2736 replies to this topic

#1381 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

He ran about 15-20k in 65 min of action. Having him as our loan striker, was asking a bit much. He needed support.

Don't expect support from anyone on this team. Rennie has no idea how offense works. Other than Mattocks, this team doesn't have a legitimate striker among themselves. Very difficult to watch a team that can't control the ball and expect anything otherwise. Hopefully by next season the Scottish connection will be a memory.

#1382 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Vancouver fans go after the ref again.

#1383 StealthNuck

StealthNuck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

That was the 'Caps game plan though.

Bad game plan or not aside, that was NOT a PK.

Giant coincidence LA, and NY have the most PKs this year, and have the most fouls their favor. Not saying the MLS tells refs to make them win, but their star power is clearly intimidating refs.

Caps had ONE PK all year. 6 teams had more in one game alone this season. How is this fair?

To play devil's advocate a little, the 'Caps are not really an attacking team. They rarely threaten in the box, have very few shots, few goals, terrible possession, and few true strikers. You're never going to get PK chances if you're never aggressive in the box.

#1384 van_ws

van_ws

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

It is no surprise of the result, the team has been imploding after all the changes around mid-season. Where improvements must be made are clear, this team desperately needs more offense. The Scottish experiment has been a complete bust, end it.

Making the playoffs was nice, although if you look how badly this team has crashed since the early part of the season, this team really isn't very good at all.

#1385 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

It is no surprise of the result, the team has been imploding after all the changes around mid-season. Where improvements must be made are clear, this team desperately needs more offense. The Scottish experiment has been a complete bust, end it.

Making the playoffs was nice, although if you look how badly this team has crashed since the early part of the season, this team really isn't very good at all.

Hard to argue with any of your points.

Caps won 3 games in the 2nd half of the season. Which marks when we traded/transferred Chummy, Hassli, and Le Toux.

#1386 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

If JARJU was retained, Whitecaps would have won last night. Period.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#1387 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,426 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Rennie is completely clueless. He in my opinion cost the caps that game.
Posted Image

#1388 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,814 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Whitecaps deal Harris to Rapids for roster spot:

VANCOUVER -- The Vancouver Whitecaps have traded striker Atiba Harris to the Colorado Rapids in exchange for an international roster spot.

Harris, 27, joined the Whitecaps after being selected in the second-round (fourth overall) of the 2010 MLS Expansion Draft.

In two seasons with Vancouver, the native of Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, scored two goals and added three assists in 12 MLS regular season appearances.

"We are thankful for the contributions Atiba made during his two years in Vancouver and wish him all the best with Colorado," Whitecaps president Bob Lenarduzzi said in a statement. "Atiba scored a memorable goal during our inaugural match and although his time on the pitch was limited because of injuries, he was always a great ambassador for the club."

The Whitecaps have 11 international roster spots through the 2013 season and 10 international roster spots through the 2016 season.

http://www.tsn.ca/so...rce=twitterfeed

307mg00.jpg

#1389 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

EVERYtime the 'Caps have traded for a roster spot, they have made a significant move. I wonder what they got up their sleeve.

I REALLY hope they take a run at Kenny Cooper.

#1390 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Rumour has it that I'm your next big signing.

#1391 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Oh, god. He's gonna bring another guy from Scotland, isn't he...?

#1392 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Wouldn't surprise me to see him make a move for Paddy McCourt.

#1393 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I hope they make a run for Frank Lampard although it's a dream that will never come true :(

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#1394 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

It looks like the Whitecaps will re acquire Davide Chiumento. He tweeted on the 10th that he was on his way back to Vancouver. Also a few of the guys who cover the 'Caps have tweeted hints that he is coming back as well.

This is awesome. He only played 1/2 a season this year, and 2/3rds of the 'Caps total goals came from when he was with the team. There was clearly a drop off when he was transferred. He is a much better passer for the strikers than Robson

#1395 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

It looks like the Whitecaps will re acquire Davide Chiumento. He tweeted on the 10th that he was on his way back to Vancouver. Also a few of the guys who cover the 'Caps have tweeted hints that he is coming back as well.

This is awesome. He only played 1/2 a season this year, and 2/3rds of the 'Caps total goals came from when he was with the team. There was clearly a drop off when he was transferred. He is a much better passer for the strikers than Robson

Yeah. I heard this on Global this morning. Seems Chiumi is on his way back. Great news! Hopefully, there will be enough bal and enough playing time for both Chiumi and Robson.

Woo hoo! :lol:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#1396 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Yeah. I heard this on Global this morning. Seems Chiumi is on his way back. Great news! Hopefully, there will be enough bal and enough playing time for both Chiumi and Robson.

Woo hoo! :lol:

With Richards and Thorington gone we needed that tricky mid fielder back. Don't forget Koffe, midfield is getting more offensive minus Richards.
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#1397 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Richard's pace is going to be missed. Thing is, he kind of packed it in after it was announced that he was moving to Burnley. Great right after the trade, inconsistent and seemingly disinterested after. Good riddance.

Chiumi on the right, Robson on the left and Koffie holding in a 5-man, diamond midfield might be interesting. Who would play wide, though? Maybe Teibert wide left? Richards would be perfect, wide right, but he's gone. You need to find a place for Camilo. Would he work wide right?

