The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Well, the 'Caps backed their way in. I hope Rennie plays Mattocks and Selgado up front to start and some of their other kids next week.

On second thought, maybe they should play their first 11 to try to build something for their playoff game.

Galaxy v. Sounders next week will be the game to decide 'Caps opponent, most likely. Seattle has a 10 goal advantage over Real so a Seattle win will assure them second and a date with the 'Caps.

Well, the 'Caps backed their way in. I hope Rennie plays Mattocks and Selgado up front to start and some of their other kids next week.

On second thought, maybe they should play their first 11 to try to build something for their playoff game.

Galaxy v. Sounders next week will be the game to decide 'Caps opponent, most likely. Seattle has a 10 goal advantage over Real so a Seattle win will assure them second and a date with the 'Caps.

5th place plays a 1 game decider vs #4 to see who plays 1st so we'll be playing in LA.

Went to my first eve Whitecaps game today. I don't follow the Whitecaps much but want to get into the MLS since I love the EPL. There's only two things I have to say:

1) the crowd, is, AWESOME! What a great atmosphere. I would much rather pay the $25 to go to a Caps game than pay $100 to go to a silent Canucks game. The chants are awesome, especially the big, fat, b*stard.

2) Barry Robson is a whiny, pissy, primadonna little b*tch. I wanted to yell p*ssy at him everytime he was in front of me (was sitting in row 1 to the left of center field). This guy is the worst athlete I have ever seen play across all sports. He clearly doesn't give 2 sh*ts about his team. The second someone even brushes up against him he stops dead in his tracks to complain to the ref and lets the opposing player take the ball from him. I don't know how he can call himself an athlete.

Anyways, it was lots of fun. Maybe it was just that time of the month for Robson and he's a better competitor in other games, but today, he was atrocious.

I think a lot will come out after the season to explain what happened to this team after their great start. I agree that things went completely down the toilet once serious tinkering began with the lineup - no question there is a chemistry issue.

In the meantime I'll be cheering this team into the post-season - I just wish it didn't feel like they were walking into an inevitable early exit.

Regardless, I'll always remember my first Whitecaps game fondly - the season opener against the Impact.

Nov 1st Whitecaps @ LA Galaxy 7:30 HDC, Playoff game. Winner goes on to face SJ in a two game total goal playoff series in the next round, that will likely start on the following Sunday.

One regular season game next Sat Finding SOME/ANY chemistry with some players is only goal of that game.

I was at the game and I am dissapointed we lost and looked lifeless. I find it ironic that it took an american to get a Canadian team in the playoffs for the first time. A rival at that. Miller your atrocious.

To be fair to Miller, a good team is reliant on good midfielders providing service to the forwards. A striker's job is to score. The midfield is supposed to give them the opportunity to do so, and they didn't give him a sniff at anything last night.

To be fair to Miller, a good team is reliant on good midfielders providing service to the forwards. A striker's job is to score. The midfield is supposed to give them the opportunity to do so, and they didn't give him a sniff at anything last night.

Miller did receive poor service, but, IMO he is as lazy as a lowing cow. He wanders around aimlessly. He makes poor runs which don't create space. He constantly whines (like Robson) when he lose the ball or doesn't get service. He is not fast. He walks back when he loses possession. He has only 2 goals as a 'Cap.

Complete waste of dough. Would rather have Hasseli or Le Toux with Chummy serving them up.

Miller and Robson need to go. Robson has documented to have caused a rift and miller for the amount of money he gets paid. Portland's dp scot (Boyd) has disappeared so it's possible to make some cuts. Robson is constantly quitting on the play and too much time yapping. Just someone's pride will have to take a hit. Hopefully the can prove people wrong in the playoffs