The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

What's your take on Paddy, Scottish

I had a feeling he was going to go for Paddy McCourt.

I think Portland have been linked with him.

What's your take on Paddy, Scottish? He certainly hasn't featured much at Celtic. 60 appearances in 5 seasons is pretty weak. The 'Caps do need a speedy winger to replace Richards. He plays the right side, no?

Is he worth a gamble at 29?

What's your take on Paddy, Scottish

What's your take on Paddy, Scottish? He certainly hasn't featured much at Celtic. 60 appearances in 5 seasons is pretty weak. The 'Caps do need a speedy winger to replace Richards. He plays the right side, no?

Is he worth a gamble at 29?

He's a talented player capable of moments of brilliance, but he simply isn't good enough or consistent enough to play for Celtic. Fitness is an issue but I think he could do a job in the MLS.

So happy Robson got released!! Good start to the 2013 campaign.

I tend to agree, pimpcurtly. He did have a pretty decent start, but, he turned into a total whinger and whiner after 3 or 4 matches. Wasn't able to provide consistent service to the strikers, either. He demanded, and received, the ball a lot. After that, mostly big-long-1970's-Division-One-kicks up field or dribbling into trouble and turning the ball over. This was followed by walking back and yelling at his mates for not giving him options. He looked mostly disinterested, too.

Rumour is Miller is the next guy to go out the door. Also the team is going after more Canadian talent starting with Friend playing in Europe. There is no chance that the team starts with the season without adding a talented midfielder(s) Team seems to be addressing the pressing issues: speed, midfield, and releasing players who are not a fit. Should be an exciting year!

MATTOCKS (MILLER), MANNEH (HURTADO)

HARVEY (TEIBERT), KOFFIE (DAVIDSON/ALDERSON), WATSON (PAULO JR), SALGADO (CAMILO)

ROCHAT (FRESENGA), DEMERIT(MITCHELL), O'BRIEN (RUSIN), LEE (KLAZURA)

KNIGHTON (CANNON)

Hopefully still an upgrade on Harvey via acquisition or camp surprise and a starting midfielder displacing Watson as a starter.

Edited by bolt

Friend has signed with another team in germany.. Oh and make that 0-4?? on DP signings? what a disaster they have been for this team. Jarju, robson, hassli...i guess u can hold out hope for miller but cmon really... i can see how thats gonna end. Im not at all that excited about the current roster.

He seems like a dynamic and creative player, who hopefully will be able to provide better service to Miller and Mattocks. I read also that he is able to play wide, so that's the a plus since Dane Richards is gone, although that kind of speed will be hard to replace. It seems Kobayashi has a few tricks up his sleeve and can shoot from distance.

Hope he pans out!

Preseason began yesterday with a 4-1 victory over the New England Revolution. Mattocks looked extremely good with tallying a hattrick in under 30 minutes of play. Camilo and Miller also created many offensive chances. Hopefully a precursor to a good season for the Caps.

Edited by bolt

• 2 weeks later...

Whitecaps sign Nigel Reo-Coker, really like the pickup he should be awesome in the midfield for us

The 28-year-old has shunned options in England and across Europe to finalise a move to America.

Reo-Coker,spacer.gif whose wife is American, has opted to make the move across the Atlantic and is due to fly to Canada on Thursday.

The new MLS season kicks off next month so Reo-Coker will be signed in time to make his debut against rivals Toronto on March 2nd.

"I am delighted, it will be a new experience and I can't wait," Reo-Coker told Sky Sports ahead of flying to Vancouver.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11707/8513168/Vancouver-Whitecaps-have-agreed-terms-with-Nigel-Reo-Coker