Back line, l to r, of Rochat, Demerit, O' Brien and Lee. Mattocks up front. Knighton in goal.

Looks like a solid 11, no?

#1398 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,814 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Whitecaps players heading to Newtown, CT:

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – A few of the Vancouver Whitecaps players are flying to Newtown, Connecticut today to put on a soccer clinic for those affected by last month’s shooting massacre.

Up to 40 players from across the MLS are taking part.

“It’s certainly one of the most tragic events I’ve ever seen in my lifetime or heard about,” says Whitecaps goalkeeper Brad Knighton.

Knighton says bringing the beautiful game to a community that has been so devastated was the least he and the players could do.

“It’s one of those things where it was a no-brainer. Once they sent the email, I probably responded within two seconds of getting the email. It was not even the thought of whether if I could make it, it was a matter of when could I get there.”

As a father, Knighton says hearing about the tragedy was unlike anything he had ever known. “To have a kid of my own and know the possibility of sending them to school and not knowing if they’re coming home, you know, that just sends chills through my body.”

Knighton will be joined by midfielder Matt Watson and striker Omar Salgado.

Players will hold a clinic and games all day Monday.

http://www.news1130....ct/?cid=dlvr.it

307mg00.jpg

#1399 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Saw Bobby Lenarduzzi on Global this morning talking about how the club is planning on bringing in some new blood. He said that he would like to sign or trade for some MLS-experienced players who are used to the travel rigours and style of play in the MLS. I tend to agree.

Can't wait to see which has-been Scots they dig up this time! :lol:

Seriously, though, what do fellow 'Caps fans see as the club's biggest needs? For me, creative midfielding (Chiumy?), speedy right side winger and another centre-back would make me feel pretty good. I'd like to say we need another striker, too, but I want to see if Salgado can actually play if given the opportunity.

What you guys think?

#1400 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Saw Bobby Lenarduzzi on Global this morning talking about how the club is planning on bringing in some new blood. He said that he would like to sign or trade for some MLS-experienced players who are used to the travel rigours and style of play in the MLS. I tend to agree.

Can't wait to see which has-been Scots they dig up this time! :lol:

Seriously, though, what do fellow 'Caps fans see as the club's biggest needs? For me, creative midfielding (Chiumy?), speedy right side winger and another centre-back would make me feel pretty good. I'd like to say we need another striker, too, but I want to see if Salgado can actually play if given the opportunity.

What you guys think?

I had a feeling he was going to go for Paddy McCourt.

I think Portland have been linked with him.

#1401 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

What's your take on Paddy, Scottish

I had a feeling he was going to go for Paddy McCourt.

I think Portland have been linked with him.

What's your take on Paddy, Scottish? He certainly hasn't featured much at Celtic. 60 appearances in 5 seasons is pretty weak. The 'Caps do need a speedy winger to replace Richards. He plays the right side, no?

Is he worth a gamble at 29?

#1402 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

What's your take on Paddy, Scottish

What's your take on Paddy, Scottish? He certainly hasn't featured much at Celtic. 60 appearances in 5 seasons is pretty weak. The 'Caps do need a speedy winger to replace Richards. He plays the right side, no?

Is he worth a gamble at 29?

He's a talented player capable of moments of brilliance, but he simply isn't good enough or consistent enough to play for Celtic. Fitness is an issue but I think he could do a job in the MLS.

#1403 Perchew

Perchew

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Whitecaps select Kekutah Manneh and Erik Hurtado 4th and 5th overall.
Two speedy forwards, not too sure about that, might have prefered at least one midfielder

#1404 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

So happy Robson got released!! Good start to the 2013 campaign.
Posted Image

#1405 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

I tend to agree, pimpcurtly. He did have a pretty decent start, but, he turned into a total whinger and whiner after 3 or 4 matches. Wasn't able to provide consistent service to the strikers, either. He demanded, and received, the ball a lot. After that, mostly big-long-1970's-Division-One-kicks up field or dribbling into trouble and turning the ball over. This was followed by walking back and yelling at his mates for not giving him options. He looked mostly disinterested, too.

#1406 My Account

My Account

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

so his cap hit is gone? more room for Chummy to come back? I am new to professional soccer but I love the caps, hope to seem them this season

Edited by My Account, 21 January 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks avelanch for the sick signature

#1407 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

so his cap hit is gone? more room for Chummy to come back? I am new to professional soccer but I love the caps, hope to seem them this season

As far as I know, Robson is off the books. And I may be wrong but I don't believe Chummy will be coming back. :(
Posted Image

#1408 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

As far as I know, Robson is off the books. And I may be wrong but I don't believe Chummy will be coming back. :(

I heard , about 10 days or so ago, Bob Lenarduzzi talking on Global about Chiummy returning. Have you heard anything different, pimpcurtly?

#1409 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I heard , about 10 days or so ago, Bob Lenarduzzi talking on Global about Chiummy returning. Have you heard anything different, pimpcurtly?

I didn't hear that....my bad. That would be awesome if he came back!!
Posted Image

#1410 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I didn't hear that....my bad. That would be awesome if he came back!!

Phew! I thought maybe you heard something new. I sure hope he's back. Nothing on the team's site on the pre-season roster showing his name, though.

:sadno:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.