#1201 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Double post, Sorry!

Edited by KevinB, 30 September 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#1202 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Again, not a fan of Rennie's starting line up selection. Thorrington in for Camilo? That should be an obvious choice... Brazil > South Africa. I'm not a huge fan of O'Brien either, I prefer Bonjour quite a bit more. Is there any word on the extent of the injuries to Mattocks and Thorrington?

I agree about the Camilo thing, but we had a clean sheet against the #3 scoring team in the league. O'Brien did a good job.

#1203 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I agree about the Camilo thing, but we had a clean sheet against the #3 scoring team in the league. O'Brien did a good job.

O'Brien played well defensively, but, he plays like a 1970's fullback when he has the ball at his feet. Almost every time he started an attack, the ball was heaved 50 yards forward to Seattle. No thought at all. I know he's not in there to score goals, but, he's not in there to turn possession over in 3 seconds, either.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#1204 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,645 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Again, not a fan of Rennie's starting line up selection. Thorrington in for Camilo? That should be an obvious choice... Brazil > South Africa. I'm not a huge fan of O'Brien either, I prefer Bonjour quite a bit more. Is there any word on the extent of the injuries to Mattocks and Thorrington?

I dunno, I'm not impressed with Bonjour, he seems to make bad choices and gets caught out of position. Dave Pratt stated that there's a rift between Robson and Demerit. Apparently Lenarduzzi has even admitted this. Chemistry problems?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#1205 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Base-bore is on when it should be the Caps game!

Edited by Wh!stler R!der, 03 October 2012 - 06:59 PM.

This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#1206 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I was jacked up to watch this game only to have base-bore continue to cut into real sports programming... I hate how long baseball games take! Turn on the Caps game S-PAC!
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!

#1207 Killa

Killa

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

It is on spac, they cut away from baseball for it

#1208 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

lol sucks that dallas plays this team twice in their last 3.

#1209 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,645 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

No kidding. Caps better shape up these last few games.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#1210 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

I dunno, I'm not impressed with Bonjour, he seems to make bad choices and gets caught out of position. Dave Pratt stated that there's a rift between Robson and Demerit. Apparently Lenarduzzi has even admitted this. Chemistry problems?

Hopefully this is all just rumours, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Robson has been really demanding, almost as if he is acting as captain. Jay is no doubt the leader of this team, but Robson seems to take things too far sometimes when he's yelling at his team mates or complaining to the officials.

#1211 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'm a Robson fan, the guy has talent and he's a hard worker, but sometimes I shake my head at his demands/complains/etc. Great 1st half for Van! Had the majority of possession and they're looking deadly. Love Richards' speed, great finish too. Koffie's shot was perfect, and hopefully Miller is just taking extra precautions. a third hamstring injury would be a big blow.

#1212 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Looking great so far at 2-0! That is huge! Sorry about the spaz before. I am really impressed with Sportsnet I remember last year there was a baseball game that went over a Canucks Preseason game and a lot of people were pissed.

#1213 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

yes! needed camilo to get a goal so badly. hopefully he can hit the net with a few over the next couple games.

#1214 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Solid game by everyone tonight, really needed a performance like that. Hopefully Canada can do the same in their qualifiers and the Caps can carry they're momentum into the Portland game.

#1215 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Great game. Only real problem is that Dane Richards is now a threat we can use upfront.

Also damn, the 'Caps need to do something about Wednesday attendance. They are always near a sell out on weekend games

#1216 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Great game. Only real problem is that Dane Richards is now a threat we can use upfront.

Also damn, the 'Caps need to do something about Wednesday attendance. They are always near a sell out on weekend games

? Why is that a bad thing? Aren't options usually good?

#1217 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,010 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

Promising result, but let's be honest, it was Chivas. With Dallas having two matches left with these guys, it seems inevitable that the Caps are going to need at least one more result. Hopefully, that's Portland in a couple of weeks.

Good news is that the long break should give these hammies some time to heal up....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1218 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

? Why is that a bad thing? Aren't options usually good?

lol I was not being serious.

#1219 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

A

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#1220 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Its not just Wednesday game the 18k on a Sunday against Colorado was also very low compared to the rest of our games. Its no big secret this teams struggles/changes are 100% to blame for the lowerish attendance. In fact the whitecaps were really pushing to sell-out all the remaining games and had some great deals for tickets 50% off a while back for any of the games on this remaining home-stand.. to only sell out the cascadia games is a huge disapointment.

#1221 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Its not just Wednesday game the 18k on a Sunday against Colorado was also very low compared to the rest of our games. Its no big secret this teams struggles/changes are 100% to blame for the lowerish attendance. In fact the whitecaps were really pushing to sell-out all the remaining games and had some great deals for tickets 50% off a while back for any of the games on this remaining home-stand.. to only sell out the cascadia games is a huge disapointment.

We are fifth in attendance, and play one of the bigger building capacities in the league. Blame the marketing department, I and others at different times have tried to start a support group in the north end, only to be turned down.

The 'Caps family end (north end) holds about 4k worth of fans, the only problem is there is no where near 4k worth of families going to the games. The next biggest family section in the league is 700 in comparison. 5x the size of the 2nd biggest family section in the league, while most average around 500 people. The north end is the cheapest ticket in BC Place, yet is the emptiest. Does that make sense to anyone?

