2353 replies to this topic

#1441 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,644 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Still some kinks to be worked out but I thought as the game progressed, the Whitecaps got better. The goal was a thing of beauty....great setup and great finish. So happy the season has finally begun!

Agreed. The second half was better.

TBH, I was a bit concerned about the performance against what I saw as an inferior Toronto squad in the 1st half...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1442 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Koffie is Canadian now?

That's honestly a huge boost to the national team.

NaturalHotAfricanporcupine.gif

#1443 runlsd

runlsd

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Daigo in his first game seems 100 times better than Robson.
Manneh and Hurtado are speedy and explosive players. They'll have to take better touches and make better decisions overall. But it's their first game and their futures look bright.
YP Lee seemed more involved with the additions of Daigo & Reo Coker. He was solid last season. But I thought the Caps could have used him more.
Reo-Coker seems like he'll be a good addition too. Versatile.

This is all based on one game. And against TFC. But things look encouraging.

#1444 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Bad news for DeMerit. Severed achillies...6-8 month recovery timeframe. Pretty much gone for the season. :(
Posted Image

#1445 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Bad news for DeMerit. Severed achillies...6-8 month recovery timeframe. Pretty much gone for the season. :(

:(
Perhaps time for a dp center back

#1446 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Lp

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#1447 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

:(
Perhaps time for a dp center back

Bocanegra :emot-parrot:

Posted Image

#1448 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Koffie is Canadian now?

That's honestly a huge boost to the national team.

I'm not certain of the exact rules, but I'm pretty certain it's not as simple as that. I don't think he can play for Canada right away.
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#1449 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

I'm not certain of the exact rules, but I'm pretty certain it's not as simple as that. I don't think he can play for Canada right away.

2015 he will be eligible. It is very convoluded. Even moreso if he ends up going to europe in the next couple years.

Posted Image

#1450 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Holy crap that was a nice shot
Posted Image

#1451 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Posted Image
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#1452 Rovy

Rovy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Watching a feed online, but this ref doesn't seem to want to give Vancouver ANY benifit of the doubt, including a quick whistle there at the end. How close have they been to actual fouls?

#1453 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Great takeaway and finish by Miller. All started by great pressure from Kofi!

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#1454 Gally

Gally

KJ's Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

I've really been impressed by Daigo.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#1455 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,146 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

This ref has been having himself a 'mare.

aXmDa9t.gif

#1456 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

lmao nice pic!!!!

It's a DAM shame we didn't get out of the first half up 3 or 4 zip. But I am certainly happy with what I am seeing so far. Miller was a beast, Kobayashi with an unreal strike, Hurtado was unlucky they called it offside(probably was though), Camillo looked dangerous in the little amount he played. And other than the crew goal, Joe Cannon looked really solid. I'm feeling good about this season so far. Hope they can keep building!
Posted Image

#1457 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

#1458 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,373 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Went to the game, had eyes on Lee the entire time. Probably possessed Vancouver's ball about 33% of the time, with most of the chances coming from his wing. Is he not captain because of the language barrier?
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#1459 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Is every kit in the MLS manufactured by adidas?

A little more variety would be nice. With the exception of colour every kit looks pretty much the same.

#1460 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

A little more variety would be nice. With the exception of colour every kit looks pretty much the same.

Adidas does supply every kit, Scottish. Huge sponsorship deal with MLS. I personally love Adidas gear. I wish Reds had kept their affiliation with the Three Stripes. It's a Classic footy look. Beckenbauer wore it the best for Germany.

Posted Image

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#1461 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Went to the game, had eyes on Lee the entire time. Probably possessed Vancouver's ball about 33% of the time, with most of the chances coming from his wing. Is he not captain because of the language barrier?

Lee is a great player, eh, Bob?

MVP last year, could be again this year.

Great game today. Besides the sh!t goal Cannon allowed, the 'Caps looked great against a decent Columbus side. It is early, but, things are looking up for the franchise.

