2506 replies to this topic

#1471 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

Dynamos streak of 32 undefeated home matches ENDS TONIGHT!!! Go Caps!!

I think I'm more stoked for the 'Caps game than for the 'Nucks game!

No Miller today... I wonder who will be the one to step up?

Go, 'Caps!

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#1472 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

I think I'm more stoked for the 'Caps game than for the 'Nucks game!

No Miller today... I wonder who will be the one to step up?

Go, 'Caps!

haha me too
Posted Image

#1473 TGokou

TGokou

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

haha me too

You can count me in on that too. Never been a soccer fan in my life. Went to 3 games last year and now I'm hooked. Way more excited about the caps than I am about the Canucks. In case anyone missed it, check out Kobayashi's goal against Columbus. Won goal of the week and Rennie said it was the nicest goal he's seen since being in MLS.

#1474 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Kekuta Manneh is a quick learner. :lol:

If you live here, you definitely have to (become a hockey fan),” he said with a laugh. “I went to one hockey game when I lived in Houston. The Canucks are my favourite hockey team now.

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2OPZEAVRs

Quando omni flunkus moritati

#1475 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,482 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Is there something gimpy about the Whitecaps feed? Seems how to say, jerky?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#1476 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Omg Mattocks
Posted Image

#1477 Nail

Nail

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,383 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Caps blew it..

sg25j6.jpg

Credit to khalifawiz501 for the beautiful sig!

#1478 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

really wish sportsnet would hire a proper soccer broadcaster. Craig Macewan is just awful, Paul Dolan is a great guy and i think does a good colour job.

really sick of hearing kobaYASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

#1479 UnkNuk

UnkNuk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Chivas 2 Whitecaps 1

A disappointing result but not a bad game to watch.

I thought the Caps were going to tie it up, at least. Once again a lack of finish does them in.

So far this season, 5 goals in 4 games. That's a disappointing stat to start the season. But with the speed & potential on this team, you have to expect that they are going to start to explode sooner or later. Hopefully next Saturday against San Jose.

#1480 My Account

My Account

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hilarious game to watch the ref is just letting the game get outta hand, Obrien just picked up Lenhart (the guy with terrible curly hair) by the back of his jersey and he just lost his crap
Posted Image

Thanks avelanch for the sick signature

#1481 UnkNuk

UnkNuk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hilarious game to watch the ref is just letting the game get outta hand, Obrien just picked up Lenhart (the guy with terrible curly hair) by the back of his jersey and he just lost his crap

I thought the first 70 minutes were kind of herky-jerky. But the last twenty were a hoot.

Interesting tactical decision by San Jose - what do you do when some of your players have traction problems? Pull two of them off the field at the same time to change their shoes and play shorthanded for a couple of minutes. Thank you, San Jose!

Hertzog scores his first goal as a Cap, so I'll forgive him for those weird sleeves he wears.

Loved the way Reo-Coker bowled over that San Jose player. Haven't seen a hit like that since the NFL season.

I thought that take-down on Camilo deserved a penalty kick.

How the ball stayed out of the Caps net in the final minute is a mystery. Looked like a pinball game there for awhile.

#1482 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

I thought the first 70 minutes were kind of herky-jerky. But the last twenty were a hoot.

Interesting tactical decision by San Jose - what do you do when some of your players have traction problems? Pull two of them off the field at the same time to change their shoes and play shorthanded for a couple of minutes. Thank you, San Jose!

Hertzog scores his first goal as a Cap, so I'll forgive him for those weird sleeves he wears.

Loved the way Reo-Coker bowled over that San Jose player. Haven't seen a hit like that since the NFL season.

I thought that take-down on Camilo deserved a penalty kick.

How the ball stayed out of the Caps net in the final minute is a mystery. Looked like a pinball game there for awhile.

I watched many replays of it, from different angles, I agree with the refs decision not to award him the penalty shot

#1483 UnkNuk

UnkNuk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

I watched many replays of it, from different angles, I agree with the refs decision not to award him the penalty shot

Do you have a link to the replay? I only saw it as it happened and the one replay during the game. Granted, Camilo has a tendency to dive, but I thought this time was legit.

#1484 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,482 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Caps need moar d
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#1485 UnkNuk

UnkNuk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Caps 1 RSL 1

This is getting monotonous.

Every game seems to involve missed opportunities.

What do the Caps have to do to get a player who can put the ball into the net - not over the net, not just passed the net, but into the net!

Seven goals in six games. Good grief.

On the bright side, they've only allowed seven goals in six games. And that is the story of the Caps so far this season. Their goaltending is good, their defense is solid. But the midfield is, I would say, merely adequate. And their forwards are suspect.

Hopefully these near-misses will end up in the net in the not-too-distant future.

Not a bad game, but frustrating.

#1486 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Do you have a link to the replay? I only saw it as it happened and the one replay during the game. Granted, Camilo has a tendency to dive, but I thought this time was legit.