Not a coincidence, that the section the Southsiders sit in has been sold out every game since day one at Empire.

The southsiders started with around 20 people, and now have 1500 people in their section every game. Putting a support group in the north end has unlimited potential, and would not hurt any of the few families who do attend.

#1222 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

We are fifth in attendance, and play one of the bigger building capacities in the league. Blame the marketing department, I and others at different times have tried to start a support group in the north end, only to be turned down.

The 'Caps family end (north end) holds about 4k worth of fans, the only problem is there is no where near 4k worth of families going to the games. The next biggest family section in the league is 700 in comparison. 5x the size of the 2nd biggest family section in the league, while most average around 500 people. The north end is the cheapest ticket in BC Place, yet is the emptiest. Does that make sense to anyone?

Not a coincidence, that the section the Southsiders sit in has been sold out every game since day one at Empire.

The southsiders started with around 20 people, and now have 1500 people in their section every game. Putting a support group in the north end has unlimited potential, and would not hurt any of the few families who do attend.

Ahem, we stand the whole game. -_-

RIP LB RR PD

#1223 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Ahem, we stand the whole game. -_-

lol fair enough. But my point stays the same. No one outside the southside is going to know the Barry Robson song. We have to get everyone involved.

A better atmosphere means more fans, more fans means a better fortress, and that means more wins.

Not a coincidence the team has given up 67% of their goals in the north end. We need atmosphere everywhere!

#1224 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Thanks to Chivas' late goal yesterday, the 'Caps only need to win one of their last 2 to clinch a playoff spot.

The Cascadia Derby v. Timbers sure looks even bigger now!

#1225 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,645 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

I really think Sportsnet and TSN don't do too much to hype MLS coverage they have. I'm not sure if the ratings are disappointing, or what the issue is. Local coverage in the newspapers is also very disappointing. Even with the lockout the Whitecaps are taking a back seat to the CFL and NFL.
GO CANUCKS GO!

Posted Image

#1226 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,010 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Thanks to Chivas' late goal yesterday, the 'Caps only need to win one of their last 2 to clinch a playoff spot.

The Cascadia Derby v. Timbers sure looks even bigger now!

The Sounders put the boots to Portland last night. Hopefully, that's the start of a two-game trend for the Timbers.

BTW: 66,000+ at CLF last night...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1227 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

I really think Sportsnet and TSN don't do too much to hype MLS coverage they have. I'm not sure if the ratings are disappointing, or what the issue is. Local coverage in the newspapers is also very disappointing. Even with the lockout the Whitecaps are taking a back seat to the CFL and NFL.

The highest rated game this year, beats any Lions regular season game on TV in the last 2 years (granted 1/2 the games were blacked out).

Team 1040 has done a fairly good job, but the papers can def be better. Local ratings for games are among some of the best in the league.

The Whitecaps have to do better with marketing though. One print ad a week, and youtube videos are not good enough. You have to create excitement. This team has yet to ever have one TV ad. All sell outs, and the hype surrounding them have been created by the fans and the media, not the team.

#1228 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

The Sounders put the boots to Portland last night. Hopefully, that's the start of a two-game trend for the Timbers.

BTW: 66,000+ at CLF last night...

It's so awesome to see the support that Seattle gives the Sounders. 66 452 for a Cascadia Derby! There's no reason that the 'Caps can't do the same, except that BC Place only holds 59 000, or so.

It baffles me that the 'Caps struggle to get 20 000 to home matches. If I didn't live in Dawson Creek, I would have season's tickets, for sure!

#1229 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,010 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

It's so awesome to see the support that Seattle gives the Sounders. 66 452 for a Cascadia Derby! There's no reason that the 'Caps can't do the same, except that BC Place only holds 59 000, or so.

It baffles me that the 'Caps struggle to get 20 000 to home matches. If I didn't live in Dawson Creek, I would have season's tickets, for sure!

I hear you. Even though I live closer as the crow flies, I'm even farther away by road. I wouldn't be able to afford to go to Canuck games, but I'd be at as many 'Caps and Lions games as I could....

#1230 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

lol fair enough. But my point stays the same. No one outside the southside is going to know the Barry Robson song. We have to get everyone involved.

A better atmosphere means more fans, more fans means a better fortress, and that means more wins.

Not a coincidence the team has given up 67% of their goals in the north end. We need atmosphere everywhere!

I agree, but I'm not sure what can be done.

The South part of the East Side has joined in when called upon (East Side, on your feet said East Side on your feet, hey hey!) and now stand up on their own at times and have joined in on the cheers. They're slowly learning all the songs and chants, too. Hopefully it's only a matter of time until it continues to spread all along the East side down to the North end.

I agree, I don't think it's a coincidence either that the caps give up more goals in the North end. That side of the stadium is dead.

I don't really know what can be done other than a group of very dedicated fans going over there and getting things going. Still, I think part of the issue is that a lot of the North end seats aren't season ticket holders. A lot of the fans in the North side don't go to every game, and might go only a few times. It's hard to build up that support when the people are changing every game.

RIP LB RR PD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.