Style of play has changed from "1960's-English-chase-the-diagonal-long-ball-to-the-corner" to a more modern quick passing, wide attack style. I like it when they play a 4-4-1-1 as opposed to the 4-1-4-1 because Miller can play more up front.

I wasn't too impressed with Mattocks for the second straight game. He is small to be a lone striker and he spends too much time on his ass... kind of like Ryan Kesler... too much flopping about, looking for a foul. He obviously hasn't learned from last season. He hasn't looked a threat to score yet in 2 games. Good sub to bring in Hurtado. His goal was onside, IMO. Too bad the assistant didn't agree!

Rusin looked a decent replacement for Demerit at the back. Big boots to fill, but, Brad did it admirably. Unlucky not to score in the first half with the header. Miller could have a hatty in the first half alone, too. And Reo-Coker missed a sitter from 7 yards, as well. Could have been 6-1 'Caps!

1 negative... Only 18 000 at the Dome. 'Caps should sell out every game. If they keep winning, the bandwagon will fill up pretty quickly, methinks. It would be great to see the upper bowl open like in Seattle!

Next 3 on the road. Go, 'Caps!

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#1462 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

I don't think they should open up the upper bowl, not until there's like a Canucks type frenzy here.

Language barrier is one thing, but I think at one point Lee said he didn't want to be the captain. Miller stepped his game up in his first game as captain and if he keeps this up, I have no problem with him being selected.
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#1463 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,644 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Went to the game, had eyes on Lee the entire time.  Probably possessed Vancouver's ball about 33% of the time, with most of the chances coming from his wing.  Is he not captain because of the language barrier?

I was surprised to see Miller wearing the arm band, TBH. I thought it would be Rochat or possibly Lee myself...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1464 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

all the mls kits are done by adidas. its a league wide sponsorship agreement.
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#1465 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,373 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

all the mls kits are done by adidas. its a league wide sponsorship agreement.

The 401 Derby is comical to watch.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1466 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Whitecaps look so much better this year. The midfield can really hold onto the ball, and it's quite clear that Kobayashi and Reo-Coker are making a huge difference. Lee has been phenomenal again this year (no surprise, really), and now with more midfield and CB depth, Rochat can play strictly as a left-back where he is the most effective.

I'm also not surprised at all that Miller has the armband with Demerit out. Miller captained the Scottish National Team for years (still does?) and Y.P. Lee didn't want the armband. There's really nobody else deserving of it with the exception of Reo-Coker but he just joined the team so obviously it would be too soon. Reo-Coker captained 3 teams in the BPL (Bolton, West Ham, and Aston Villa), so if he stays for a while, I could see him eventually taking the armband.

RIP LB RR PD

#1467 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,373 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Whitecaps look so much better this year. The midfield can really hold onto the ball, and it's quite clear that Kobayashi and Reo-Coker are making a huge difference. Lee has been phenomenal again this year (no surprise, really), and now with more midfield and CB depth, Rochat can play strictly as a left-back where he is the most effective.

I'm also not surprised at all that Miller has the armband with Demerit out. Miller captained the Scottish National Team for years (still does?) and Y.P. Lee didn't want the armband. There's really nobody else deserving of it with the exception of Reo-Coker but he just joined the team so obviously it would be too soon. Reo-Coker captained 3 teams in the BPL (Bolton, West Ham, and Aston Villa), so if he stays for a while, I could see him eventually taking the armband.

Since Lee has played in such amazing form, I can definitely see him playing more years here. He totally wants his kids to settle here in Vancouver, so why not keep playing?

Hot dog man's been great, though. Is he a DP?

Edited by Bob.Loblaw, 14 March 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Posted Image

#1468 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

This team needs to market itself better, more ads on tv to get the leg up on some of the canuck bandwagoner fan base.

#1469 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Lp

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#1470 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Dynamos streak of 32 undefeated home matches ENDS TONIGHT!!! Go Caps!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.