Caps!

• Upvote 1

I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing from the back line. Lee has been terrific addition. I'm really looking forward to see what Barry Robson will bring to the midfield. And what else can be said of Cannon. He's been spectacular when required.

I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing from the back line. Lee has been terrific addition. I'm really looking forward to see what Barry Robson will bring to the midfield. And what else can be said of Cannon. He's been spectacular when required.

Robson should bring some experience and excitement to the midfield for sure. 100 career goals is pretty sweet. Coming straight from a Promotion race to the 'Caps will mean he is at the top of his mental game, too.

I wonder if he plays at the front of the diamond or plays where Koffie is playing as a holding mid? Probably right in behind Le Toux and Hassei, eh?

Can't wait!

Whitecaps just crap the bed. Martin Rennie leaves substitutions on bench for WAYYYYY too long. Fresh legs for San Jose the difference.

With such a large squad, you'd think he could work a bit of rotation in. But the guy has some clear favourites.

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine the upper deck will be open for big games this year. LA, Seattle, and any playoff games will draw big time. The Galaxy game at Empire got 27k to attend, that could have translated to a 50k+ draw, if the game was played downtown.

Any word yet as to whether the upper bowl will be opened for the game against Sheathole this May? Word is, they'll be doing it for us at CLink.

http://www.soundersfc.com/News/Articles/2012/03-March/Friendly-and-4-Match-Ticket-Package.aspx