The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Tonight was unlucky. Great 1st half. The Caps were totally deserving of their lead. They didn't play poorly in the second half, but, I have to say, Rennie reminds me a bit of AV in that he sits his team back when they have a lead. 'Caps were unlucky not to get a 3rd with 2 bars and a nice save off of Robson's late free kick.

Regardless, 6 lost points at home in recent games and 3 points given up to TFC. Tough stretch coming up, boys.

Git 'er done!

:towel::canucks:

so disappointed in the way they played in the second half, you should keep the ball but damn Beckham was my first favourite player his crossing and playmaking ability still amaze me

2 posts and a narrow missed in the 2nd half though. But 100% agree caps need to do better on D. Can't win the game just on offence

Tuesday, July 17

• Jacob Lensky returns possible on Vancouver Whitecaps back on the field • The midfielder trained with the Canadian club that plays in Major League Soccer • Lensky returned in December returned to his native Canada after his contract with FC Utrecht immediately was dissolved after personal problems •

http://www.vi.nl/nie...en-op-dreef.htm

Rennie looking to sign Jacob Lensky who was on trial in pre-season but was no where near fit enough, was told to get fit and then come back. Whitecaps are waiting for clearance from MLS to give him a contract.

From what I've read about him he has the skill, but also has his demons.

Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today that the club have acquired a first-round selection in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft, as well as an international spot through the 2013 season, from Toronto FC in exchange for striker Eric Hassli. Per club and league policies, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

http://www.whitecaps...rade-toronto-fc

Sad to see Hassli go, but he just didn't have a spot on our team. Hope he does well in Toronto.

You better believe I will not be spending another dollar on this organization. There is way too much turnover.

Even though a lot of players are leaving, there's no way you can say the team isn't better now than it was at the end of last season.

I loved Hassli and I wish there was a place for him, but with emergence of Mattocks and now the signing of Kenny Miller, there was no way the whitecaps could keep Hassli on the bench taking up a designated player spot.