Sorry I don't have the link but they showed many replays of it in different angles, which proved the ref made the correct call

#1487 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

I would like to see how Koffie would play behind Teibert I think the caps can be more dangerous in the mid with those two

#1488 UnkNuk

UnkNuk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Dallas 2 Caps 0

Poorest effort of the season.

Pretty much completely dominated by Dallas.

As usual, the Caps were hardly a threat around the Dallas net.

The one interesting thing arising from this game will be to see how the Caps respond in their re-match with Dallas next Saturday.

#1489 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

Dallas 2 Caps 0

Poorest effort of the season.

Pretty much completely dominated by Dallas.

As usual, the Caps were hardly a threat around the Dallas net.

The one interesting thing arising from this game will be to see how the Caps respond in their re-match with Dallas next Saturday.

Heneimann, Watson, Davidson and Hurtado starting?? they couldn't get the job done in a reserve game vs UBC so how did Rennie expect them to get it done vs a #1 Mls team. Camilo, Mattocks, Kobayshi,Koffie, Salgado and Miller on the bench behind these guys tonight was a complete joke. dress the reserve squad against Edmonton not against an Mls team.

Edited by bolt, 20 April 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#1490 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Can't say I understood Rennie's lineup decisions tonight.

RIP LB RR PD

#1491 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,482 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Rennie and AV giving each other advice or something?
GO CANUCKS GO!

Posted Image

#1492 LuonGO Canucks Go

LuonGO Canucks Go

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

WTF is going on whitecaps?

#1493 Nail

Nail

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,383 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Whitecaps were down 2-1 with about 10 minutes to go... Fast forward to less than 2 minutes to go the Caps are winning 3-2!! :)

sg25j6.jpg

Credit to khalifawiz501 for the beautiful sig!

#1494 UnkNuk

UnkNuk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Whitecaps were down 2-1 with about 10 minutes to go... Fast forward to less than 2 minutes to go the Caps are winning 3-2!! :)

I'm not sure what to make of this game. Perhaps the Caps were overconfident going in?

But they pulled it out in the end, even if they were helped by being awarded a dubious penalty kick.

One thing they briefly mentioned in the broadcast but wasn't clear to me: are away goals the tie-breakers in this series? I assumed this would be the case but by the way they were talking, perhaps that format isn't used in this series.

#1495 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Away goals are the first tie breaker in ACC.

#1496 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Since Rennie blew up the team, by getting rid of Chumento, Hassli, and Le Toux, the Whitecaps have won 5 MLS games in 11 months.

They won 6 MLS games in a month and a half last year, before the blow up.

Rennie is NOT a good coach. Camilo leads the team in goals, and yet he has been benched half the season for no reason. Rennie has had a different starting XI in EVERY game this year. He played all our top strikers the full 90 minutes against an NASL team, just 4 days before we play the best team in the MLS.

#1497 UnkNuk

UnkNuk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Since Rennie blew up the team, by getting rid of Chumento, Hassli, and Le Toux, the Whitecaps have won 5 MLS games in 11 months.

They won 6 MLS games in a month and a half last year, before the blow up.

Rennie is NOT a good coach. Camilo leads the team in goals, and yet he has been benched half the season for no reason. Rennie has had a different starting XI in EVERY game this year. He played all our top strikers the full 90 minutes against an NASL team, just 4 days before we play the best team in the MLS.

That's a pretty telling stat.

But was the blow-up Rennie's decision or Lenarduzzi's?

I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be much chemistry among the players on the field. Possibly this is due to Rennie's frequent line-up changes. But perhaps it indicates that we've got a poor mix of players. Which again might fall on Lenarduzzi.

I'm a Lenarduzzi fan - have been since the NASL days - and I hope this team gets things turned around starting this afternoon. But if things don't start changing soon, it seems to me that some hard questions have to be asked about some of the player decisions that have been made.

#1498 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

wow this team is terrible.. And please SN can you get some real professional announcers. Its painful enough watching WC games even more painful when you hear the constant whining coming outta Mcewan.

#1499 UnkNuk

UnkNuk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Whitecaps 2 Dallas 2

An entertaining game, even with all the Dallas diving.

How is it possible that Mattocks didn't score a hat trick let alone one goal? The Football Gods seem to have it in for the kid for the present. But he's got to start scoring soon, and when he does he could score a bunch.

Some terrific energy and talent shown by Manneh.

The team seemed threatening all game marred only by their habitual lack of finish - otherwise this could have been a blow-out. And that's what's so frustrating about this team. There seems to be oodles of talent on the team and many, many potential goals. But, thus far, they've been unable to deliver. But, at least for this game, they seemed to be clicking together even if there were a lot of missed chances.

I hope Rennie keeps this same starting lineup together for a few games. It could pay off in a big way.

(And having got the fans' hopes up, the Caps could very well come up with a dud game next week against Salt Lake.)

#1500 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

So wasteful in possession after the red. Just blasting it without looking.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.