The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I don't care much for blaming the ref.. possession is 70-30 for the galaxy. you won't win any games with that kind of dominance.

Indeed. First things first, the Whitecaps didn't really deserve to win that game. And they got punished for sitting on their lead.

But that reffing did not help things any for them.

Didn't like the caps strategy at all, but oh well. They played much better when they pushed L.A. (even though LA committed less players near the end). Still a memorable season overall and I'm excited for what next season will bring. I hope YP returns!

Refs on power trips is very common in footie. As much as Bonjour sucks I feel bad for him getting thrown in there for DeMerit and then somehow committing a penalty by being run over from behind. Great season for the Caps but Robson seriously has to go. Not even his bitching to the refs anymore but the fact that he has such a reputation he won't even get actual calls in his favor and that just sets him off more. There was one in the first half where he was knocked over from behind and called for a foul, somehow.

As much as I would like to believe we had the game and should have gone up 2-0 if it wasn't for Miller. I am still very proud of this team. Yeah the ref didn't give us any breaks but I am stoked about next season and our next step is to become one of the leagues elite. I really hate hearing that LA Kings twitter going off again. Anyways I hope YP doesn't retire just yet, he is a force out there.

I don't care much for blaming the ref.. possession is 70-30 for the galaxy. you won't win any games with that kind of dominance.

That was the 'Caps game plan though.

Bad game plan or not aside, that was NOT a PK.

Giant coincidence LA, and NY have the most PKs this year, and have the most fouls their favor. Not saying the MLS tells refs to make them win, but their star power is clearly intimidating refs.

Caps had ONE PK all year. 6 teams had more in one game alone this season. How is this fair?

The Kings are pathetic.

who cares, no one in LA seems to care about them...

Back to the 'Caps. On the bright side our younger players looked really good. Watson, and Mattocks are the future of the team, and if Selgado and Tiebert can stay healthy, this team will be good for years to come.

Our DP's next years HAVE to be better. Too much spent on Robson (who did look good a parts this year) and Miller (5th highest paid player in the league, and struggled all year).